Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waterlogged Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:03 AM
Rain rain go away!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:10 AM
~That was us last week. Way too much dang rain.

~Meth head blew up his house yesterday making fireworks. 3 fires in the middle of the night. God damn right, celebrate 'Merica

~So freaking exhausted I can't see straight

~NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence yesterday and people who had no clue what it was flipped out

~Our company had their Christmas Party Friday night! :laugh::laugh::laugh: 5 people showed up. (not me) One of them FB'd "Christmas in July". I was like...uh....it's June. Now I'm banished from all parties.

~For the 1st time ever we had to drug one of our dogs because of the fucking fireworks :cry::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:14 AM
Meth head:shocker!:

Can't believe, but can believe:cry:,  that people wouldn't know the Declaration of Independence. Shameful.

Christmas in July but really June:laugh::laugh:

Poor puppy:sad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:17 AM
people who had no clue what it was flipped out

As in our President! :laugh::roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 6:36 AM
Christmas in July...errrr June :laugh::laugh:

Blew up his house but not himself? So no Darwin award
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 6:12 AM
Feels like Monday to me, office was closed Monday and Tuesday

B's daycare was open Monday so I got to have a day off, ya!

He survived fireworks, was restless but didn't wakeup thankfully

M set off the last of the fireworks last night, which I wasn't a fan of but at least this gets them out of the house vs him wanting to set them off randomly later. He set them off in the field but debris got into the neighbors' yard (the ones we are friendly with and have the party with). They're pissy now because of the debris since their house is still available for showings even though they have an accepted offer. Which I get the annoyance, although M did try to make it so it wouldn't get in any yard but the wind must of blown. Of course now he's mad at them being mad and it's like oh lord.

I hate fireworks :laugh:

The days off were nice but I have so much freaking work to do

Tons of 7/31 deadlines staring me in the face. Usually by this time I'm already done with everything but not this year.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:15 AM
Today is my monday, too. I hated getting up and coming in today:roll:

Your neighbors need to chill the F out. :roll:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:15 AM
I get pissy when people shoot fireworks in my yard too and even pissier when they blow grass clippings on my house. : pbbt::laugh: I’m that neighbor. lol!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:14 AM
--At least the rain kept the fireworks somewhat under control.

--Always amazing how the same people who can’t afford to feed, clothe, insure and provide school supplies and Christmas gifts for their kids are the same ones who can blow up the neighborhood for days on end. :roll:

--We got the A/C unit installed in the barn yesterday. That was a little more involved than I think either one of us thought. :meh:

--Also got the electric fence put up to ward off the coons in our corn. It would be nice to figure out a way to just kill the stupid things. They are such a nuisance and so destructive.

--Older man that lives across from us at the acres worked all day yesterday putting sides on his trailer so we can use it to move. We have access to a trailer but he is adamant we use his. :happy::hug: It is a handy little trailer.

--I planted 42 (more) tomato plants this weekend. :blush: Our gardening efforts have been rather pitiful this year but if nothing else maybe we’ll have a bumper crop of tomatoes. I do need to can diced and whole tomatoes and make juice.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:16 AM
Nice neighbor:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 6:38 AM
You're going to be living in the barn for a bit, right?  Is that why you bale all that hay? : pbbt::laugh:  ok JK on that last part

Nice neighbor!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:44 AM
Our plan is to hang out in the barn for a couple of years and then start building. The set up we have is actually quite nice. Probably nicer than about half the homes in this town. It has everything we need and it’s going to be a great opportunity to get everything paid off very quickly.

Hey, laugh all you want on the hay. I just deposited another sweet little check from it this morning. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 10:47 AM
I was joking about the hay thinking you could furnish the barn with it  - hay bale couch, ottoman, chair :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 11:14 AM
Saves money on furniture and has a fresh smell. When it gets dingy just get new bales. You can even paint them to match your decor:happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 1:08 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:20 PM
It’s too itchy. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:23 AM
Rain at least washes away Fireworks fire fears:grin:

Peachtree Road Race #12 is done! And surprise surprise Ripley ran it with me! I'm not in shape and she hasn't ever gone past 3.5 miles. But whatever. We walked a bit more than half but she didn't give up. She was a bit freaked out by the number of runners Miles 1-2 but chilled out Miles 3-5 but seriously just crashed and had ankle pain starting at 5.2. But she didn't give up and finished strong (thanks to a group of runners treating her like their star and cheering her on letting her lead them to the finish:laugh::laugh: She was tired of me by that point. But she did it!

And yes I told my daughter to lie and say she was 12 in case anyone asked because that was the age limit:blush: I also had to hide her in the crowd so the volunteers wouldn't pull her and by result, me. :shocker!:

Back to my sugar detox. I took a break because i knew i'd need the carbs and energy at the race.

We had a great time at the Expo on Sunday. We got the commemorative Peachtree RR shoes by Mizuno thanks to my dad.

We also had a great time at the Aquarium on Monday. Lots of fun but expensive. :sad: The zoo is cheaper and has more to see.

So sore from Peachtree. Going to bed super early tonight. : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:29 AM
But the aquarium doesn't smell as bad as the zoo :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 6:40 AM
I hate the smell of aquariums!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 7:04 AM
I bet B is going to love aquariums went he gets older. : pbbt::mischief::wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:41 AM
I don't notice a smell at either:wtf:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-05 6:40 AM
congrats on #12. I was wondering about those shoes, I figured it wasn't just in a swag bag

Are you happy you went to the aquarium though?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:44 AM
Oh yeah. We had a great time and we got there and were mostly done by the time the crowds got large. They had never been there (at least in their memory, too young). We have done the zoo a ton of times and Ripley didn't like Fernbank enough to go back. It just isn't someplace we'll go to on a whim. The food was $$$$.

The zoo lets you bring in whatever you want and has free parking. But then it isn't in A/C which I must admit was at least one thought when i was planning it.: pbbt:

One of the hottest peachtree rr's we have ever done.:shocker!:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:45 AM
Wow, good for Rip! :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-05 7:07 AM
Just looked at our time - 2:03:45 :cool: for Ripley:hug:

Definitely FAR longer than my slowest but since I wasn't picking the pace, who cares.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waterlogged Wednesday RTTs