Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTS
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:22 AM
It’s a sultry one out there. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:33 AM
--I’m so bummed today. Sarge got adopted. I’m happy he got a home after so long in the shelter but it wasn’t us. :sad: We were going to go this coming Saturday to get him and he got adopted yesterday. His brother is there so he may be an option. I just want a big, black dog. :hug:

--We got moved!!!!! I’m going to work on cleaning the house this week during the day when I have breaks and maybe a little bit after work. I’d like to have that all wrapped up by the weekend.

--I thought I was an exceptional housekeeper but when you move a dresser and bed that has been there for 15 years and a washer and dryer that has been there 14 years there is A LOT of dust and cobwebs. :shocker!: I think I’ve filled my Shark up 3-4 times already. :blush:

--Well, it certainly was worth working Saturday. Kim and I did that “spa party” thing where we went to a lady’s home. We were each supposed to do 5-1 hour sessions and then after the third ones they asked if we could each do one more because a couple guys wanted a massage. Ended up each doing six! Everyone tipped generously, plus we had already factored in $5 extra for each massage to cover the outcall fee, so I walked out of there with $350. :cool:

--I hope there are some good deals on Amazon tomorrow. I have a long list of stuff I need----night lights, shower caddy, towel rack, lid holder, oven liners, spice rack, workout mats, etc.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:50 AM
I'm so sorry you missed out on Sarge! :sad: But yes, glad he got adopted.

Sounds like a great working weekend!:cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:55 AM
Sorry you didn't get Sarge :sad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 6:59 AM
Glad the spa party went well - maybe they will share the word with friends!

M is all about Prime day although I swear in previous years there haven't been that good of deals
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-10 8:19 AM
My Mom was asking if I was excited about Prime day.  I'm remembering it as being a big fat letdown in previous years for me.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-10 8:20 AM
I know how much you thought of Sarge as your dog already.  Sorry he got a different home.  I hope you find your dog.  :hug:

:cool: on Saturday's work.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 7:19 AM
The kids are at soccer camp this week.

Just got info about the season for Ripley. It starts early. They will start with a camp the first week of school and then a tournament 3 weeks later. Another tournament in November and again in February. Practice will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, the best option. So excited for this to start.

Can't believe school starts in 3 weeks. I should probably register Tj for kindergarden....:blush::blush::shocker!::shocker!:

Officially got kicked in the nose yesterday after diving (and getting) the ball. :cool: Luckily it didn't really hurt. Sadly, an earlier inadvertant handball hurt way worse.

Nails are already too long and I need to wait another 2 weeks to get them done. :shocker!: Gonna have to file them down myself. :roll:

Fell off the anti-sugar wagon with Peachtree (needed carbs) and haven't returned. Will do so today:grin: Drinking my unsweetened coffee right now.

Super productive weekend. The house is a wreck, but weirdly it is closer to being cleaned out. Just need to finalize things and then it will be cleaner.

Not sure I'll be able to finish GOT through all 6 seasons before next Sunday. I'm going to have to binge at least 5 episodes this weekend to make it.

Just bought a booster seat for Tj. I'm over the three point harness and big car seat. Taking it out tonight:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 7:34 AM
Do they have games in between the tournaments? Seems super spread out

I usually make a bigger mess before getting things organized/cleaned, so I understand!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:04 AM
Yes, the true season starts late August to the first week of November, then late February to Early May.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:48 AM
Seems schools are starting earlier and earlier.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 10:29 AM
around here they are all on this "balanced" calendar which is closer to year round school than what we were used to. As a result they have a shorter summer break since they have longer breaks during the year so most start end of July now. It is crazy.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:20 PM
We have 8 weeks of summer. They finished right before Memorial Day and will return July 31.

But they have a week off in September, November, February and April.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 7:30 AM
Bought convertible car seats yesterday. Hadn't planned to but they were on sale and I got a $20 gift card for each one so they were just over $100 each which is a really good deal

B was lots of fun this weekend, he just keeps getting cuter and more fun. He has his fussy moments but lots of laughter and smiles make it worth it. He's getting close to crawling too, he uses mostly arms and his toes but isn't up on his knees for it just yet

Coworker just got engaged, is it bad I'm like don't do it!  LOL

Mmmmm donuts from my new favorite shop. Yumm.

Donuts don't help my dread at having to weigh in at the Dr on Friday

Took B to a state park but it was a bust because the trails were flooded some and then the bugs were bad, we were getting bitten so I knew B was too. Fortunately he doesn't seem to have any lasting bug bits on him
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:06 AM
I think the same thing about everyone i hear about getting married! Plus all those damned memes on FB and TW about great relationships....yeah. They are great until they aren't. :roll::roll:

Babies getting active are fun but you thought you were tired before:wtf::wink::hug::hug: Time to babyproof....if you are into that sort of thing:blush::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 10:30 AM
TW??

I want to do some baby proofing as he's about busted his head a few times already but I know I can't do it all. Also plan to do the kitchen cabinets at least where cleaning stuff is
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-10 10:51 AM
I got rid of our coffee table the day my oldest gave himself a black eye on our coffee table. I was way more traumatized than he was, btw.  And I loved that coffee table.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:21 PM
oh, twitter. sorry.

All we did was a gate and the cleaning cabinets and plug covers.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:46 AM
No, not bad about the engagement. I was like that for 49 years. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 10:30 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:22 AM
My poor boss is in his office moaning with a probable ulcer. :cry::cry::cry: I wish I could fix him. His wife is on her way to take him to the doctor. This is the third time in a year and a half this pain has happened. He can barely sit up straight.:cry::cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-10 10:31 AM
yikes! What causes it? Stress? Eating habits?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:21 PM
Stress maybe. He is self-employed and the sole earner, super busy with work but maintains a great life/work balance. Think it is just germs.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-10 10:53 AM
One of my kids just woke up. I've been up for 6.5 hours. I'm thinking about an afternoon nap and he's having breakfast. :laugh:

And one is still sleeping!  :shocker!::roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:22 PM
:shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Muggy Monday RTTS