Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Soak Up the SunDailies
- - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-09 5:39 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-09 7:33 AM
Struggling lately. Feeling very weak (and slow AF)

Lots of excuses but don't know which is the real reason for it.

LR fail today

8 miles total. 11:45/mile
Avg HR great 132 but zero energy. Ran 7 Easy then tried to drop to MP and physically couldn't do it. It was like someone just pulled the plug. Finished 4 miles short.
Parent - By NYCoach [us] Date 2017-07-09 7:33 AM
The heat doesn't help I'm sure. Great job gutting through it my friend.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-09 8:23 AM
How's your nutrition?  Are you cutting calories?  I hope whatever it is goes away soon.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-09 12:04 PM
Nutrition is horrible. Going back to 100% Paleo starting tomorrow.

Feels like I am getting incrementally slower, while at the same time the amount of "work" I am able to do is less and less.

But what doesn't make sense is HR seems just fine.
Parent - - By NYCoach [us] Date 2017-07-09 7:37 AM
I feel badly posting this when others are struggling lately. But maybe seeing what's progressing after such a big surgery etc can help in some way. I honestly think I'm getting into the best shape of my life. It's amazing to me.

16 mile bike at 21.2 mph straight into 11 mile run which ended up at 6:42 overall pace. Each mile just got faster and faster and I felt like a machine. Totally in control. I can't believe this. I don't think I have any 5k type speed anymore but I feel like I can motor pretty well for long periods of time. A whole new world for me
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-09 8:24 AM
That's amazing and wonderful to read about.  I know how hard you worked to get back, I'm so happy for you that everything is going so well.  :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-09 12:05 PM
Dude I am so stoked for you. :)

Never feel bad about posting success my friend.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-09 10:52 AM
10.2 for me this morning.  I've been feeling a little too beat up the last few days.  I skipped my second run yesterday and still woke up sore.  :mutmad:  I kept to the treadmill this morning in case I needed to bail early.  I rolled pre-run and everything felt pretty much ok.  I'm not sure if I just run too hard outside or it's the surface.  Probably a combination of both.
Parent - By NYCoach [us] Date 2017-07-09 11:09 AM
If I ran doubles everyday I wouldn't be able to walk!! I really don't know how you do it. Great job today and a smart run!
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-09 12:05 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-09 3:26 PM
About an hour of paddling. :happy:  I like to look for turtles while out on the kayak. My dh today:  "Why are the turtles always across the lake?  Why don't we ever park where the turtles are already instead of paddling all the way across the lake to look for them?"  :laugh::laugh::laugh: He's definitely on to me. :blush::grin::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-10 4:54 AM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Soak Up the SunDailies