Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Murky Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-11 5:35 AM
Very cloudy, rainy.
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-11 5:36 AM
Monday I dashed down to the park quickly since we had storms approaching. There was enough time for me to get in 45 minutes plus stretches. It wasn’t storming yet, just raining.
Lots of time spent formulating a good home yoga practice sequence. :happy:
Today I have dentist, teeth cleaning, then hopefully a run in the park.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:42 AM
I need to add some cross training in. Enjoy your run!
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-11 11:10 AM
enjoy the park run!
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-11 7:25 AM
Personal training last night, which went pretty well given my back issues - once again proving that being active helps. Then a long soak in the hot tub meant I had a good night's sleep and the pain is only just beginning to return now. HOpefully the standing/sitting desk will help me be more active spine-wise during the day. Should run 3 miles tonight although it's a nasty rainy day so we'll see if that happens
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-11 9:06 AM
Good work on the personal training. :happy: You know, I always have a soak in a warm bath right after my run. It might be helping my aging pains more than I realized. Hmmm....
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:42 AM
I'm glad your back from felt better.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-11 8:23 AM
I'm in the Hood Canal area of WA for work (I came here last summer too). Our retreat center's beach is closed due to a collapse of the stairs. So they told me to go to the local swank hotel's beach to swim.  Last night I got 6 of the 7 other gals to go with me to the swank hotel (where we drank and made s'mores in the outdoor fire pit) so I could swim.  We found a perfect place for them to sit and watch the sunset over the water while I swam for half an hour. The water was warm and not all that salty (compared to where I usually swim). It was fabulous.  When I got back to the beach, my gang and others said they had watched a seal follow me all the way back (did an out and back swim). The seal was RIGHT behind me, and I didn't even see it. :shocker!: One woman took video (which I hope she'll send me-- I gave her my card) and I could see my head, and the seal's head just feet apart. :hug: I did see him (her?) when I was done with the swim, because when I stood up, folks told me he was there, and I talked to him for a while. I was even able to duck under water and see him swim. :hug::hug: SO much fun. It makes me so glad I'm an open water swimmer!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-11 8:56 AM
Wow, what an amazing story!  How wonderful!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-11 9:10 AM
Sounds like you have a new friend in the seal. Do they email? :laugh: That is really cool. In a way, you can be a friend for a few minutes with a seal.
I'm glad your swimming is going so well.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:38 AM
What an amazing experience!
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-11 11:11 AM
:shocker!: that sounds amazing! :cool:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-11 12:54 PM
Wow, that's really cool! :cool:
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-07-11 3:43 PM
:cool::cool:  So cool!
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-11 9:22 AM
Just couldn't figure it out this morning.  :laugh:

Taking what y'all said to heart (and waking up creaking) I decided to not run this morning.

I turned on the youtube and tried to find a yoga video, but got bored quickly.

So I searched for Jillian Michaels and started that, but then it involved making too much noise (we are on the second floor)

So got dressed and went outside to the playground near our apartment.   They have low playground equipment so I did some box jumps.  This is completely new for me - I've always been terrified of tripping.   I'm a klutz, to put it mildly. :blush:

Did a couple pull-up attempts, and called it a day. :wink:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-11 9:26 AM
Using the playground equipment is a brilliant idea. :happy:  Box jumps get easier or at least less scary with time.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:41 AM
I'm impressed! I would be tripping over the equipment.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:39 AM
Rest day for me. I did not get enough sleep and might take a nap. The benefits of a light schedule. Tomorrow I will run again and my ankle feels so much better.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-11 12:28 PM
Today I dumped kid #2 at afternoon camp and headed to the trail for a run. I was supposed to warm up doing 15 at zone 2. Then run out for 10min (pace should be tempo-like-HR Z3 on way out) and back in less than 10min. Cool-down for 10min. Honest to god, this effing HR training is KILLING ME. I am not a cryer. I hate it. Loathe it, it's not me and I was this close to crying on the run today. I turned back to do the second 10 minutes and it FELT like I was running harder and faster with a longer stride and everything and every time I looked at my watch my HR was sky high and my pace was EXACTLY the same or SLOWER than the out part :mutmad: Then the cool down was so slow and at one point I stopped to walk out of frustration and the difference in pace? 30 seconds :meh: What is the freaking point? Now granted it's in the 80's here and Very humid but still. I'd like to be able to at least follow the freaking instructions. Sorry about the whining but I feel like i've been doing this for a long time and have absolutely nothing to show for it except much much much slower speeds.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-07-11 4:22 PM
As I started reading this, I was like...wait....afternoon....sounds like a tough workout...I think speed work on a hot/humid day is bound to be a sufferfest!
Sorry you got so upset today. :( Good job for getting out there and doing it, even if it didn't turn out the way it was supposed to.
- - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-11 9:25 AM
Hi friends!  I skipped run group last night because it was raining- so not a fan of that.  Ran 3 nice miles on my own a little later and felt good.  I think I need a new goal, so am searching for a 10k or 1/2.  Hot, humid and gross here.  Also I miss PC. :hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-11 9:36 AM
Great work on getting out on your own and avoiding the rain.  Having a goal race is good.  Anything particular in mind?
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-07-11 10:40 AM
I miss PC too. I'm interested to hear what race you pick.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-11 11:18 AM
No run this morning, I arrived home late last night. Yesterday was mostly travel.

Very quick recap: DNF Beaverhead on Saturday. I left the aid station at 22.8, got about a mile further, was too scared of falling from a great height to go on and backtracked to the aid station. The fact that I already had Idaho and I did not have Montana also played a part in my decision. So rode down with the aid station folks, having had a good, scenic, and extremely strenuous day on the Continental Divide trail. No regrets.
Missoula on Sunday, on 2 hours sleep, no meals on Saturday (watermelon at the aid station is not a meal), and in heat that got up to around 90. Almost flat road race, would have been enjoyable on a cooler day and better rested and fueled. I came in 8 minutes before the 6:30 cutoff which was rigorously enforced. But finished is finished!
Parent - By runnertype [us] Date 2017-07-11 1:53 PM
Nice job. Hope you'll write a race report for both; I'd be very interested in hearing about Beaverhead. Just reading about some of the other ladies made me :shocker!::cool:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Murky Tuesday dailies