Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / July 4th Daily
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:24 AM
Happy 4th of July.

Enjoy the fireworks tonight.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:27 AM Edited 2017-07-04 5:31 AM
I'm in Hurricane WV waiting on the start of a 4 mile race. No age group awards so no reason not to jog easy.

69° with the dew point at 68°.

Decent chance to get rained on during the run.

The in-law's condo faces toward town and has a good view of the fireworks so we'll probably sit out at their place tonight.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-04 8:01 AM
A little rain would have been welcome but it never came until the drive home.  I took it medium easy and finished in 39:45.  First mile was good but then the humidity got to me and I walked some of the up hills in mile 2 which gave me a slow time.  Miles 3 and 4 were more normal.

9:27, 10:40, 10:15, 9:23

I let a couple youngsters sprint past me in the home stretch.

They were going to give medals to the first 75 finishers.  I didn't really want a medal but I was surprised when the last one went to the first person who I let sprint by me at the end.  I didn't think there were that many people in front of me.  But then I saw a bunch of walkers with the medals.  Looks like the 2-mile walk folks sucked up the medals.  Some younger kids were disappointed in not getting a medal. That was kind of a weird system for a race with no chip timing and no age group awards.

I was thinking about donuts most the morning. The new donut place near here was advertising red, white, and blue donuts that looked pretty good.  But by the time I finished the race, donuts sounded terrible.  So I came home and made a more healthy breakfast.

There will be plenty of junk food at the condo 4th of July hot dog cookout.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:39 AM
nice work this morning. sounds to me like you enjoyed your run. donuts. I have to talk myself outta those bad boys every thursday. Happy 4th Dave
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:34 AM
Happy Fourth of July!

Heading to my brothers later today and today is the day that I buy myself a large, dipped DQ cone!  Can't wait.

Enjoy your day and the fireworks.  Take care of the pets.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:39 AM
enjoy that cone girl! happy 4th to you and yours
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-04 11:30 AM
I did and went with a medium one as there will be lots of other junk food to enjoy!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-04 7:12 AM
Happy Independence Day!  The neighbors fireworks kept Melissa and I entertained last night from our front porch.  I came in the house at 10:30 when Makayla got home from work.  I was in bed at 11:00 and the booming was continuing.  There will be more tonight I am sure.

Ran 8 this morning in a light rain.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:40 AM
Happy 4th Mooseman. I hope your neighbors let up a wee bit so you can get some sleep.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-07-04 8:45 AM
Happy 4th of July, everyone.

HAVE A SPARKLING DAY!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:40 AM
Happy 4th!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:43 AM
well, I'm training again. 9.52 miles. trying to pick up the pace. Hot and humid today.

there are turkeys in my yard. :happy: three mamas and 6 chicks. I am loving the delaware wildlife.

neighbors over this afternoon. we split the food, her grill my patio. :hug:

enjoy your BBQs and fireworks. safe travels to all. today is a big drinking day.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-04 11:31 AM
Good training run. Which marathon are you training for?

I like how you and your neighbor compromise.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 12:16 PM
monster mash
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-07-04 11:48 AM
Another Peachtree Road Race in the books! My 11th.

The elite women walked right past me. Sigh. They look like aliens, they r so fit!! Jordan Hasay walked past, and, yes, she is that cute!!

DD has been battling some injuries, so she and I just ran easy for about 3.7 miles and walked the rest. It was extra hot this year but so fun! DS and his wife ran with us the first 3 miles and that was great!  More security this year, saw a number of homeland security officers. DH had a procedure done a few weeks ago and has a bad cold, so he stayed home.

I rode the running club bus so that was quick access and egress. Wore turquoise shorts and socks and a black top.

On the couch now!!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-04 12:17 PM
nice work girl!! enjoy that couch!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-04 12:47 PM
Good to hear from you Jet.  Glad you got another Peachtree in.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-07-04 3:11 PM
Congrats on number 11.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:44 PM
Thanks, everyone!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:09 PM
Good running.

I DVR'd the Peachtree race and plan to watch it after work today.  (NBCSN covered it.)
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-07-05 5:37 PM
It is so bizarre. Sooo many people in such old and also odd running clothes. The male winner, Korir, said it was the hardest race of his life! Thanks!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / July 4th Daily