Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First day of July daily! 7.1.17
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-01 5:50 AM
Are these the dog days? It sure feels like it.

What's up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-01 5:54 AM
I went to the park and ran 5 miles this humid morning. I ran from the low end of the park up to the ridge and it really wore me out. So the last 4 miles were done in an exhausted state.

It really is a pretty place to run when the sun is rising and the sky is mostly clear. Great view of the park below and the mountains all around.

I'm meeting a couple guys for coffee in a little while.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-01 7:19 AM
I would love to see your park. enjoy your coffee time
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-01 7:21 AM
HI!

I got up early. hit the park by 630 and it was packed. I gotta start going to the canal instead on sat and sunday. less people. actually my real problem? I know to many folks at the park. I stop and talk :roll:

10.05 miles. 1 mile of hill repeats. taking off tomorrow. apparently I'm starting a 16 week program on monday. : pbbt:

hope everyone has an enjoyable and safe weekend.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:31 AM
My husband forgot packet pickup yesterday for today's race.   Ahh....so we had to go an hour early:roll:  I guess all that waiting around was good fuel for a PW:laugh:  Actually I missed a PW by 3 seconds.  Who cares?   A beautiful morning (68 degrees, low humidity, not a cloud in the sky) 1400 runners, wonderful volunteers and I had fun.  Oh yeah, pizza and cookies.  At 9am.  nothing beats a post-run slice of pizza sitting out in the hot sun.....:grin:

Lee's birthday today.  I baked a coconut layer cake.  And we're going out to dinner at whatever his choice happens to be.  It could shape up to be a really good day.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-01 11:43 AM
A sunny, low-humid morning with a lot of runners is a nice morning.  Wonderful volunteers, pizza, and cookies sounds like the ending to our VBS last night.

Happy birthday to Lee.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:16 AM
Is that all the race report we get? Pizza and cookies at 9 am. :wtf: WOW!! Sounds like great temp for running and just the right amount of people. :grin:

Happy belated Birthday to Lee!!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-01 11:41 AM
I ran 5 miles early this morning while it was still dark.  Had breakfast then biked 25 miles with a friend.  We rode on many of the rural roads where I run.  Not much traffic at all and great views.
Today is the 4th consecutive morning I have biked.  I enjoy it, but not motivated enough to venture out solo.  There were a couple of long and steep hills and a bunch of smaller hills so it was a good workout this morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-01 12:11 PM
a man and his bike.....:cool:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-01 1:01 PM
Hola!

I mowed the front and back yard -- does that count as cross training?  Now sitting inside watching "House of Cards" as it is time to stay indoors and stay cool.

Sounds like everyone else had a good morning of running, racing and exercising.

Enjoy your afternoon.

PS - I need to plan a dessert for Tuesday.  I would something with chocolate, nuts and caramel.  Any ideas?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-01 7:31 PM
Thanks Dawn -- those look delicious!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First day of July daily! 7.1.17