Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Top Dog Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:09 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:20 AM
--The Animal Shelter contacted me yesterday. Evidently, Sarge was adopted the weekend before last. New owners had him for a week and brought him back to the shelter yesterday. He “had a little more energy” than they were expecting. :roll: So, just as I was accepting that I wasn’t going to get him and getting excited about getting his brother, we’re back to the original plan. I’d like to talk Iowa in to just taking them both. :wink:

--OK, help me translate this. A family friend passed away the other day. She and her husband had three daughters, all of whom were acknowledged in the obituary. Then it goes on to mention her “bonus” children and grandchildren. I’m not sure what this all means but I know her husband had a long term affair with the mother of one of the children mentioned. Is it correct to assume these “bonus” kids and grandkids are the offspring of her husband’s affairs? I thought that was weird.

--Nothing like the air compressor kicking on in the middle of the night in the barn. :laugh: Scared the crap out of me. Need to make sure that is unplugged before going to bed. :roll:

--Ordered all my stuff from Amazon. It’s going to be like Christmas when it comes. :grin: I LOVE kitchen accessories. : pbbt:

--Haven’t seen Bear cat since we’ve been out here. Angel hides in the hay bales or one of the tractors out back and comes out to eat. I hope he is okay. He sat on my lap outside for a long time when we first got out here.

--We got a couple of traps for the coons. Going to set them tonight. They haven’t been getting into the corn with the stronger electric fence but we might as well eliminate the problem before it starts up again. :evil:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:25 AM
Go get that dog TODAY! :grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:33 AM
I can’t today. I am working from 8:30-4:30. Shelter closes at 5:00. I might be able to go Thursday.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:29 AM
Stop what you are doing and go get those dogs!:mischief::wink:

Maybe the bonus are the 'family' friends kids like I'm aunt to my BFFs kids. Anything else and that isn't just weird, it is WRONG:mutmad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:32 AM
Next time I see my mom I will ask her. She’ll know. All of us kids were younger when this occurred so his extramarital activities were always kept pretty hush hush.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 6:39 AM
Did you tell the Shelter you wanted him? Like can you put down a deposit or something but pick him up this weekend?

I would think bonus kids are related to the affair(s)
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:45 AM
Yay for Sarge being available after all!  :grin:  I say call the shelter and tell them you will be picking him up Thursday.  And work on Iowa until then about his brother.  :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:26 AM
So freaking sore. I am sleeping so hard these days.

Boss is back in the office and feeling better. Still no confirmation of anything:roll: but he is better. :happy:

Ripley won the coaches award yesterday at soccer camp for leadership and integrity.:hug:

I need to rebalance my bills between my two pay periods. I'll be broke again for the next week and a half and then look to be rolling in dough at that paycheck....:roll: - Just went and did that. Looks much better for the next month after doing that. :grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:34 AM
Congrats to Ripley. That’s awesome. :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 6:40 AM
Sore isn't good, but sleeping well is!

Congrats Ripley!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:45 AM
Congrats Ripley!  :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:37 AM
~So tired

~Today's Heat Index will be 106. Back to the friggin gym I guess

~Dinner with one of our XC kids who graduated in May. He goes off to run at college next month.

~Thursday our local college baseball league team is holding Catholic Education Night. They will honor our Track Team for 4th in State and also our Golf and Academic teams. They are not, however, advertising the fact that it is Catholic Education night. They are doing some church night on Wed (with free drinks for all the ladies :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:) and something friday and something Sat. God forbid they tell everybody the Catholics will be there.

~Suzi wants to go to Schlitterbahn Sunday. I'm so goddamn fat I"m dreading it :cry::mutmad:

~Happy Prime Day Day. All I saw was deals on their shit--Echo, Fire, etc. (but I didn't look very hard)
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 6:40 AM
Wow! 106:shocker!:

Unless amazon prime is seriously discounting iPhones i'm out. Got no dinero.:roll: I haven't even looked at the sales. It is just to get people to sign up.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 6:41 AM
So they're advertising church night but not Catholic night? Maybe then they don't want to have protestant night, LDS night, muslim night?

