Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 10th of July
- - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:37 AM Edited 2017-07-10 6:39 AM
Good morning masters!! Time to post 'em!! What ever you have!!! Up and at em!

This morning was just over 3 miles. The weather woman said it was dry out with little humidity. HA! how can they lie like that?? :laugh::laugh: I was dripping. Good run though. A neighbor stopped me and said how good it was to see me out running again. Awww he brought tears to my eyes!! His daughter (he has 5 daughters :shocker!: and his wife is passed) was diagnosed right after me and is still battling depression (yep me too) and very tired (yep me too). I thought it was very sweet. He said if you ever need an ear...

Made my day!!

Have a great day Masters!!!

Today my youngest granddaughter is 5!! :shocker!: Hard to believe. I think time passes quicker when you're a grandparent!!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:56 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug: if everyone could just remember that we all are human and need each other!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug

HBD to 5 yr old GD. such a sweet age.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:18 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:34 PM
Amen!!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 6:58 AM
I'm up, I"m up. goodness. today was my day to sleep in. up at 7 and it doesn't seem like it worked....

more coffee please.

took Josh to camp at the HS. art in 3d, I  hope it's fun. the girl is still sleeping.

I hope to do some yoga today. rest day from running
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:14 AM
Hope Josh enjoys his camp -- sounds interesting.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:33 AM
he did. he is the only boy but whatever!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:15 PM
:cool:  learning art and how to be a ladies man.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:18 PM
:happy::cool:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:35 PM
I'm considering an afternoon cup of coffee, which I don't usually require!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:47 PM
I would never sleep tonight
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2017-07-10 7:27 AM
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-10 7:44 AM
There was a short, one morning window of lower temperatures so I took advantage of it with a 5 mile run.

Happy birthday to your granddaughter. Just 4 more days until I get to pick-up my oldest granddaughter down in Atlanta.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:15 AM
Oh, I can't wait to hear stories about you and the kid again!

I did 5 miles also but mine were power walking ones.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:37 PM
The "kid" is in Atlanta?? Y'all should stop by and say hello!!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:42 PM
My daughter is bringing her up to Atlanta from Tallahassee to save us some driving.  We're going to Legoland on Saturday if you want to drop by and try to find us.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-07-10 8:07 AM
It's nice here too. Yesterday I went into Boston for a baby shower for Danny's nephew's wife. They had a big crazy fun and elaborate wedding last fall. This shower was quite the event and the food was good. It was after a two night stretch and no sleep so I rode with his sister and a few others. Needless to say, I slept great last night!

My knee still hurts from my stupid boat move on the morning of the 4th. I'm babying it so I can get through the sprint tri in 2 weeks. Can't wait to see all my sisters but in big news: MACI WILL BE HERE IN 9 DAYS! :hug: Just to go on record I love and adore all my grands but Maci and I just share a different bond. I also have it with my grandson Joey here in Maine, too. Jared told me the other night he couldn't remember where something was and Joey handed him the phone and said, "Call Nan, she always remembers." Joey is 3. :hug:

I finished my summer course. Now I'm study-free until mid-August! Going for a swim in a while.

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:16 AM
Hope your knee feels better soon.  Enjoy your swim.

Your Maci is a cutie!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:19 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:16 PM
A Maci countdown!  how exciting:hug::hug:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:16 PM
:laugh::laugh: Nan knows all!~
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:38 PM
Hope your knee is better soon! Aren't grandkids great??!! Oh-and MAINE-that's great too!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:12 AM
Deb

Oh I can just feel the JOY in your post!

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:19 AM
Good morning!

I woke up early and pulled on my workout clothes and headed out the door.  5.25 PW miles done!  I too had a pretty decent morning weather wise. 

Nothing much planned for today.  This evening I am helping feed the sisters but should be fairly easy.  They are having pizza and salad.  Did I tell you it is a silent retreat and we the helpers can't talk either.  A conference room has been set aside where we can take a break and talk.  Should be interesting.  But I will only be there for about 3 hours. Let's see how well my helper and I communicate.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:17 PM
can't wait to hear how you do being silent.  (does that make sense?:laugh:)
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 1:27 PM
I am going to feel like a little old church lady by the end of the week.  Wednesday is my Alpha class, on Friday I go to daily Mass and adoration and on Saturday I have an all day Holy Spirit retreat! 

I will keep all of you in my prayers.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:17 PM
:cool: I bet it will be hard not to talk for 3 hours!! I don't know if I could make it
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure if you asked my family they would tell you I couldn't POSSIBLY go 3 hours without talking!:roll:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:21 AM
This is the first ever video daily.   I just got back and I'm all sweaty.   King Buddy the cat is helping with cool down and the post.    15 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=RQJZawEZEgI

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-10 8:35 AM
I get "No videos were found."
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:38 AM
Should be working.  It's already gone viral.  Trump put a CNN logo on Buddy and calls it "CNN licking their wounds".
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:29 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:48 PM
clearly "fake" news...no video found.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 11:00 AM
Happy B-Day to your granddaughter
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 11:05 AM
Hello All. I had an interesting weekend.
Nice day fishing yesterday but started getting chest pains (sternum and ribs) in the afternoon. They got worse throughout the night. So Sam took me to he ER at the Hospital in Annapolis. The did an EKG, Chest xrays and blood work. All was normal. They think the pain is from damaged or inflamed cartilage and/or muscles. Said my heart was fine. So I am back home and taking Advil for the pain. My oldest, Alex, works the night shift in the ER at that hospital (social worker) we just missed seeing her. WHich might off freaked her out if we walked in :wink:

Gonna run a few miles later tonight to keep my streak going : pbbt:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:31 AM
You better take it easy!  Hope it is nothing serious.

