Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- - By IB [us] Date 2017-07-06 10:50 AM
If you're racing this weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-07-09 4:05 PM Edited 2017-07-09 4:12 PM
Jumped into a local trail race today despite all the whining lately about my knee issues.

Race Name/Distance: Chobot Challenge 15k (dedicated to the son of a local trail runner who passed way to early in life 4 years ago)

Date: Well that would have been today, 7/9/2017 at 9am

Goals: Run. Run some tempo dammit. This has been a year of slogging.

Results: Not too bad. This was a USATF off road point series so I did not expect an AG placing. Might have been 6th or 7th in the 50-59 AG. It doesn't really matter. Objective achieved with some faster running and breathing and I covered the course, an easy one by Pretzel City Sports standards, in 1:26 and change. Best part was running it in with this 16 y/o girl named Bix who was so full of youth and what lies ahead in life. She refused to drop me over the final mile. It was so funny, and in a way made me smile happy smiles. Oh, did not get passed the last 5k, except for Bix, who finished just a second ahead of me. :happy:

Oops. Forgot to mention there were like 5 fun creek crossings during the run. Ah. Love me some summer.
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-07-09 6:18 PM
Sounds like a fun time was had by all. 

Here's a race I'd probably do if I lived closer.  The price is right!
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-07-10 12:33 PM
Fun!  Especially racing a young 'un at the end. :grin:
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-07-10 5:32 PM
Given your normal exploits this would qualify as a warmup.  Well Done!!!!
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-07-10 10:05 AM
Race name / distance: Endless Summer Trail Race Series Lebanon 7 mi

Date: 7/12/2017

Goals: Win. Then eat pizza and drink beer.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-07-10 12:33 PM
Pretty sweet goals.
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:39 AM
DSE XC 5K

Golden Gate Park, SF California

July 9th

Goals,  just wanted to see how I was doing.  Ran slower than my last 5K but that was expected as this was soft surface.  I haven't run a trail race in awhile and it was a blast.  It was a two loop course and I did negative split.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-07-10 12:32 PM
:cool:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...