Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merrily We Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-03 5:57 AM
At least there is tomorrow off for a lot of people.
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-03 5:58 AM
Saturday was SDO
Sunday Buddy and I went out early onto the trail. We got in 75 minutes total. Just before I turned into the parking lot I saw 2 deer. Later we saw a pair resting in the protected area of the park. There was also some evidence of a coyote kill so they are still nearby.
Today I’m out early for a light easy run and a few errands.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-03 10:44 AM
:cool:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 11:15 AM
Hope your run was good!
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 1:09 PM
Yikes on the coyotes. We have that problem here, too. Hope the run was good!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-03 10:08 AM
I'm at work today. Got in a 30 min swim this morning. After basically two weeks off for a cold, it was good to be back in the water. I did a short TRX workout last night after two hours in the garden. The gardening is hard on my lower back, so I'm looking for TRX suggestions to strengthen it.

I made Nanaimo bars for Saturday. Boy were then amazing!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-03 10:43 AM
It's amazing to me how good it feels to get back in the water after a short time off.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 11:15 AM
Gardening can be tough on the body.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:27 PM
Glad you are over the cold and back working out. Are you just looking for a core workout?
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-03 10:15 AM
Day off for me - which would've been better without phone calls at 1.10am and 6.05am :meh:

Anyway, 2 miles done and hopefully some strength training tonight plus a soak in the hot tub - that gives me a SDO tomorrow which will be good I think
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-03 10:43 AM
Oh ack on the phone calls! Work related nonsense?
Love the hot tub!
Are you noticing any difference yet with your med change for the thyroid? I just had a blood draw for mine but haven't heard back. Things are getting better but not 100% yet.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 11:14 AM
Work phone calls?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-03 10:42 AM
I had a good weekend of workouts.
sat- 3 hour ride/3 mile run all inside as it was J's weekend to work
Sun- 10 mile run on the TM. Struggled the last 4 but I did get it done.
Today- 3100 yard swim with 8x150, 8x100, 8x50 all sets descends. I think I did really well with those so I am pleased.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 11:13 AM
Nice workouts!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-03 12:28 PM
What/when is your next big race?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-03 1:09 PM
I have a training race on the 23 of this month that is an Oly. "A" race is IMMD Oct 7th (I think that's the day).
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 1:09 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 11:13 AM
I ran with less walking for 2 miles. Today I go back to the ortho for a recheck of my ankle. I feel like it is a waste of time, but I'll go. I wish my wasn't returning to running in summer because summer running stinks. Not doing much today. I'm still tired, but I have nothing pressing to do.
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 1:07 PM
Hope the report on your ankle is good! And... not doing much today is perfectly fine. Just think of all that you do during the school year!
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-03 3:10 PM
Hi friends!  I was out of town for a few days at the beach.  We did nothing.  It was fantastic.  I'm now back and trying to prepare for those classes again...still without a formal offer.  :roll:

I ran 4 last night...it was 86* when I got BACK.  It's brutal here, really tough.  It's just about making it through the days right now. 

My neighbor and friend ran her first marathon last night- it began at midnight and was 14 laps around the park. :shocker!: The participants had 9 hours to do it, and everyone could reserve bikes to jump on a lap or two if they needed it.  Our local run group met her at the crack of dawn and ran her in.  :cool:  I contributed with diaper rash creme- a trick I learned from PC.  It takes a village!
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:48 PM
Now that sounds like a challenging marathon. The time and the route both would be difficult, I think. :shocker!: Good for your friend!

Sorry to hear about the lack of a formal offer. What is up with education these days?!?!? :mutmad: The level doesn't matter, nor does the public/private distinction. There is a malaise that has spread across and up-and-down the educational field (based on personal experience and the experiences of my teaching friends, who teach at all levels, from pre-K to university, and in both public and private institutions). :sad:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 6:01 PM
Boudreaux Butt Paste?

Um...not too sure about the bikes for a lap or too. That definitely puts it in the "DNF' category for many races.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:38 PM
Made it to the gym today and did my leg PT, which is getting more challenging each week. Today included little tiny box jumps (only 4" off the floor), some basic court drills (running sideways in a partial crouch, etc.) and some balance exercises that are still really difficult for me.
I kind of turned it into a HIIT workout by alternating leg exercises with pull-ups and TRX exercises...a lot of core work.

It was a good workout, but the box jumps were especially hard. My PT prescribed sets of 30 jumps non-stop, and at the end of the second set, about 30 minutes into the routine, I suddenly found myself crying. Eyes flooded with tears. Not feeling distressed or anything, but bam, leaky eyes. It caught me by surprise, and I didn't quite know what to make of it...just let the tears flow while I recovered my breath and went on to the next exercise. It was a harder aerobic level of work than I have done in months, and some of the muscles in my legs were feeling uniquely tired, so I wondered if it was some sort of physical stress release? Or a reaction to the intensity of workout after so long taking it easy? Has anyone else experienced this while coming back from an injury?
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:43 PM
I did start to tear up when I went out for my first post-fracture run! I think it's the emotional release after you realize, "OMG, I thought I was never going to be able to do this again," and here you are doing it.
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-03 9:15 PM
It's got to be a huge relief to feel yourself coming back to yourself.  Huge emotional relief and release go hand in hand.  Just finished watching yesterday's TdF stage and the guy who won celebrated and then sobbed.  The harder and longer the comeback, the more emotional it has to be.  So good to see Taylor Phinney back on top after nearly losing a leg and severing his patellar tendon and everything.  He's back and he's 100%!  I'll have to go read more about his injuries again, it's been 3 years.
- - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 1:06 PM
Sidelined by my knee again! :mutmad: After my 7 miler on Saturday, I started having pain and stiffness in my knee again, to the point where I put myself back in my knee brace. Back to the elliptical for the time being. I will be making all of my doctors appointments this week, so I guess I need to add the orthopedist to the list. :sad:

Taking the doggie for a slow and careful walk, then doing the elliptical, then starting on my summer to-do list. :cool:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-03 3:09 PM
How did you hurt your knee to begin with? I think a fall, but I am probably wrong. I hope it gets better with rest.
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 3:57 PM
Yes, a stupid fall last October, which broke my patella and required surgery to repair. It is feeling better, it 's just frustrating!
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-07-03 4:30 PM
:cry:  Stupid knees!  One of the guys riding the Tour Du France broken his on the first stage.
Parent - - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:40 PM
:shocker!: Wow! I had not heard about that! Of course, my break was not nearly as glamorous. :laugh: (I tripped and fell in my own house!)
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-03 7:39 PM
I think you just need a good story to sell it better.  : pbbt:  Use your creativity!  I hope this is just a minor setback. :sad:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-04 4:40 AM
I watched that crash and though damn, I can pinpoint where/when he likely broke it (along with everyone else)!
I haven't seen much and don't know who the favored winner is (is it Froome again)?
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-04 8:30 AM
Yes, Froome, Quintana (who would have had Valverde help him), Roman Bardet, Richie Porte, and Alberto Contador.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:27 PM
Ouch. :sad:
Parent - By kcp65 [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:40 PM
I know you can relate, Zip!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 11:18 AM
Maybe you just need to back off and start back  gradually.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Merrily We Monday dailies