Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fun Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-07 5:11 AM
Hope you can do something fun! :grin:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-07 5:13 AM
Funny thing. Wednesday I didn’t think my run would ever be over and I couldn’t think why that would be so. Well! Little did I know that my watch battery was dying. The watch kept slowing down more and more and more. Time was dragging, literally! :laugh: I actually did 65 minutes.

Thursday I had lots of ice so I stayed pretty cool. Sooner or later it still felt like I was covered in Saran wrap. I saw a former running buddy on his bike on the trail and a cross country group of girls whom I commended as they went by. I used BodyGlide on the rubbed places and that helped a lot.
Today I’m out on the trail again.

Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-07 9:12 AM
How strange about your watch! I've never seen that before just a working/not working switch off. Good incentive to keep the batteries charged though!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-07 9:33 AM
This is a little $11 mechanical watch with hands. :grin: I've had that happen before. I'll just get a new watch.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-07 10:23 AM
I love that your watch was slowing time. If only we could use that excuse on every workout that seems to drag!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-07 9:10 AM
2.5 miles at the run clinic last night. We had a wonderful, but really long, talk from a local physio on injury prevention. It was really interesting and I've been to her clinic before, we chatted afterwards and I'm going to make an appointment to see her specifically when the latest back pain flare up is gone to do a full strength/flexibility assessment. It feels a bit like whack-a-mole at the moment where every time I tamp down one flare up, something else flares. Because the clinic is in the same place as my personal training (as in, I work out 10' away from the clinic door!) she knows my trainer so agreed that we can all work together to fix my mess of a spine :hug:

Anyway, the run was much better than Wednesday night despite being far later in the evening than I prefer which meant my belly was rumbling before we started - a 6.30pm run means late lunch & dinner after; an 8pm run is a whole other beast. Still it was nice & the lady that isn't far off my pace was there so we ran together which helped.

And in really good but not wanting to jinx myself news - I've slept the last couple of nights on the sofa and while it's lousy quality/quantity of sleep...my back hasn't hurt either morning :cool: Next question is whether this fixes it and I can return to the substantially wider bed or whether the pain returns if I do so. If the latter I have no idea what I'll do - I'm essentially in a long stay hotel so I don't see any chance they'll replace the mattress.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-07 9:36 AM
Great that you got in a good 2.5 miler and have good connections for your back symptoms. I wish you the best on the sleep/mattress thing. :hug:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-07 10:22 AM
Can you slip a board under the mattress?

That PT sounds cool. Should you see her before you are all healed? She can probably help with assessment and recovery.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-07 12:41 PM
I think the assessment of flexibility will be impacted by my current issues so in order to treat the whole problem I'd prefer to wait. I don't want to appear to have range of motion issues with X because of pain in Y. Of course if I'm still having pain after my week off in mid-July I may rethink that, but I can't get in to see her until then anyway...
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-07 5:52 PM
Oh, that sounds like a good avenue to explore in terms of diagnosing WTF is going on with your back. You have had a spinal X-ray, right, to check for disc compression?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-07 7:09 PM
Scoliosis diagnosed 30 years ago by x-ray plus 2 compressed discs diagnosed 25 years ago by MRI, and self-diagnosed sciatiaca : pbbt: Sadly none of this is new but the flare up in early 2015 was the first time I had what appears to be permanent after effects and that plus the unavoidable aging issues and its influence on unacceptable weight gain means I'm more focused on a fix that isn't just taking pain killers. The first few years post diagnoses were bad but for most of the last 20 years I've been able to live with daily mild pain plus occasional flare ups. The flare ups of the past 2 years have been the worst since I was a teenager so it's time to see what can be done to help.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-07 10:08 AM
2500 of a 3000 yard swim. I forgot my inhaler and was having some trouble with easier breathing and then my foot kept cramping up. So I skipped a 500 moderate effort set. That's all for today other than some dog walks.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-07 10:20 AM
When you do these sets is it all crawl?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-07 11:25 AM
Since I am a triathlete usually my swims are free. However it's not always all free. This week (wed) she had me do anything of my choice for 200 that was NOT free :laugh: I did back. Today I had 2x75 scull (drill) and 2x75 FTIP (drill) and 2x150 build, 4x100 fast repeat the entire sequence and then 500 mod (which I skipped) as the main set.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-07 11:34 AM
75 of scull sounds like it would take hours!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-07 1:40 PM
It does, it does and I had to do it TWICE! However I use fins or PB when I do it, today fins.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-07 6:02 PM
*bowing down before your workout*
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-07 10:20 AM Edited 2017-07-07 10:23 AM
I did a 50 min yoga session last night on hamstrings and hips.  It felt amazing!! Then this morning I did 25 min in the pool. Threw in some backstroke for variety. Boy is that hard! My body felt tired. I had planned on doing about 35 min, but cut it short as I was getting niggles.  Perhaps yoga and swimming less than 10 hours apart is not a great idea! I also forgot to replace the conditioner in my gym bag, so my hair is a bit of a mess today!

About two weeks ago I fell when I missed the bottom step to my basement. My foot has not felt right since then.  It doesn't hurt really, but it just feels off. Like I've lost flexibility. So I'm trying to stretch it more and do self massage. Not sure what else to do. I don't really want to see a doctor about it.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-07 6:01 PM
SDO today, aka "Shopping Day Off." Hit the local outlet stores with Eldest Daughter, who needs wardrobe items for this summer. Turns out the outlets near here are the real deal, with actual discounts and significant sales on actual overstock items...and from good brands, too. They even have an Arc'Teryx shop: one of I think three in the U.S. outside of the Pacific Northwest. :grin:

Then my cardio included a walk through Costco, where I explored just how much it costs to lead a carnivorous lifestyle. My wallet said "owie", but I did get some nice steaks for T-bone's birthday dinner on Monday. (And waiting now for Arimathea to make a joke about how I already have a T-bone at home...: pbbt::evil:)

Anyway, lots of walking but all low-intensity.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fun Friday dailies