Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Showing up for Saturday (RR/NRR)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:27 AM
I'm back.:blush:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:27 AM
RR POSTS
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:32 AM
9 miles at 9:20 pace which is pretty good for me on a training run.i met some runners before the reg group run. We did 5 and then I ended up doing 4 with the full group.

I have been incredibly busy with work, DD, my parents and running. Just going at warp speed. Hoping I can settle into a comfortable pace and can post more.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:35 AM
Nice run!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-01 10:06 AM
Nice workouts! :cool: Welcome back, by the way. :grin:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:35 AM
I ran with some walking for 2 miles. I have a wedding today at 1:00 and DH is the best man. It is a very informal wedding, as the couple is our age and came down from upstate NY. It is at a hotel and DH wants to stay overnight. Not my idea of fun, especially because we live 15 minutes away, but I will be nice. I've been dealing with a lupus flare and am pretty tired. Last night we got together with everyone from the wedding and got home late. We helped decorate the room.:grin: Tomorrow will be a rest day.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-01 10:07 AM
Good workout! Have a good time at the wedding. :happy: Hope the lupus starts behaving better. :hug::hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:02 PM
I say go with it.:hug:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-07-01 11:23 AM
Banged out a hot and humid 3.3 and yoga after. Welcome back to Florida after some very nice Boston area runs. Bleh
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-01 4:15 PM
Not much of a welcome, eh? :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-01 4:58 PM
Hot and humid is like breathing water. Ugh!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:03 PM
Hey, it's flat though right?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 1:56 PM Edited 2017-07-01 2:00 PM
It is such a lovely day. I am going to go outside for PT and walk/jogging now that T-bone and I have gotten errands run for the day already. He is going to go into his shop to work on armor and my plan is to get some exercise and then do some more sewing. We are wild 'n' crazy here today. : pbbt:

Ooo! Eldest Daughter just said she wants to come to park with me to run! She is considering trying out for the XC team next year. Cool!!! :grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 3:33 PM
I like that post a lot.:cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-01 4:58 PM
+1  :happy:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-01 6:10 PM
:hug:  Sounds lovely!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 6:55 PM
Reporting back: Eldest hasn't been running for quite a while, so she stuck with me at my slow pace for about 5 miles, and we chatted and had a really nice excursion. She sounds serious about doing cross-country this coming year, so I will keep inviting her to come out with me, with the expectation that we will soon be splitting up on the trails so she can go at her own pace.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:03 PM
5 is a lot.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 9:27 AM
NRR POSTS IF YOU PREFER
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-07-01 11:40 AM
So we have a tub and then tried to install the tub filler.  We are missing the 4 bolts that came with it.  We commenced a search, but the 4 bolts are illusive and we had dinner reservations.  We were going to a very nice place so I found a dress and squeezed into it.  All good as long as I didn't breathe.  So off to find a strapless bra and couldn't find one.  Finally gave up and said, "I'll just go without".  DH said, "Then I won't wear any underwear".  :laugh:  Then for heels.  First time with heels since the surgery, and it was a mistake.  My ITB cramped on the drive home, and I hardly did any walking.  Place was very nice and we were seated on the outside patio surrounded by flowers.  There was a guy playing a guitar and singing.  The food was fantastic and the company was lovely.  :hug: 

Just hanging out reading and looking for bolts.  Found one that matches but is too short; so there's hope.  ITB is too tight for biking.  :sad:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 1:55 PM
I haven't attempted heels yet, so I applaud your bravery there. Sounds like a nice dinner out!

I hope you can find the bolts and that your ITB eases up.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-01 4:56 PM
Yes!  Augustine Grill in Castle Rock.  It's downtown, but the gardens are so peaceful and quiet!

Hold off on heels...knees are still upset.  I got dropped off and picked up on the street, so I walked all of 100m if that; and then no biking today.  Just got back from Home Depot with bolts we think will work...
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-01 4:14 PM
Glad to hear that DH is "supportive" of your lack of undergarments. :laugh:

Heels are almost always a mistake. : pbbt:

I hope you can find the missing bolts!
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-01 4:59 PM
I like the way you think!  Got bolts from Home Depot; resting up before install...
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:05 PM
Heels, like running require a good warm up.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-01 12:17 PM
Not running today, so this is my spot.  It has finally quit raining for a little while, but it is nasty out.  Mid 80s and very humid.  I was out pulling weeds and it's almost unbearably when the sun is out.  At least we've had enough rain that the ground is very soft.  I saw two black widows and thousands of fire ants while I was out.  I need to go back out and transplant some volunteer flowers that are threatening to take over the flower bed.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:06 PM
Hope you get to run tomorrow.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 2:20 PM
Bit of excitement here yesterday evening. I was going through the house turning off the lights at bedtime and happened to see a ginormous raccoon in the garage. We've had a raccoon stalking the area for a while now. It almost dragged off one of the neighbor's barn kittens, and we think it tangled with T-bone's big black panther of a cat, Benji, who made it back home with some minor bite marks and a disgusting stench of raccoon on him. It may also have been the cause of Dali's swollen face last week, and the reason she was gone for two days. So there was a certain "Dirty Harry" quality to the moment when I saw the punk in a place where we could deal with it definitively.

I called for T-bone and told him what was up. He grabbed his "varmint" rifle, a .22 with a scope, as I went into the garage and closed off the cat door. About 7 minutes later, we had a deceased raccoon and I had a renewed appreciation for how well T-bone and I work together in tense circumstances.

The raccoon, for the record, was probably the tallest, rangiest one I have ever seen. I've have encountered ones that were fatter, but this one had a huge frame. I'd say it was a bit over 30 lbs, and standing on its hind legs had its head even with my chest. :shocker!:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-01 4:13 PM

> standing on its hind legs had its head even with my chest

You aren't the largest human being, but that's a big raccoon! :shocker!:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 6:52 PM
Yeah. I was surprised.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-01 4:59 PM
:shocker!:  That's a big raccoon!  I had another friend complain about raccoons up near Conifer.  I told her how to kill it if she could trap it; but your way sounds more efficient than trying to trap it!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-01 5:01 PM
Good that T-Bone got it. That makes sense about why Dali was swollen up.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:57 PM
It does. I assume Dali has had her rabies vaccination?
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-07-01 5:41 PM
ah, yes, raccoons sometimes die of lead poisoning here as well.  Vile things.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-01 6:50 PM
"die of lead poisoning"   :laugh: Um, yeah.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-07-01 11:04 PM
puncture wound, the high-velocity variant?
:laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-01 8:07 PM
:shocker!:
You sure that wasn't a bear cub?

Normally I am not a fan of dealing with critters in that way, but that raccoon was certainly needing killing.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Showing up for Saturday (RR/NRR)