Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Flying Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-06-30 6:59 AM
Insects. :meh:
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-30 7:00 AM
Thursday’s 50 minute run was better. My speed was up a little and I even tried some preparations for sprinting. Leaning forward is not easy for me. Or remotely normal.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-30 11:15 AM
Sprinting? Is that just interest or is there a 100m race in your future?? :laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-06-30 11:39 AM
:laugh: Actually I've tried getting some very short speed on the track but never outside. Oddly enough,  today I noticed that all the hill work has helped me to lean forward onto my forfeet. Forfoots? :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-30 7:27 PM
Forefeet. Although the term is usually applied to horses...
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-06-30 7:57 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-30 7:59 AM
2 miles with the run clinic last night. Not bad considering it was my 3rd day in a row running which I haven't done in years. Super slow of course so I'm basically running by myself even when with the group which is a shame, but better that than slow them down or injure myself by pushing the pace too much.  Some slight shin splints and knee pain so I know I have to take it easy.

Weather here has been really weird - driving across town I went from dry but cloudy, to roads that looked like a pipe had burst, to lightning and downpour. Thankfully we managed to run in possibly the only dry 30 mins on that side of town. Today so far is gorgeous sunshine...so obviously it's my day for indoor strength training :roll:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-30 9:20 AM
It is so cool to see you rebuilding like this!  I'm sure all of us have done it 100 times in our athletic career! It is good that you just keep coming back!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-30 10:04 AM
Wow! :grin: And how is your back doing with all this?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-06-30 11:13 AM
Not good :sad: but nothing to do with the running. It got a bit better for a while then yesterday was bad and I've bought a brace to see if that helps - I'm worried about the arch dig in a couple of weeks. It's better with activity but I'm not sure that will necessarily hold true when 'activity' means lifting & twisting heavy buckets of dirt, kneeling, & bending over for long periods of time :meh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-06-30 9:50 AM
I definitely wasn't flying.  Lousy weather and I felt lousy. :meh:  Very warm and humid, so it was a rather slow run.  We seem to have years where we'll get almost no rain for months on end (like a good portion of last year) then there are years like this one where we get tons of rain, a lot of it coming off the gulf.  It started raining yesterday afternoon and the rain gauge had 4" in it this morning.  We're supposed to be getting more rain later today and tomorrow...  It wasn't actively raining while I was running this morning, but the creek was about as high as I've ever seen it.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-30 10:16 AM
That is a LOT of rainfall.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-30 10:16 AM
I did my leg PT at the gym yesterday and then did 75 minutes on the TM, with 12 total minutes of running done in 2-min intervals.

I was aiming for 4.2 miles, but apparently I am bad at math when on the TM (I can add in my head just fine when I am running outside, but running on the TM seems to scramble that ability; anyone else find the same, or am I just weird?). The first machine I was on malfunctioned, so I switched mid-run to another one, and goofed on adding up the total mileage. Realized at the end I had done 4.6, which is more than a half-mile longer than I had done to date. Way more mileage than I wanted to increase just yet, but I actually felt fine at the end.

Finished up with 35 min on the stationary bike.

Leg muscles are tired today, and my left hip is a little sore from the effort of running, but otherwise I feel good.

SDO today.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-06-30 11:19 AM
My maths ability drops precipitously during any exercise but I also find it's worse on the TM plus while swimming. I think it's to do with multi-tasking - outside running has a lot fewer things to keep the brain occupied i.e. you (probably) won't fall off the road and you can breathe whenever you want. But that lack of maths ability while exercising is one reason I don't conform to the 10/1 plan the Running Room advocates but instead do 9/1 run/walk when building up. My 11 times table isn't great beyond 10 while running :blush:

Sounds like the PT is going well - is there a timetable to when you're 'released'?
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-06-30 11:32 AM
This is why I bought a lap counter. I can't easily count higher than 2 while swimming!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-06-30 2:53 PM
I do okay with calculating in my head while swimming, but for some reason the TM just threw me off, mentally. :laugh: I am sure you are right, though: it has to do with the ability to drift off a bit mentally and focus inside the head. It is possibly one reason why we all tend to dislike TMs; namely that we can't uncouple our brains as well on them as we do outside, and when you focus on running THE WHOLE TIME, it seems a bit dreadful. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The surgeon says I'll be cleared to do MOST activities by August, but that it will take until October or so for the new tendon to graft solidly enough onto my leg bones to support all normal activity.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-30 7:26 PM
I don't have much problem with math on the TM but outside, especially during races, is a different story. I'm the one who passed the 16 mile marker and thought "oh good, only 6 to go!"
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-06-30 7:25 PM
flies. :mutmad:

6.02 this morning. WFH and I needed to go to the post office (debit card finally arrived, yay; contracting check arrived, double yay!) so parked there and ran a loop from the PO. I found another Little Free Library in our zip code!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-07-01 11:25 AM
I really want to do a LFL in Evan' s name but our house is on a dead end side street (it is great for kids) so not sure how much action it would get. I may try to see if a friend would put one up in front of their house for me.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:53 PM
It might get people, you never know -- but I agree that a house close to a school might get more.

We are near a corner and 1 block from the local elementary school so well positioned. Now I need to get the darned thing finished! Carpentry is NOT my forte.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Flying Friday dailies