Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Dark Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-12 5:27 AM
Really dark and cloudy-rainy out there.
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-12 5:28 AM
Tuesday was USDO. After cleaning, my mouth and gums needed a rest. They were much better by evening. I’ve noticed that Tylenol works much better if I have eaten. I had some time  to work on my yoga plan. My inside garden spot is a great place to place my mat. It seems peaceful there. :happy:
Today I hope to have a good outside run even though it’s raining. We will see. I can always go to the gym if need be.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-07-12 6:36 AM
Sunny and humid here, but that's nothing new. :roll:  I ran 4.5 yesterday and 5.4 today.  Slow both times, but today felt slightly less awful than yesterday.  I was trying to remember if I was this slow last summer, but I looked back at my log and remembered that A was in the hospital the entire first half of July last year so I wasn't running much at all.  So, no way to compare my pace this year to last year, but at least this year I'm actually running, right?
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-12 7:36 AM
Exactly the same weather here. Ick.

USDO last night - it was always going to be tight time-wise and then a meeting ran over and it was seriously windy with rain/lightning forecast so I bailed
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-12 10:55 AM Edited 2017-07-12 10:57 AM
Yesterday did an hour of Reformer Pilates in the morning and then after supper ran for 18 minutes (6 sets of run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute).  My legs felt tired during the run - I've been working them pretty hard lately in preparation for next week's hiking - but oh, it feels so good to be running again.  I was in such a good mood after I got home.  :happy::happy::happy:  Today planning for an hour on the stairclimber and some weights.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-12 1:24 PM
Cool and overcast here. I am so torn between running outside today or going to the gym and running inside. If I go indoors, the conditions are much more controlled (TM vs trail) and I have the opportunity to more easily do my other knee PT. I *think* indoors is the right decision for today, but oh, my heart says to go outside.

Woke last night thinking of Lewis and Aretha, the two cats left at XH's house, and wondering how badly they will be neglected once Ratbag heads off to college. T-bone and I both think we should bring them here to Colorado.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-12 5:51 PM
Made it to the gym and got in battle rope intervals, three rounds of 20 box jumps (8" jumps...not a huge height, but it's really, really challenging me currently), resistance band exercises, 15 min of biking at resistance (level 6 out of a possible 25), and then started on what I intended to be 75 min on the TM, with 20 min of running in intervals of 5 min each, and then 20 min on the bike for cool-down.

Got 55 min on the TM, with my 20 min running in the bag, when an apocalyptic-looking storm front boiled over the Front Range and was forecast to hit both the YMCA and the house a bit west with torrential rain and damaging hail. So I hauled butt off the TM and got home before it hit. I didn't quite get the full workout I wanted, but it was enough. No hail resulted, but I feel I made a good call to come home.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-12 10:15 PM
Yes, get the cats. Lewis is a mature gent now, isn't he? How old is Aretha?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-13 10:55 AM
Let's see. I got Lewis in 2007, so he has just turned 10. And so Aretha is 11.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-13 2:52 PM
Yeah. If you can, bring them out so you know they're being taken care of. This is the time of life when they may start to need more vet care, and from the sound of it your phallocephalic asshat XDH won't bother.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-12 2:04 PM
Still at the retreat center on the hood canal. They have a huge yoga studio that i had all to myself last night, with huge windows facing the water and the sunset.  I wanted to do a yoga video, but the wifi wasn't reliable enough, so I just did my own thing for about 40 minutes.  Today, hopefully, another swim.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-07-12 6:36 PM
went back to swim in the same place as two days ago, but no seal friend.  Still a good swim!  Took a photo of Bill Gates's house from the water!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-12 6:37 PM
I read about the seal! How cool! I think you had a selkie admirer. :grin::cool:
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-07-12 6:53 PM
your retreat center sounds amazing - very jealous.  :cool:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-12 2:28 PM
This morning I did 1:15 on the trainer with 4x1(1') high cadence (trying for 110), and then 5x5(5') high cadence stuff but aiming for 90-100. This afternoon I hit the pool for 3200 yards. Both strong efforts.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-12 5:47 PM
:cool:

Respect! Nice double today!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Dark Wednesday dailies