Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Happy Birthday USA! Tuesdailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 5:48 AM
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 5:51 AM
Monday was just too hot to run without ice but I did. I ran 45 minutes out the trail, trying very hard to stay in the shade. It was a good chance to try and lean forward a little bit. Just experimenting.
Afterward, I went to my library and read yoga magazines. My former co-workers always come and see me. I curl up in a softer corner chair when I read.
Today I plan an early start and ice!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:27 AM
Do you miss working?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:00 PM
I miss working like I would miss a toothache. :laugh: It is like I died and went to heaven. :grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:49 AM
I enjoy going to the library. You are probably a celebrity there.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:04 PM
There is one main reason they are glad to see me...I am always happy. It's not really the "me", it's the "happy". Also, I go there a lot. All my books from other libraries and the University libraries (Ohiolink) come through my library and they get the circulation credit for that. More circ, more $ from the state of Ohio.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-04 8:18 AM
Nasty weather, but at least the holiday means there's not much traffic first thing in the morning.  I ran 6.5, not very fast.  My left leg that was giving me so much trouble yesterday did loosen up a bit as I was running.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:26 AM
I hope it stops bothering you.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:48 AM
I have to start slow to loosen things(muscles)  up. Maybe it will stay loose.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:06 PM
Excellent work on the 6.5 miler! Glad to hear that the leg loosened up. (I'm there with that now also.)
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-04 9:26 AM
It is a beautiful low humidity day and of course it was bike day. I was chilly at first, but then was fine. After my ride I did some weeding because I am a slug and was not motivated to do it sooner. I'm happy it's done. We will BBQ later, but other than that I have no other plans. I'm hoping to make placemats, which are late too since I wanted them done for today. Guess if I finish them. They will be done.:laugh: I think after those, I have a set for every season. The ortho cleared me for exercise yesterday.:laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:51 AM
Last year I waited until a 4th of July shirt went on sale (well after the holiday) to buy it. Happy today that I did. You will be glad you have the placemats whether you finish them in time or not, I'll bet.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:11 PM
I always try to buy decorations after the holiday and then I get excited the next year that I have something new to put out!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:07 PM
Good biking! Just think of the placemats as done early for next year. :laugh:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-04 10:16 AM
1:15 on the bike (trainer). I had 15 minutes easy. Then 3x20 build (each 20 a different zone). Tough workout. I am supposed to run 35 minutes but I am moving that to Thurs.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:52 AM
Tough workouts deserve their own day.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:08 PM
Great work on the bike! Good idea about the move of the run.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:23 AM Edited 2017-07-04 10:28 AM
I am sooooo tired. Was up late last night with two firecracker hating dogs and then DH comes home and announces that DD (who supposed to be spending the night with a friend) never made it to her destination because she got lost and drove her car into a ditch deploying the airbags. I was up until midnight waiting to get that resolved. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the car had to be towed.

So 5a.m. came early and I was signed up for a 4 mile race so I got up and headed that way. A few minutes before the start it began to rain picking up until it was a downpour. :laugh: I swear some script writer is trying to develop my sense of humor. Not my best time but finished towards the front, but no AG. The rain caused some technical difficulties so some did not get a time at all. 

Missed my big bonus last month by 1 sale after a couple last minute cancellations for things beyond my control, but this month it looks good so hopefully it will happen.:blush:

Just a lot of little things running me ragged. Our microwave died Sunday night and we do use it lot.

My mom is home from the hospital and I'm thankful for that.:grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 10:56 AM
Add spilling a root beer float in your gym bag and not realizing it until later to the list.:roll:  Ho Ho!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:10 PM
Oh, geeze! :hug:  Did you at least get a replacement? You are owed another float.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 4:19 PM
I noticed it was empty when I got home. Couldn't figure out where I spilled it until later.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-04 2:12 PM
Such good news that DD was ok.
That race should give you a hero badge just for doing it under your situation with rain to boot.:hug:
Sending good thoughts for the bonus! I would be LOST without my microwave.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 4:21 PM
You can get such a better deal to order online but it won't be installed until next Monday.  Ypu can do a lot with a toaster and oven I am figuring out.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-04 5:08 PM
Oh my goodness. What a night/day/week you've been having!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 6:03 PM
Glad DD is OK.

Poo on missing the bonus, but hope it will happen this month.

Sorry about the rainy race.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-04 6:02 PM
6 miles each day -- well actually 6.1 yesterday. Nothing big. That's this weekend.

Hot. Very hot.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-04 8:15 PM
6 miles each day= nothing to sneeze at.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Happy Birthday USA! Tuesdailies