Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Disneyland tips?
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-12 7:03 PM
We just booked a trip to CA to visit M's dad and stepmom. They live close to Disneyland so I want to go one day because I've never been. Any tips? It would be a week day late August. I wanted to go late Sept but we couldn't get days to work for the trip. Baby will be on the trip but not to Disney

I've been to Disney World several times and I've heard this is smaller but that's all I really know.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-12 10:17 PM
I can ask my sister and SIL, they go more than I do.

Whereabouts near Disneyland? My SIL (DH's middle sister) lives in the city of Orange.

DL is similar to Magic Kingdom at WDW. California Adventure is different.

Do you prefer fast rides or gentle ones?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-13 7:21 AM
Fullerton.

I am more of a gentle ride person although I've done them all at Disney World. I've heard it is smaller so I hope one day is enough
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-07-13 10:04 AM
We did DL 2 years ago and spent one day in each park which was plenty of time. Much smaller than DW. There was only 1 or 2 rides I'd say were not easier rides.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-13 11:57 AM
Which park did you prefer? Are they both Disney-feeling, like with the characters and stuff?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-07-14 8:36 AM
One seemed more Disney (Disney Land) very much like Magic Kingdom but smaller and one (California Adventure) more adult friendly I thought. I like California Adventure better, still had lots of characters and Disney stuff but seemed less crazy.
Parent - - By Gunna Date 2017-07-14 3:28 AM
My nephew was just there with his family. One thing they talked about is an app where you can check up on the lines, i.e. how long they are at each ride and that of course helps people make the most of their time.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 6:54 AM
thanks!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:47 AM
The LA Times just did a big article on Disney and the wait times and when is best to go. If you PM me your address I can put it in the mail, it has a lot of graphics and I think the Times is behind a firewall for nonsubscribers anyway.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 11:18 AM
oh awesome, thanks! Sending Message.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Disneyland tips?