Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sluggish Sunday RR/NRR
- - By swandive Date 2017-07-02 9:16 AM
RR here
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-02 9:20 AM
I tried to get on a few minutes ago and the forum wouldn't load. :wtf:

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning and almost convinced myself that I had looked at my phone and it was only 2:15 so I could go back to sleep.  Yeah, when I actually looked at my phone it was 5:10 and my alarm was set to go off at 5:15. :roll:  My long runs keep getting slower and slower. :meh:  I would think I would eventually get to the point where I'm going slowly enough to deal with the nasty weather, but apparently not. :roll:  13.6 miles at an 11:15 pace. :meh:
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-07-02 11:58 AM
I couldn't get on until I used the IP address instead of domain name.  Most of us are posting on facebook.

Hot and humid is a nasty combination.  :meh:  Not sure anything can help, as the slower you go the longer you're out there.  In Phoenix some people ran in the middle of the night.  I generally tried to get done by 8am.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-02 3:08 PM
Am I the only one who can get on?  What a strange superpower. :wtf:  Also not terribly useful if I'm hanging out here alone. : pbbt:

I head out as soon as it starts to get light (about a half-hour before sunrise), but it warms up quickly.  The roads are such that it would be awfully dangerous to run at night.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2017-07-02 10:44 PM
I sometimes manage to and sometimes get error messages. If it's when I actually have time to post, it's an error message. : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:58 PM
I didn't try. Monday was way too busy.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-02 6:37 PM
No problems getting into the forum here - how strange :wtf:

6 slow but strong miles this morning after a pretty awful 2.5 miles yesterday. My calves were so tight yesterday I had to walk up hill as they hurt so much. I guess my stretching Thursday night must've been insufficient although I thought I'd done my usual routine. Anyway this morning I did some dynamic stretches first and all was fine.

NRR: I spent Friday evening trying to find a walk-in clinic that was open to get something for my back, instead of strength training. It's rather unnerving how easily I got 3 prescriptions for a stronger-than-ibuprofen NSAID and a muscle relaxer in both pill and gel form - no discussion, no examination, just "I have these issues with my back and ibuprofen isn't helping..." and whammo prescriptions, in & out in 20 sec after 90 mins trying to find an open clinic :roll:. I actually put the gel on my calves last night so maybe that helped as well.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-02 8:52 PM
:shocker!:  I'm surprised I had an easier time getting surgery than a better NSAID.  Ibuprofen just kills my stomach.
- - By swandive Date 2017-07-02 9:16 AM
NRR here
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-02 5:42 PM
Just came back a little while ago from the local Ren Faire. It was really cute. Like a giant roving costume party, I guess is how I'd characterize it. It was nice and we had good friends with us.

This one here is on the side of a mountain, so there was quite a lot of steep walking. My leg and knee held up great, even after yesterday's little trail excursion, but the muscles are tired and I am going to give it a break tomorrow.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-02 8:53 PM
Way to go, new knee!  Glad it held up well!  :happy:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:59 PM
Nice! I would like to go to that one at some point. We have the original (southern California) and I have made the trek to Hollister for North Faire on occasion.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-07-02 8:56 PM
We spent last night installing the tub filler, and today we retiled the shower and other tile mishaps.  Just a need to finish the niches in the shower.  Then tonight...the bath.  :hug::hug::cool:  Heaven!  The right size, very comfortable, a nice view of the fireplace. I took out my contacts so I couldn't see the shop vac and other construction stuff.  This is the bath I've been working and waiting for for 9 months.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-03 12:50 PM
A bath in the new tub? :shocker!::cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-03 1:59 PM
Yes!  :cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:59 PM
Mmm, new bath.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sluggish Sunday RR/NRR