Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday's meandering NRR
- - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:01 AM
Thoughts? Stories?
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:35 AM
I hate moving.   People who don't arrange for regular maintenance on their houses are annoying.  People who don't clean up after spilling things like syrup or cake frosting and instead let it fester in their cabinetry are just gross.

The new neighborhood is really social, though.  Looking forward to moving in, once the construction/destruction/maintenance are under control.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-10 9:53 AM
Oh, there is nothing like completely emptying a house to notice where all the maintenance "fails" have occurred. Ick.

I am glad the neighborhood seems good, though! I am wishing you lots of happiness in the new place.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:02 AM
We knew most of the maintenance after the inspection, but the lack of cleaning things is icky.   There was  1/2 cup of salt (I hope ) spilled in one drawer.  Who doesn't bother cleaning up that?   Surprisingly, the dishwasher is cleaner than any I have ever seen - almost as if it were brand new (it isn't) and unused (maybe, but why) :wtf:.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:04 AM
I can understand some spills behind appliances that are heavy or awkward to move. I mean, most people don't swab behind the washing machine until they replace the machine. And let's not talk about stoves. But a half cup of salt loose in a drawer? :wtf: That sounds accessible enough that a reasonable person would clean it out.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-07-10 10:23 AM
at least it was salt, and not sugar, attracting ants & such.    I didn't see any deer browsing the cabinetry, so I think the wildlife infiltration due to the spill was avoided.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:25 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-11 11:19 AM
House not infested with porcupines? I have heard they will go after fan belts and such in vehicles for the salt.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:44 AM
Basic cleaning seems to be a lost art.  I swear my kids cannot see dirty dishes or trash laying on the floor.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:08 AM
Spent the last 8'ish days on the road.  DS1's team played in a week long tournament in Cooperstown, NY.  They did awesome - placed 9th out of 49 teams.  Super proud of them - they never gave up, left every ounce of effort on the field, even when a game started at 10:30pm, ended around 12:30am, and they had to play again at 9am.  DS1 hit his very first homerun of his life.  And he caught a perfect game thrown by his best buddy.  The team peaked at exactly the right time.  In the end, the team that knocked us out won the entire tournament, so I don't feel so bad.  We spent a day in Niagara, viewing the falls and going in to Canada.  We're home now, and exhausted.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-11 11:20 AM
Congratulations to DS1 and his team!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-10 11:59 AM
OHHHHHH....high altitude baking FAIL. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Making a really decadent chocolate cake for T-bone' birthday today, and apparently I didn't reduce the amount of leavening enough. Wowwwwww. Cake spilling all over the over and baking racks. Holy poofy batter, Batman!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG. Such a mess. The cakes are actually cooked and tasty, and totally usable, but there was so much that rose and spilled. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-10 12:07 PM
it's a "volcano" cake!  :laugh:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-10 12:00 PM
Just finished interviewing for a job in Toronto :shocker!: I wasn't even that bothered beforehand, but I feel I connected with the guy I spoke with (who would be the manager) - the fact that he's a Brit I'm sure has nothing to do with that : pbbt: - and the job does sound interesting and challenging. But I'm sure they have a lot of other people to interview so I'm not getting my hopes up
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2017-07-10 2:07 PM
Wow, would this be a job that is based in Toronto? And now you change your tag line?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-10 3:01 PM
Yes. But given how uninterested I was beforehand I didn't do much preparation for the interview. So sod's law now says that I think it would be interesting...and I won't get it. It would be a huge move/decision for me after an entire career with one employer. So we'll see - I'm not totally invested either way. The grass looks a little greener over there, but...
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday's meandering NRR