Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Here we go again - Tuesday 6/27
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:35 AM
My 4-day weekend is over so it is back to work.

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:47 AM
It is catch-up day at work. I signed on early and took care of issues and then decided to get in a quick run.  I went to the park for a couple miles. 

I get intermittent pain/tingling between my shoulders and a bit of tingling on the back of my neck.  I can run, workout, and do just about anything I want so I am not sure if I should do anything other than wait a while.  (Sit up straighter, use some heat, do some stretching, and see what happens.)  I went to the doctor last year for some numbness issues and ended up spending thousands on a stress test, MRI, and CT scan without getting any answers and the numbness just went away.  The tingling comes and goes no matter what I am doing.  I could be sitting in the lazyboy or working out at the gym.  Nothing seems to trigger it.

Well, I have a complicated project that has to be finished this week so I better go figure out how to do it.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:43 PM
Complicated project? Yuck. Hope you got it all figured out!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-27 7:02 AM
running the Dawn 10k at lunch time. Still having nice weather here...for a few more days at least.
Kids have a swim meet tonight.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:45 PM
Is the pool water warm?  Good luck to  the kids!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-06-27 7:10 AM
Having transmission difficulties.  I put it in run and it sputters and just barely goes, takes a while to get moving and it wants to quit.   Just one of those mornings when the lower half of the body felt like jelly.   It was still a sorta nice morning.   

Weather man screwed up again. Yesterday was a chamber of commerce day.  Open the windows turn off the AC enjoy the night.  What???  Why is it raining in my open windows?   He never mentioned overnight rain.   It rained on my train outside:cry::cry::cry::laugh:

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:42 PM
So your train can't get wet?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-27 1:41 PM
There was a 10% chance of scattered storms last night and we had them too! Usually we never get rain when there is a "chance" of rain. So I wasted water watering the seedlings last night. sigh.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-27 7:47 AM
I've found some new yoga youtubes to try.  Or I may run.  Or both.  Who knows?   48 degrees in NW Illinois this morning - I'm going to bake a pumpkin pie.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:35 PM
Do you do those on a TV, computer screen or smartphone?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-27 1:18 PM
laptop.  I don't know how to run it thru the tv and while I have a smart phone I don't have a data or texting package so it is essentially a dumb phone.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:41 PM
Pumpkin pie - yummy!  If we lived closer, I would stop by for a slice
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-27 1:19 PM
I ended up doing pumpkin custard because I didn't have the stuff on hand for a crust.  It looks delish, can't wait for supper time!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 1:44 PM
Do we really have to wait for supper time : pbbt:?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-27 1:40 PM
Which ones? I was looking for one and yogamazing was recommended but it's through iTunes best as I can tell and I don't do iStinkingTunes.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:51 PM
Tell me - do you really have to sign up for youtube?  I am obviously not a big youtube user.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-28 4:26 AM
M- Not usually. You can sign up if you want to be notified of new videos by specific youtube channels etc.

Thanks for the link D!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-28 6:08 AM
Thanks Jen!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 10:06 AM
The roofers are here and making all kinds of noise!  Hopefully it will done in 3 days!

Did my workout video.  Contemplating leaving the house for the next few hours!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:34 PM
Our roofers blew me away with a one day job. But there were no surprises.    My neighbor seem to take forever.  It think they spent more time going up and down the ladder than working.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 12:40 PM
One day?  That is was fast!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 1:45 PM
The supervisor was just by and he thinks they should be finished tomorrow!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:46 PM
day 15 here.:roll:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:50 PM
You must have a much larger house.

I am thinking of making some snickerdoodles.  I have not baked those in eons.  Do you have a favorite recipe?  I thought you had to chill them before baking but all of the recipes I have looked at don't require chilling.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-28 4:28 AM
The recipe I have for snickerdoodles does call for chilling about an hour before rolling out the dough. That said I only do that sometimes. Depends on how soft the butter was when I started and whether or not I feel like waiting. I honestly have never noticed a difference in the way they turn out.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-28 6:10 AM
Jen - that is what some of the reviews said - that depending on soft your butter is, you may need to chill the dough.  It should just be at room temperature, correct.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-28 5:51 AM
about 1100 sq ft.  just a really slow roofer.

and believe it or not, I've not made snickerdoodles:shocker!:  My neighbor makes the best ones and I just wait for handouts!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-28 6:12 AM
We have about 8 guys roofing. 

You have not made snickerdoodles!  I find that hard to believe.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-06-27 10:26 AM
1:15 on my bike outside. Supposed to run 35 minutes but I'm pushing that to another day as I was getting a little dizzy on my bike.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-27 6:47 PM
why dizzy?   weather?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-06-28 4:30 AM
Probably related to the orthostatic hypotension since the weather yesterday was awesome. It's not usually an issue when i workout but sometimes I have issues.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-06-27 3:04 PM
We are in VBS mode this week.  Last night was opening night and we continue through Friday. 

Great weather.  I ran 8 this morning on an out and back rural road.  The sun was coming up on my last mile.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-27 3:50 PM
Hope you have a very successful VBS week!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Here we go again - Tuesday 6/27