Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / What day is it Wednesdaily
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 11:51 AM
Weird day today. It's like a second Monday this week, but the first Monday was pretty mild. I have to keep reminding myself what day it is because of the Tuesday holiday. Anyway, post them if you've got them.

Bonus: Tell me why this is the land of confusion?
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:10 PM
Such a weird day. Yesterday felt like Sunday, but today feels like Friday since I am out of the office tomorrow and Friday. I am so confused! :laugh:

Run will be 6 miles after work. I have been having a bout of insomnia over the past few days, and even with half an ambien last night I didn't sleep. :cry: I stayed in bed this morning to at least try to get some more rest even if I wasn't sleeping. Yesterday I ran a 5k in the next town over, in a time of 25:12. I was aiming to break 25, and I was on track throughout the uphills in mile 2, but then Belial the gallstone started hurting which caused me to hyperventilate so I slowed down and couldn't take advantage of the big downhill in mile 3. The pain and hyperventilation subsided so I had a massive kick at the end of the race :roll: and overall I am satisfied with my time. I was initially listed as 3rd in my AG, and after waiting around for awards, it turns out they updated it after I had looked and I was actually 4th. No big deal but I waited around for a half hour for nothing! :meh: The chick who came in 3rd was perplexed too, since she was initially listed as second, and we figured maybe somehow they had someone in our AG listed as an overall place or something and then they updated it. At least I know what my competition looks like for the next race. :wink:

Bonus: the video for that song pops in my head sometimes, it was really memorable to me for some reason :wtf:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:27 PM
Nice race!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 12:46 PM
The puppet or whatever it was caricature of Phil Collins is just disturbing, weird or something. We were lucky then to have Reagan, eh?

Oh. Nice race. :cool:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:47 PM
congrats on the race, but that is a bummer about the gallstone pain

I would be annoyed about the AG awards :mutmad:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:25 PM
Congrats on the race!

Sorry about Belial & the insomnia :sad:
Parent - - By OxyJen Date 2017-07-05 12:20 PM
I fell while walking the dog last night and broke my big toe. At least four weeks of no running. Just like that, the streak is over at 277 days, just over 9 months. This is troublesome in several ways, the most important being that even though my running is as bad as it's ever been and I wasn't even enjoying it very much most of the time anymore, the streak was the one goal I was holding onto and running every day no matter what was the one thing in my life that I still had some level of control over and it was my last remaining healthy coping mechanism and the only thing that still felt positive. I guess that's not entirely true, but things have spiraled downhill pretty quickly in recent months and losing running is a pretty big hit.

I will say that in true OxyJen style, I decided to try running this morning, before I went to urgent care to have it x-rayed. Needless to say, that didn't go well. I ran about a quarter mile before deciding that running was a terrible idea. I walked home saying I didn't want it to end this way. :sad:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:28 PM
So bummed to hear about the toe.  :cry::hug:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 12:43 PM
Oh geez, all can say is that really sucks.

I do understand giving it a go this morning. I tend to be optimistic on all injuries.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:27 PM
Wow, sorry about your toe.  Maybe you can get Bill to set your bike up on a trainer & pedal away to nowhere for exercise?
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-07-06 5:25 AM
One of the good things about getting injured in the summer is that cycling outside is appealing, plus it's still light out very early in the morning so I can go out before or after work. I'll do that.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:27 PM
oh shit Jen. I think we all understand getting out there and trying to run. I am so sorry you are losing your positive outlet.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-05 7:00 PM
Ugh, that sucks about the toe! Have you tried taping it to really stabilize it so you could bike or do something else?
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-07-06 5:33 AM
The bone that is fractured is the distal phalanx of my big toe. The doctor gave me one of those hard soled sandal/boot things. Fortunately it's just an ankle high one, not the full boot. I think that cycling will be ok since I just wear running shoes on platform pedals. Bill and I loved canoeing and kayaking with the kids in Lake Placid last week. We're going to rent some kayaks this weekend and have fun with that.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:43 PM
Even though this is the second Monday, this whole week is kinda dead at work.  That said, I feel like it should be Thursday, not Wednesday.:meh:

Boxing class tonight, but SDO running.  Sleeping til 6:15 was appreciated as 7 college kids were making NOISE at my house until about 11:15 and then of course, there were the Fireworks People.  I can't complain about the 19 & 20 year olds hanging at my house as they don't drink or smoke and actually played games....LOUDLY.  Additionally, the boy was not home by curfew (midnight), but he tried to explain it "should be okay as he was out with his friend's parents."  And yes, this should be fine, but he had to drive home from his friend's house after midnight which for a 17 year old in the Republic of Texas, is illegal.  (One of the few laws I appreciate as they make the curfew thing much easier for me!) Anyhoo, knowing there were likely 8 million drunks on the road coming home from fireworks, I couldn't sleep til he got home.

Blather: Dropped the kid off at his last, ever choir camp at UNT this morning.....we are now in the "last" phase of his HS years.  This is his fourth year at this camp and he has made several friends from other parts of Texas over those years. He is notably different when he is with the Music People, than when he is with is regular posse.  This morning he was hugging people, calling them "buddy" and being charming.  When he is with his posse, the refer to each other as "dicks" while burping & farting at each other. :roll:  Boys.....

Bonus:  How can it not be the land of confusion when we are being "led" by someone with a 4th grade understanding of the world?
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 12:47 PM
17 year old's cant drive after midnight in TX? How strange for such a conservative state. :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 12:52 PM
I think this is a trend in many states now. Additionally, until he is 18, he can't have more than one person under 18 in the car with him, unless they are related to him.  These kids are such idiots behind the wheel, it really makes sense.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 12:56 PM
I just laugh because it's a very non-conservative/nanny state type of thing.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:29 PM
The curfew in NJ is 11pm. And yeah, I like it.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:27 PM
I think NJ has similar 17/18 year old driving laws....now.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:39 PM
music camp sounds good for him!

I hate driving on drunk holidays, it just scares me.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 12:55 PM
Sort of like Blazer, slow work week here in terms of support and interruptions. Not a big fan of the midweek holiday. Sort of like having two Sunday nights as well as 2 two Mondays, but I guess that happens a lot with Independence Day. I think I typically take time off during this holiday so I don't usually notice it but was in the on-call rotation this week so couldn't take off.

Non-workout: Hey, I ran 7 miles yesterday at Green Lane with the Lady. Pretty busy out there with the holiday. Dozens of horsey folk about. Run went fine, felt pretty normal actually but I am still on rx Meloxicam for the knee. See how I feel next week when I am off the meds. So non-running ended up at 16.5 days straight. A long time for me. To celebrate, I will run 6-7 miles tonight. Yes I am stupid but I was going slightly crazy.

Bonus: Too much polarization. Too many people just read the opinions they want to hear. Too many lawsuits.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:39 PM
hey you ran! Way to go!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 2:34 PM Edited 2017-07-05 2:39 PM
The running part was easy, the non-running part not so much. I didn't really feel any worse last week than while training for my 100. I am just not quite right in my left knee and it bugs me and I want an answer. MRI gets ordered next week. I could take more time off but I don't see the point. I will just not run that much for awhile.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 3:13 PM
That all makes sense.
Parent - - By AgelessDave Date 2017-07-05 1:16 PM
I haven't been around here much lately by thought I would drop by as my older daughter (the wonderful one) got engaged over the weekend......we had known he was going to ask for a couple of months as he let us know a while ago....they are a good match for each other and she is very happy so it is a good thing.....I am excited an now I  just have to be ready to finance the fun of the wedding....

and the last couple of weeks we were up on Vancouver island and Penticton in British Columbia....we had a good time and were up there for the country's 150th birthday (which coincided with my 50th)...it was fun and I got to spend some time with some cousins I hadn't seen in about 35 years (the ones in Penticton)....the flight was a little exhausting and the time change is a bit of a pain....