Can you just walk to keep your streak going?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 12:05 PM
Thinking I'm ok. Surprised I actually had a heart for them to check out : pbbt:

nah, gotta be a 2 mile run minimum to count. My fault for making the rules when I started.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:37 AM
Good news on the heart.   How was the fishing?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 12:14 PM
Fishing was great. Got our limit of Rockfish by 11am. All the fish were in the 25-30 inch range. Eating some tonight. Plus local corn we picked up...much better than that Illinois corn :wink:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:15 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:12 PM
thank goodness you are okay. scary.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 12:15 PM
I read that as "thank goodness you are scary"
and it made me happy:laugh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:49 PM
well like duh

isn't that why I exist?
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:42 PM
Take care of yourself! It's probably a good thing you didn't run into Alex at the ER. It probably WOULD have freaked her out a little bit!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:59 AM
Hi, Y'all! I thought that today-the last day of my radiation treatments, would be a good day to check in with my old friends! How exciting to read that Deb is running just over 3 miles?!! Deb, I hear you on the depression thing. I was too stubborn for awhile to acknowledge mine.

I just signed up to do a run/walk on October 7th, but I'm pretty sure there will be very little running involved in this one! That's okay though, it's a breast cancer run that was started by someone from my cancer center and I realized after I signed up that the week of October 7th will be one year since I was diagnosed! Anyway, hoping to be posting about some walking and running in the coming days and months!

Did I mention that today was the last of my 33 radiation treatments??????!!!!!:happy::happy::happy:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:15 PM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:42 PM
Why-THANK YOU!!:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:16 PM
Congratulations on getting those done.  33 though :shocker!:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:44 PM
Thanks, Dave! Actually, the time went by pretty quickly until they made me take a week off because of burns and blisters. That week seemed to take forever because I wanted to stay on schedule and get it OVER with!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:18 PM
WooHoo.   Tho that seems a little inadequate for what you've been thru.   Congrats Pam!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:44 PM
WooHoo is great!!:hug::hug:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 12:19 PM
Awesome on the end of your rad treatments! thanks for checking in :hug::hug::hug:
I know that's not as many :hug::hug::hug: as Karen gave you. But mine are better : pbbt:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:51 PM
:roll:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:59 PM
Yours are pretty awesome!:grin::hug:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 1:07 PM
Karen and I are running a race together in October. You could join us and we could have a "Hug Off" to see who is the best
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 1:51 PM
Yeah, I could join in with hugs, but no way could I RUN with you two! Y'all could come down and do the breast cancer run with me-Ray has to wear a tutu if I reach my goal with team members and $$!!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 2:05 PM
Don't know WHY, but I feel you might enjoy this exchange between Ray and me on our way home from rads this morning?! First of all-I heard someone in the waiting room say that sometimes a couple splits up after dealing with the wife having breast cancer and I asked Ray-"You aren't going to leave me now that I'm done with treatments are you?" He say's, "Of course not and anyway, we still have some stuff to get through (reconstruction)....." Me: So, you are gonna leave me after I get my new boobs?? Ray: Oh HELL no!!??! :roll::laugh:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-10 7:10 PM
:laugh::laugh: especially if you let him help pick them out :laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-10 1:24 PM
Pam
So glad to hear today was the last day of radiation treatments!  :hug::hug::happy::happy:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 1:51 PM
Thank you!! I'm pretty happy!!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-10 4:16 PM
:hug: and :cool: x 33!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:15 PM
what a sweet neighbor!  glad you have each other close by.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:21 PM
posting twice to keep the count up.:wink:

Kitty love this morning.  A young girl is there most days of the week petting and brushing kitties - socializing them for adoption.  She joined our old-biddy coffee clatch today.  Kind of fun to have a young person's perspective on our chatter.

I did 40 minutes of arms and abs and Misha has had 2 walks.  All that's left is supper and another Misha walk.  ok, some housecleaning.......:roll:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:52 PM
inline with keep the counts up...I am not doing yoga. My back hurts today. Keeping a low profile. Watching TLC, which is sucking up brain cells while we wait....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 2:11 PM
I don't watch much TV but when I want some entertainment TLC always comes through.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-10 2:42 PM
Sadly I have watched WAY too much TV over the past few months! Luckily Ray and I found a lot of British shows we liked and have been watching a lot of those at night. I love to read but with the old "chemo brain" going on I wasn't able to read much....Actually, I kept re-reading because I couldn't remember what I had just read and it started to scare me a bit! That seems to be getting a bit better now and I've actually started looking into finding something I might like to read!
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 3:16 PM
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 3:49 PM
ooh ooh ooh!

I could put it down but I kept thinking about it for weeks after i finished it.  I liked every bit of it except the pace at the 1/2 way point.

try "Glory Over Everything; beyond the kitchen house" by Kathleen Grissom.    Or maybe "After Image" by Jay Brandon.   Those are the last 2 I read.  I liked After Image better but I've got you pegged for the Glory book.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-10 4:07 PM Edited 2017-07-10 4:09 PM
I've already read Glory over Everything. :laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-10 4:40 PM
: pbbt:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:47 AM
I will be checking these out!:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 10th of July