Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 26 Jun 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 6:54 AM
It's Monday again!  Time to start anew!

What is the plan for today?  Can you believe that 4th of July is next week?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-26 7:30 AM
Yo! Good morning.
Ran 10.03 this morning. Mid-60's and low humidity. Very nice morning for running.
Not much else going on today, just work :roll:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:40 PM
You running machine you!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-26 12:04 PM
Good afternoon.  Small crowd today.

I did yoga right before bed last night and slept great.  Woke up with all kinds of aches and pains.  Hmm....

today I trimmed the dang hedge; upper body.  The hedge clipper gets heavy.   And I will get on my bike soon to balance out and do my lower half. 

Oh dear lord, the truck is back with more shingles.....got to go move a car.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:18 PM
I'm here!! Just took me a while. :wink: I've been doing more yoga lately. And meditation. The first time I did yoga after not doing it for I'm embarrassed to say how long. I was achey and sore.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:40 PM
The shingles were all delivered this morning and placed on our roof.  So tomorrow is the start day.

Is your hedge clipper manual?  I have some shrubs in the pack that I want trimmed.  I think my husband's is electric.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-26 4:19 PM
This is day 14 of my roofing saga.   I'm sure yours will be done first.

I have electric hedge clippers....weigh about 8 pounds but hoisting them from knee high to over my head for a couple hours wears me out.  Then I go back over it with a hand pruner to put a clean cut on the branches that the clipper mangles.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-26 1:23 PM
Third day in a row with no running or workouts. 

We're back home after 4 days and 1200+ miles. It was a nice evening visit with Brooke and her husband Eric. Dinner and a movie plus some time visiting with the husky. Got to see their new Ram 1500 pickup truck.

We toured some of the flood damage. Lots of roads still closed.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-26 2:22 PM
I saw a Midland story on my local morning news - guy dressed up like a T rex kayaking down the street in his Midland neighborhood.  :grin:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-26 5:39 PM
I saw that. There are nuts everywhere.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-27 4:44 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:38 PM
Loved your video of Niagara Falls! 

That was a lot of miles in 4 days but all well worth it.  You visited with family!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:50 PM
Yah but wow 1200 miles! Your legs deserve a break.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:16 PM
Checking in late. I almost forgot :shocker!: Was a busy morning. I got up, stretched and went out for 30 min run/walk. It was great temp for running. But chillier than I thought. Got through my first 2 sets and decided I was under dressed, so I went home and grabbed a t-shirt. Managed a wee over 2.5 miles. Then a chiro appointment. Errands and decided to hike around Walden pond. Beautiful day for a hike. The pond still looks low. :sad:

Can you believe that 4th of July is next week? I know!! Crazy!!! I was at the library and saw signs for the town celebration this weekend. HUH?!? :wtf::shocker!: If I could run 5 miles I'd run the 4th of July race. If it wasn't so hilly I'd attempt it as a run/walk. But it is a tough race. This will be the second year I didn't run it. :cry::cry::cry: I'm hoping to at least get one race in this year. :fingers crossed:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:38 PM
The year is not over, I know you will do one race before year end!

When you hike, do you have shade?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:48 PM
Usually. Most of the trails here are shaded. At Walden you can hike along the pond right now because it's so low. I generally try to avoid being in the sun too long.

I keep getting emails from past races I've run. I want to sign up so bad!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-26 3:36 PM
The day has gone by!

I did my workout video and then worked on HOA stuff.  We are moving to a management company and there is a lot of paperwork that needs to be transmitted to the management company.  As the treasurer, the bulk of the needed paperwork came from yours truly.   At first I was hesitant about hiring the management company, but actually I am now truly looking forward to it.

The roofing material was delivered but the roofers thought it was going to rain and decided to wait until tomorrow.  Well the rain did not come and it was a nice cloudy day, so they might have missed a good day to start the work.  Oh well, we have waited since last September and a few more days won't matter.

Enjoy your evening!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-06-27 4:22 AM
Late late check in. I did a 3 mile run walk. I felt like I was making some progress but my breathing has really been off lately. So I keep on plodding along. I have my first swim clinic on Thursday. :shocker!: My summer class is going well. I'm getting a lot of good techno experience as my presentation partners are 3.5 and 4.5 hours away.

One of our neighbors has his grands here for two weeks. They get along great with our grands so we look forward to another ice-cream run to a neighboring island on Wednesday. They are Nicholas and Annabelle. Annabelle is a pistol! We call her Bananabelle and she laughs so hard! :laugh:

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 26 Jun 2017