Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fried Chicken Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 5:49 AM
It’s National Fried Chicken Day in case you want to know. : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:04 AM
--Forget the fried chicken for me. I have 15 dozen ears of sweet corn to unload today. I already have 7 accounted for so I’m well on my way. :happy:

--This guy was telling us about this farmer who raised sweet corn. He was having a ton of trouble with raccoons destroying his crop. He ended up hooking up a generator and a 220 wire. Came out the next morning and he had 20 dead coon laying on the ground. :laugh::evil: That’s one way to take of the bastards. Problem is, that would kill about anything that ran in to it. :meh::shocker!:

--We took the couple where the alfalfa is some corn yesterday. I had met him before but this was the first time meeting her. What a neat lady. We had a nice visit. The back of their property borders the back lot of our subdivision so kind of close to us. We’re really lucky. We have some awesome neighbors out there.

--Yesterday ended up being a really busy day. First lady upgraded to a 90 minute session (she has been doing those for the past 3-4 weeks :cool: ) and then I picked up another 30 minute session in addition to what I already had. Picked two more up for today so today is full. I don’t think I’ll schedule anymore than the two I have for tomorrow since I’m working off site all day on Saturday. Need to pack up all my stuff for that.

--My cat lady went home on Saturday. I guess she’s getting along okay so far. We text regularly. I intend to go over and visit soon. If I understand correctly, she has to be home for 60 days before she can be readmitted to the nursing home where Medicare will pay for 90 days. What a ruckus. She has still managed to stay off of Medicaid.

--She was so appreciative of Iowa having brush hogged her entire cow pasture. It was an overgrown mess. He’s going to help her get that cleaned up of weeds, keep it cut and do rotational grazing with her cattle.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:14 AM
20 dead raccoons:cry::cry::shocker!::shocker!:

Glad your cat lady is doing ok.:happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:15 AM
uh corn goes GREAT with fried chicken

This super-famous chicken place here in town does family style fried chicken, corn, potatoes, etc....their corn is amazing. They add just a little cream cheese to it. Can't get enough.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:31 AM
Corn with cream cheese. That’s almost as good for you as microwaveable pork rinds. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:38 AM
ooooh eat em together :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 7:44 AM
Glad you have such good neighbors!

Where are you going Saturday?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 10:11 AM
One of my clients is having a family reunion. The girl I swap massages with and I are going to her house and giving all the women a massage while the men go play golf. There will be 10 of them and they are all doing hour massages so it’ll be worth it. :happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 10:30 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:28 AM
No fried chicken for me....not a huge fan :roll:

Time to restart the sugar detox.... Literally cleaned out my kitchen of food I won't be eating or moving 30 days later foods out of reach. Tonight i need to clean out the kids snack area. There is so much they aren't eating. Time to donate it. :roll:

Wearing my Peachtree shirt to work today:cool:

Both Rip and Tj took 3-4 hour naps yesterday at my parents house.:laugh:

I told my shrink i would get up earlier. I lied. But i'm trying:cry: I was in bed at 10 last night. And then overslept my alarm to 6:40.:blush: I feel like I'm making up for 10 years of no sleep these days.

Less sore today.  Ripley said she was even a bit sore from the race. Not surprised.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:33 AM
Are the shirts pretty nice?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:35 AM
They are. They are true finisher's shirts. You have to cross the finish line to get one. Plus the design is voted on by the public each year and kept secret till race day.

This year's shirt is one of my favorites. It is light blue. 2017
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:08 AM
Yea, those are nice. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:39 AM
I like the shirt
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:43 AM
It is a good color this year. Some years the design is great but they stick it on a horrible color which ruins it all. But at least they are all unique. I'd love them to do a kelly green shirt. I like the crisper colors. The muted colors are blah....
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 7:43 AM
3-4 hour naps, WOW

That's good the kids have snacks they aren't eating, right?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:45 AM
Yes, but they are going bad and are being wasted and just need to be gone. This is part of my new sugar detox and part of me just purging stuff from my house. either way, win win.:cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:45 AM
They will never take naps like that with me:cry: But then they have had tons of early mornings with me working and late nights because it is summer.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:38 AM
~Gonna be hot AF here today. Don't really wanna go to the gym to run....

~Still had to drug the dogs last night :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

~Royals :hug:

~Also Happy Birthday to the GOP

~XC is NOT going to be very good this year I fear  :sad:. We need the whole team to be working...but only a few are.

~Trying to get the AD to sign off on our first practice being at midnight on the 1st day :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 6:41 AM
More fireworks here, too. Sorry for your pups:sad:

Hey, student safefy should mean training when it is coolest....like midnight:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 7:42 AM
We had fireworks too, not sure how late they went as I fell asleep fortunately.

Midnight practice :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 7:41 AM
On the news this morning they were making a chicken and waffle casserole. It looked pretty good to me!

Have a bad headache, have a feeling it will turn into a migraine. Lovely

Rain today, maybe the weather change is making my head hurt

I think I spotted M's old car at a parking lot by work. He got his new one a couple months ago and this car just recently appeared. Kind of funny if it is his

Thinking of embracing my new "role" with some of our HR consulting stuff. I don't like it but maybe I can parlay it into a title change or promotion type of thing later on, or if nothing else work it into my resume.

I feel all adult-like deciding to embrace the change instead of fight it :laugh::laugh:

Need to work out tonight, was supposed to yesterday but it didn't happen.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:44 AM
I just don't get the chicken and waffle thing. Sounds like a very quick way to ruin a waffle.:wtf::wtf::wtf:

I hope your head feels better. Migraines suck:sad:

Adulting:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 7:46 AM
I don't get it often but I had one at a brunch place with bacon baked into the waffle and it was pretty darn good.  The chicken wasn't very good though
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:47 AM
Bacon and waffles - TOTALLY different and sounds superb!!!!:laugh::hug::happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:51 AM
Never quite grasped the chicken and waffles thing. Biscuits and gravy is equally as alarming. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 8:22 AM
who are you ????
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-06 8:39 AM
I don’t think you can get the west coast upbringing out of me. My whole family gets squeamish over biscuits and gravy. :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 9:06 AM
I don't like grey gravy at all.....and i'm 100% southern.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-06 10:31 AM
grey? I like white gravy, not brown.  I'm not sure about gray
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 10:41 AM
grey, white. same thing. gross.

brown is also gross.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-06 2:15 PM
LOVE chicken and waffles
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-06 7:46 AM
Can't stop yawning.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fried Chicken Thursday RTTs