Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:18 AM
I’m guessing everyone has a day off for the 4th so this place will probably be dead. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:47 AM
~I wish I had the friggin day off. People blowing shit up until after midnight. Up at 230

~Muggers in San Fran stole a man's laxatives. Luckily, they left a trail for police to follow.

~Watched Eddie The Eagle last night. Cute movie based on a true story.

~still need to lose 30 lbs :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:56 AM
It started raining here around 9:30 p.m. Kind of ruined the white trash celebration of blowing up shit. :evil:

This town allow fireworks to be shot off from June 28th-July 4th. Is that not the most ridiculous thing ever? Mt. Vernon (neighboring town) allows them for one day. The 4th only. Our city leaders strive to set the precedence for being the shit hole capital of the state of Missouri. Sounds like maybe the dirty is right behind us.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-03 6:58 AM
They're not legal here ever. But the popo just ignores em
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:10 AM
Hey, did you hear about one of our former police officers getting stopped in Republic the other day? Got arrested for under the influence, narcotic possession, posing as a police officer and resisting arrest. He’s one I filed a complaint on a couple years ago for following me around town, sitting out in front of my office, etc.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:12 AM
:shocker!:  Wow, glad to hear he's a former officer.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:12 AM
Wow! I did NOT hear about that. That's freaking crazy.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:11 AM
Our city has something similar rule wise.  Way too long of a period of allowed fireworks.  But truthfully it doesn't matter anyway, they light them off whenever.  Randomly in March...:roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:07 AM
--I’m working today too. :meh: And this Saturday and next Saturday. :meh::meh:

--With the exception of the motorcycle we got everything moved out of the garage/shed. OMG, I can’t believe there was so much stuff in there. It took two trips with the flat bed trailer AND the bed of the pick up piled high.

--We’re going to move some of the smaller pieces of furniture (end tables, chairs, coffee table, TM, nightstands, etc.) tomorrow and then Sunday Iowa and John can get the bed, armoire, W/D and couch.

--Took another car load of stuff to my mom’s for the garage sale. Bunch of religious crosses with sayings on them that the ex wife brought down and gave Iowa right before she wrote the most vulgar, crudest things all over his mirrors and windows with lipstick and then vandalized his apartment. Now that’s a classy hypocrite for you. :laugh::roll: Her wedding dress is going in the garage sale too. Surely I can get a quarter for it, wouldn’t you think?

--Went out with the girls for sushi last night. Dinner, one glass of wine, a trip to Aldi’s and we’re all done for the night. :laugh: So much for the days of staying up until midnight, visiting and sharing a bottle or two of wine. Geez, we’re old. :laugh:

--I’m going to order a collar, tag and leash for Sarge this week. :happy: I won’t be ale to get him next weekend but I should be able to go down the following weekend and get him. :hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:13 AM
House should be just about empty, right
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:29 AM
Small stuff yes. The furniture is all still here. I’m glad we didn’t end up having to be out Memorial Day weekend. We would have worked ourselves silly. It was an all day job just with the shed. :cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:13 AM
How exciting that Sarge is almost ready to come home.  :happy::hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:25 AM
*I'm off today.  Basically I moved everything from today to Wednesday.  Which means while I'll enjoy today, the end of the week will be so much suck.

*I had a "dear john" letter with me on Friday to dump my passive aggressive client but only her husband was there and he was so apologetic and nice (and left extra money and pre-cleaned the house extra well) that I kept the breakup letter in my purse.  But I will keep it with me to use as needed. 

*Marie spent the whole day at CVS yesterday telling all the Chicago lake people that they couldn't buy alcohol in Indiana on Sundays.  She suggested to her manager that they put a sign up in the liquor aisle like most grocery stores have.  That had never occurred to him.  :roll:  Seriously? 

*Anthony got a $350 tip from one of his camp parents.  :shocker!::grin:

*I took the time yesterday to really clean my own house.  That felt good to have done. But wow.  So much dog/cat fur.  Ellie got a bath outside in her pool but that seems to have only made the shedding issue worse.  I've heard the term blowing a coat before - I think now I actually have experienced it. 

*Joseph marched in a parade in Chicago on Saturday.  He'll march again here tomorrow.  We didn't make the trip for the Chicago parade but I'm looking forward to seeing the band tomorrow.  They he gets a couple weeks off before band camp starts in earnest.  Their show this year is based on the dark side of broadway.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-03 7:33 AM
Wow, nice on the tip. :cool: I’ve received a couple of $100 tips in my career but one I had to remove from an old man’s penis. :laugh::cry:

Do you have a furminator brush for Ellie? I’m not sure how it would work on the type of coat she has but it’s the best thing ever for Meadow and the cats. Unbelievable how much hair comes out.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:52 AM
No, we just have a regular brush and she only tolerates it for short periods of time.  I was thinking about getting one of those mitt/glove type things that feel like petting but help get the fur off.  She might tolerate that better.  But it's endless.  I could brush her for hours and the fur would still be coming off.  It's incredible the amount of fur that comes off of her.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-07-03 12:12 PM
There was a parade here yesterday?

(also, that alcohol rule is DUMB)
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 2:17 PM
Lions international parade.  Saturday. 

Not disagreeing with you there at all.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2017-07-03 2:56 PM
Ah it was downtown - I avoid downtown on the weekends bc tourists. :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-03 7:01 PM
:laugh: I don't blame you.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTs