Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Morning Thursday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 4:56 AM
It's so nice and cool here when it's early.
Post as you wish.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 4:58 AM
Wednesday I had 8 ice cubes in my kerchief. It was a very comfortable 45 minute run. I’m trying to balance my long runs with shorter ones. I have no self control once I get out there on the trail. I just have fun and it gets out of hand. :blush::laugh:: pbbt::roll:
Today I’m out on the trail again. Rubbed from a bra strap on the collar bone and band aids don’t stick there. :roll:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 5:45 AM
Summer (for some of us) is a good time run more since-days are longer and there is more light. Your body will tell when it's time to back off.
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 9:01 AM
Chafing is the WORST.  Hope it heals quickly!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 5:58 AM
I ran last night with The Weds group. I did not go to the track but went to the regular run instead. We ran from a park where there was a zero depth water area. Not many waded in  but it was sending cool vibes and that was nice. I managed 3.6 at 8:41 with a friend on a regular training run in the heat. That's pretty good for me. (Unfortunately my race was not even that pace yesterday in the rain.)  I have been training 6 days a week but my pacing has not been as consistent. I know if I got down to my race weight and increased mileage I would be faster, but I have gotten back some of muscles from weight training and I don't want to give that up.:meh:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 9:01 AM
Yeah, muscles! :cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 9:58 AM
Your pace looks good to me! Good work on the 3.6 miler. Muscles are hard to make and you don't want to give them up. :grin:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-06 6:25 AM
Awful "run" last night. It was supposed to be 2 miles tempo but after 0.8 miles I had to walk as I was getting dizzy and nauseous :cry: walked about half a mile and then slowly jogged the rest. I really wanted to sit down/throw up at the end but managed to hold it together and get to my personal training session...which was about the same although we did get everything done, I just had to rest more often and walk instead of run during the circuit breaks.  I wasn't dehydrated so I think it was a combination of actually over-hydrating in the afternoon, not having breakfast so under-fuelled (although lunch was good food), the heat, not wearing a hat/visor, and work stress. I've already had breakfast today, I will wear my visor tonight despite how hot it makes my head, and I will continue to hydrate...so hopefully it'll be better.

In the ongoing saga of my back: that was also extremely painful last night so probably didn't help. But I took both NSAID & muscle relaxer last night plus slept on the couch (firmer than the bed). I can't say I slept very well as the couch is a bit narrow for my fat ass, but I did wake up with virtually no pain so I think this has to be the plan for the next few nights. I did discover that my new sleeping bag, purchased for the archaeology dig in 10 days, is seriously warm...probably too warm :roll: I had the AC on all night waaaaay cooler than I do usually, and still overheated.
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 9:00 AM
Gosh, you've had a mix of bad circumstances lately.  I hope you rest well today and tonight.  :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:08 AM
Hope your run is better today. Bad runs just happen sometimes.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 10:07 AM
Good that you are listening to your body. Hope your back gets better soon. :hug:
Can you tell us what the dig is trying to uncover? If not, we understand. :happy:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-06 10:49 AM
Nothing secret on the dig, it's an long term project looking at an area that has some ancient mounds - so think Cahokia but on a far less impressive scale :wink: I don't yet know what we'll be working on, whether geophysical investigations or 'pure' digging. I'm actually hoping for the former as I haven't done that before and it's obviously more of my educational background. But I'm sure it'll be a lot of hot, dirty, sweaty carrying of heavy buckets of dirt because us volunteers are basically unpaid unskilled labourers :laugh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-06 6:57 AM
It is neither nice nor cool here. :mutmad:  It's hot, even first thing in the morning, and the air is thick enough to cut with a knife. :meh:  Slow, miserable run for me this morning.
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 9:00 AM
Sing it, sister :mutmad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:10 AM
Sometimes it's not possible to beat the heat.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 10:12 AM
Especially when the morning starts hot it's really an ENDURANCE run.  :mutmad:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 10:35 AM
Right there with you!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 8:02 AM
I agree with swandive. It's not nice and cool here. It's humid, sprinkly and gross. That said I ran 3 very slow miles. I swear I have absolutely ZERO speed :meh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-06 8:18 AM
Your speed and mine probably went on vacation together to Antarctica. :meh:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 8:59 AM
Who can blame them.  Grosssss time of year :meh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 10:33 AM
I hope that our speed is having a REALLY WICKED COLD TIME in Antarctica : pbbt::meh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:12 AM
Is your next competition in warm conditions?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 10:33 AM
Oh yes, which is why I'm trying to run outside more. I am trying to acclimate. The problem is that I don't really acclimate well :sad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:21 PM
Acclimating is no fun. None.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 10:27 AM
It's like breathing water instead of air. :mutmad:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 10:33 AM
Yes. It's no fun.
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 8:16 AM
Ditto those ^ two.  But it got done.  It was 87* when I got back from 2 miles last night.  It was brutal but I got it done.  This time of year we have to decide between the humidity of the morning or the heat of the evening.  I'll take the heat. 

We have a new doggo.  She is Bassett/Lab, so Bassador?  :laugh:  We've name her Annie, as in little orphan, because she was at the shelter for a year.  I can't imagine why- she is adorable and fun and has the sweetest personality.  Our former older child is having a tough time with it- he's used to being the only dog in town.  I hope they'll play eventually- they had one brief play time and I had to really work to get that one!  We've given ourselves a week to decide if it's going to work out.  If not, we may see if my BFF is interested in taking her- they have four kids and Annie would be a great fit for them.  But again, we're putting off making a decision.

Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated~
LP
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-07-06 8:20 AM
We have a Lab/Basset mix as well!  She has a Lab face, but Basset legs. : pbbt:
Parent - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-06 8:57 AM
Same here!  Our first doggo is Jack Russell/Basset.  So we have a bassador and a basshole (he really is a little jerk, but an adorable one).  Those basset mixes are impossible to resist!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:14 AM
Dogs may not click at first but that doesn't mean they won't eventually be good companions.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-06 10:29 AM
Good job on a 2 miler in the heat! :happy:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-06 10:35 AM
Aww! New doggers! How long have you had her? Adjustments can take upwards of a month. Did the shelter give you guidelines on the adjustment period?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-06 11:11 AM
Just took a look at my poor bike, with the thought I might be able to use it outside in a few weeks. Both inner tubes are leaking and need to be replaced. But where, oh where, could I find a bike shop in Colorado? : pbbt:

Off to the gym.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-06 1:02 PM
Gosh, I don't know. You might have to go to New Mexico, Kansas, or Wyoming to find one...
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-07-06 1:23 PM
Poor neglected bike.  :cry:  Ooh, Cafe Velo is there - that always sounds like a cool shop!

Opt Outside!  Get the bike happy!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:08 PM
I think Cafe' Velo is the first choice. And there is a Performance Bike a little farther downtown.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-06 1:01 PM
4 this morning, then hightailed it to the airport. Conference call and I wanted to get through TSA before it.

In the rush I left my laptop cord behind. Fortunately Brookstone in Las Vegas airport had one. I am SO expensing that puppy...
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:20 PM
Those are expensive.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:19 PM
They are, especially when you buy them at the airport. But I didn't want to try to find a Best Buy that had one in stock in Spokane.

I could have bought a Dell laptop, used the charger, then returned the whole thing when I got home, but I'm not quite that nasty.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Morning Thursday dailies