I did run when I was up there and I didn't realize how vertical my relative's neighborhoods were until this trip...everything was either uphill or downhill.....so I don't know that I went all that far but I ran for about an hour a day....

bonus: we are just a confused society right now....
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:40 PM
Happy Birthday! And congratulations on your daughter's engagement. :)
Parent - By AgelessDave Date 2017-07-05 3:35 PM
Thanks.....they are a good pair and he seems to have a positive influence on her actions as well as a good bit of patience...it is good to see her happy and she is also maintaining her focus on school....things seem to be going well....
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 2:36 PM
Hello ageless... I would congratulate you on your 50th but of course you are ageless so it does not apply. Happy Birthday regardless! Only a century younger than Canada!
Parent - By AgelessDave Date 2017-07-05 3:36 PM
Thanks dave....as the time continues to march on I don't feel all that ageless ....
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:32 PM
Happy birthday Dave, and congrats on your daughter's engagement!
Parent - By OxyJen Date 2017-07-06 5:38 AM
Hi Dave! Congrats to your daughter and happy birthday!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:23 PM
While I was at "work" this morning a couple of people said it didn't feel like a Wednesday :roll:

I had predicted 3 people would show up for 6am cycling class on Monday and was pleasantly surprised to have 7.  Turns out I mis-predicted the day and I had 3 this morning :roll:  That, some core exercises & PT stuff for my shoulder comprised my workout today...and cutting the grass.

I put this on Facebook this morning but only my family & friends who know my family would get it...the 3 riders in class this morning, who are "regulars", were named - Beth (my oldest sister's name is Beth), Nancy (my other sister's name is Nancy) and Janet Smith (I had a 93 year old 1st cousin who passed away earlier this year & her maiden name was Janet Smith.  I shared this in class this morning & Beth told me her actual given name is Elizabeth & her middle name is Anne...which are the same as my sister!

Bonus:  Not the same but the bonus made me think of this song by the Temptations.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:40 PM
that is kind of a funny coincidence!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 2:37 PM
Ball of Confusion... I like that song. :cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 3:15 PM
Your coincidence could only be more fun if my sister Beth/Elizabeth also had the middle name of Anne.....her middle name is Mary.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-05 5:22 PM
Ha! 

The woman named Nancy also told me her middle name is Beth :roll: 

I rarely have the occasion to find out last names for people who ride in my class, even for those who have been there most/all of the 4.5 years!  We (my sisters and I) have a not super common last name so it would be scary if Elizabeth Anne's last name also matched :shocker!:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:32 PM
Best "day of the week/date confusion" story: Multi-day bike trip down the California coast. Day #3 or #4. Late morning, 40 miles behind us already. Had completely lost track of the day/date. Thoughts going through my head: "Let's see...we've been on the road __ days, so today is Tuesday, which means it's the 19th...holy crap it's my birthday!"

5.3 miles following yesterday's race.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 2:37 PM
Vacation, it's easy to lose track of the days. Love that.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 3:16 PM
But you can't forget your birthday!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-07-05 1:44 PM
I was off on Monday, so this is actually my only Monday this week. Kind of weird, because I think that Monday wasn't a holiday for most companies here, but my company and most of my clients were closed.
Yesterday was a good day-we had some folks over for dinner. In the afternoon while I was doing prep N and R went to the Tx state fairgrounds-apparently they open the rides, etc. on the fourth. It was a little too hot but they had a blast-and I got a bit of quiet time which was good!

Today was 7+. Humid slog.
Just had a bowl of cherries, I just love summer fruit.

bonus I don't know if it is a land of confusion, it is a land of division
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-05 2:38 PM
Hurrah for quiet time!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-05 3:17 PM
I am eating so much fruit now as it really is super tasty.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-05 6:56 PM
I've been experiencing a weird confusion lately, where by about noon I'm feeling giddy happy because it's Friday, but then an hour or two later I'll realize it's only Monday. Or Tuesday. Or whatever, but it's not Friday. And I'm always so bummed!:laugh: It's happened a couple times over the last few weeks.

No run today, though I got up and put my running clothes on at 6:15am.:roll: I had a great speed workout yesterday though, so I don't feel to badly. Tomorrow I have a tempo run scheduled. It's Philip's birthday today, plus I have a bunch of house projects going on, so I took the day to finish everything up. My basement is clean, weights are all finally out of my living room and down there, so yay! I'm checking off a good portion of my todo list this week. #determined

Bonus: Christie closed the beaches, then he opened the beaches, who knows what's happening?:roll: But the Christie memes are so funny!
Up Topic Training / Marathons / What day is it Wednesdaily