106 ugh
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 7:03 AM
Nah....they just know if the Catholics are there all the protestants will stay away: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:47 AM
:cry: on the heat.  We've definitely got way more humidity than heat going on right now.  The heat comes tomorrow.  :roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 6:45 AM
Got a good deal on some diapers last night when the Prime deals started. It is a subscribe and save thing so have to cancel after the first shipment so it doesn't keep shipping them every month

No other deals so far, saw a couple but the prices weren't very good

Iced coffee to start the day

A client just said something to the effect of "is congrats in order I see your new last name".  Uhhhhh it's been that way for 2+ years :laugh::laugh:

Raining right now. There was an awesome rainbow driving in, before the rain picked up, you could see the whole arc it was really cool. And there was a slight double rainbow too

Slept like crap last night, kept waking up with a sore throat, then rain, then M taking up the whole bed, then finally B coughing.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:49 AM
That's awesome on the diapers deal.  :cool:

I bought a Nylabone.  :laugh:  And it wasn't that great of a deal, but Ellie does go through them pretty regularly.  That's about the only toy that it takes her a little while to destroy.  She chews them into little shanks that we then have to take away from her when they become choking hazards.  :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 6:52 AM
:laugh::laugh: probably a good purchase then since she goes through them!  Did you guys get any bad weather yesterday? I know between us there were some tornadoes but I didn't know if it started up by you first
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:59 AM
We didn't.  It was all just south of us.  We saw a bunch of lightning last night but that was it.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 7:04 AM
new last name :shocker!::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope you get better sleep tonight:hug: Does B have allergies?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 7:46 AM
B just has a permanent day care cold :laugh::cry:  I did ask the pediatrician about allergies but he said that babies don't usually have them this young
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-11 9:10 AM
Every cold means he is getting healthier....does that help?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 9:18 AM
The colds actually don't bother me anymore, it is annoying but I'm so used to it by this point and he is too that it doesn't matter anymore
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 6:58 AM
*It's fair week here.  And there are storms possible every day.  :roll:  Joseph spent a chunk of yesterday doing jobs for me to earn money for the fair.  :laugh:  I think he and his gf are going today.

*I'm underwhelmed by Prime day so far. 

*Marie has worked so many 12-15 hour days in a row, including 2 consecutive 8 a.m to 1 a.m days.  :cry:  She has to be exhausted.  Finally today she has a normal just one job, just one shift, day.  But to get it she did finally have to decline additional hours.  :roll: 

*I was so excited not to have to set my 5:30 alarm this morning.  The dog alarm went off at 6:30 though.  But still, not 5:30.  :grin:

*We are in a dinner rut.  I try not to use the oven at all when the AC is on and I'm getting tired of the same handful of dinner options. 

*My dog needs to get outside and expel some energy but I really don't feel like playing or taking a walk in the muggy bugginess.  There is no air moving out there this morning.  It's so gross out.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 7:48 AM
aside from my awesome diaper deal I agree this year's deals are just as lackluster as previous years.

Also in the dinner rut here, although we do use the oven. What do you make with out? Stuff on the stove top and crock pot?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 9:19 AM
Yes, mostly stovetop. I'm not disciplined enough to get the crock pot going too many mornings.  Plus after awhile all the crock pot stuff starts tasting the same to me, and it's heavy for summer.

I just hate the idea of paying to heat up the stove and then paying even more to cool the house back down afterwards.  :blush:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-11 1:07 PM
M left one of his car windows cracked this morning at work - we got tons of rain today :shocker!::shocker!: Like streets are flooded in some places, hate to think what happened to his new car
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-07-11 1:41 PM
:cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Top Dog Tuesday RTTs