Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 28 Jun 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-28 6:13 AM
Yea -- 1/2 way through the week!

Any 4th of July plans?

On your mark, get set, POST!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-28 6:39 AM
12.07 this morning. 52 and sunny when i left the house. Awesome running weather for the end of June.

No 4th plans. Probably just pool and cookouts all 4 days. Working Monday...kinda...
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 9:03 AM
nice work this chill am. a girl could get used to this weather
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-06-28 11:12 AM
this girl is used to it
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 12:25 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-28 8:01 AM
I'm with Rob. Great temperature for running in almost July. Actually I woke up in the middle of the night and asked Chris "is that the heat running? It's almost July!!" :shocker!: When I was stretching it came on again. Generally I don't change the setting on thermostats, but I set this one back to 62° thats just crazy having the heat kick on. :shocker!:

No plans so far!

So today is 1 year since my mastectomy. So it's a bittersweet day. My body still feels tight and odd and out of sorts. My chiropractor says it's like I've been chased by a bear for a year. And now I need to say ok it's over calm down. I loved that analogy. Made me kind of teary eyed, but I liked it.

Week 3 Day 3 of my comeback running. It felt hard today. I felt so out of shape and out of sorts.: pbbt: When I uploaded my run it said I was running 7 min miles during my run sessions (3 min) WhAT? :shocker!: No wonder I felt beat. Eeeesh I didn't know I could run that fast. Maybe my watch is wrong? It took it a while to connect. But it felt good when I was done. Maybe that is more of the bear chasing me. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have a great day masters! And those here who may not be masters!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-06-28 8:14 AM
Thinking of you Deb.

Today is also a bittersweet day for me. It would have been my Mom's 81st birthday.  I miss her every single day and sad that she only got to meet one of her grandchildren, my son. However I do know that she is our guardian angel and is always protecting her family. Somedays I can think about her and not tear up. Today is not one of those days.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-30 6:48 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 9:06 AM
I love how your chiro explained your stress to you. It certainly makes you look at it that way.  :hug: you are doing great "comeback kid" and always trust your watch. always. :cool::happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-30 6:50 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-06-28 1:12 PM
A year?!? Wow. Happy running comeback. :hug:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-30 6:49 AM
Yeah. It's been a long ugly year. I'm glad to be on the other side of it now. *Fingers crossed*
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-28 8:28 AM
Rob is running dozens, Deb is chasing bears.  I feel like a slacker.:wink:

I did some yoga to the sound of gentle rain.  Pretty peaceful.  I have the last practice run tonight for our 5k this Saturday.  The way it is raining, I'm not sure if I'll attend.  Mile 2 is rollercoaster hills on woodchips in the timber.  Last week it was pretty washed out and could have been a rolled ankle just waiting to happen.  So I'll just wait and see.   The race committee will grade it and rechip it Friday night so it will be fine for the actual race.

I have a haircut late morning and other than some laundry the day is mine.  No roofer.  No sound of the air compressor and the nail gun.  maybe that is why the rain sounds so peaceful.:hug:

No july 4 plans.  Lee and Amy will probably go see fireworks, I'll stay home with Misha.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 9:07 AM
rest lady. peaceful yoga will cure all that ails you.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-06-30 6:51 AM
I will trade you!! I will gladly let you have the bears!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Yoga to the sound of rain sounds wonderful!!! :happy::happy::happy:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 9:08 AM
6.01 this morning in the hood.  felt hard. code.

I really don't know how I"m going to start marathon training next week. sigh.

QOTD: no real plans. trying to get a small thing together to make it fun.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-28 10:53 AM
do you marathon train solo?
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 12:25 PM
yes.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-06-28 12:27 PM
I would like to eavesdrop on the long run voices in your head.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-06-28 1:32 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: the only person who has ever said that...
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-06-28 11:19 AM
In the office today. No workouts planned but I may do a core workout in the evening.

I have a 4 mile "race" on the 4th and then a condo cookout with the octogenarians.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-06-28 1:19 PM
Decent enough run. Power walk .6 then ran 3.0 then run/walk .6 and power walked .6 :happy:  The grands are here today and it's beautiful out here. Lots of rain last night blew off all the humidity.

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 28 Jun 2017