Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Stormy Thursdailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-13 5:38 AM
Really stormy out there.
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-07-13 5:39 AM
Wednesday by the time I got done with various things it was really too humid for outside. I opted for a cardio 30 minute dvd for cardio. More work on yoga plan as well.
Today is supposed to be stormy the whole time. Pouring right now. I may need the gym for a later run. I'm starting with yoga and weights this morning. We'll see how the new yoga plan works. :::going to get my mat:::  :happy:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 5:58 AM
Do you enjoy yoga?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-13 8:31 AM
Yes, but I am picky about what teacher I select. I have to really TRUST the teacher and I only have trusted 3 of about 6 so far. one of those moved away. :sad: One guy (who has a huge following of giggly women) moved my hips during a down dog and that was a red flag for me. :::gag::: But the good ones are excellent. I have my own regimen I plan to do every morning possible.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-13 9:28 AM
I'm interested in this yoga plan you're putting together - I can follow a video or instructor but left to my own devices I'm hopeless!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 11:02 AM
Same here - instant boredom.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 8:43 PM
I'm not much of a yogaer either, but I kind of understand the appeal.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 9:29 PM
I can enjoy a yoga class with a real live instructor at the front of the room, but trying to follow on a video... nope.  Done.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 6:22 AM
So so busy. As I mentioned, things keep breaking. We got a new microwave (yeah!) but since then my phone started acting up, the brakes on my car needed to be replaced, and the adapter died that allows me to use my larger monitor with my laptop. All this while DDs car is still tied up at the body shop. It's just been a string of little things. I'm sure it's just a timing thing but so wierd and more than a little stressful.

I ran 3.5 in the heat last night but I went to the wrong spot and had to run by myself. That's what I get for not paying attention. At least I had water. It was 95.:shocker!:

I ran into URP the other day. I didn't really give it much thought. She's in the throes of planning her wedding to BURP and he was with her. We chatted pleasantly and I went into the house where I was going to a party. (She lives near the person throwing the party) She has texted me several times since asking if she can send me an invitation to the wedding, we can get together for dinner etc. it feels very weird especially since I had accepted the fact we really weren't friends anymore. After politely sidestepping any type of commitment to this, I finally agreed to meet her for dinner after my weight class Monday. DD and I are sharing a car and we do the weights together so we'll have to figure this out. Not sure how I feel about it. It's nice not to be desperate for any crumbs of friendship people will throw my way though.:happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-13 8:38 AM
Great running work in the heat! :grin::cool: Friendship needs are different for each person. It sometimes takes a meeting for people to express their needs friendship wise.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-13 9:29 AM
Hopefully your run of broken stuff will be over for the year very shortly - what a pain! :meh:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 11:02 AM
Running in 95-degree heat sounds painful - good for you for gutting it out.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-13 7:36 AM
After 2 days of icky weather we're back to sun again today - which is great during the day but not quite so nice come run club time :roll:

Last night was a steady 5k then personal training which went well although it was obvious how much more fatigued I am doing strength training after a run. But all good.

Hill training starts tonight - not sure I'm going to continue doing it with the group though. They are going to use a very steep grass hill and I'm really nervous of jarring my back if I slip on a grassy hill. Tonight we'll probably use the overpass instead as it's so wet, so I'll try it once when I get back from the dig but already coming up with plans to run the hill close to the office on a Tuesday instead & just meet the group and run flat in the neighbourhood while they do hills...it's not like I actually run with anyone else anyway due to pace so this will work.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 8:31 AM
I do my hill training on a 400 meter stretch of pavement near the track. Not sure what the advantage of running on a grass hill unless you are planning to go out for cross country.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-13 9:16 AM
Exactly! I don't understand it either except that Winnipeg doesn't exactly have a surfeit of hills :roll: so the options close to the store are this or the concrete sidewalk of an overpass - I get that the grass is softer on joints but for me that's less of an issue than jeopardising my back. There's another man-made hill 0.5 miles from my office that's asphalt which a lot of the run clinics use, but it's 30+ mins from the store so this group has decided not to use it - that's the one I'll probably use on another night & avoid the grass altogether
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-13 8:41 AM
Great work on your run and workout! :grin:You are doing well. :hug:
My Evil Hill and alternative hills are asphalt, but I have to be really careful when I go down not to slip.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 8:49 AM
Was planning an hour on the stairclimber yesterday but bailed as I was feeling super-tired.  Went home and slept for ten hours instead, and got up an hour earlier than usual thinking I would hit the gym before work and do my stairclimber workout then instead.  After ten minutes on the stairclimber, I bailed - feeling dizzy and generally unpleasant.  Putting the dizzy head, dry mouth and general fatigue together, and the fact that I've been feeling a bit "off" for a few weeks now, I am self-diagnosing that I need to start my B12/iron supplementation again, as, in the past when I have had these symptoms, that supplementation has helped.  I was in the habit for a long time of taking the supplements on a regular basis but had let that lapse in the last few months.  Hopefully I rebound before we start our big hike in eight days!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 10:35 AM
B12 is the only supplement I take. I'm generally skeptical of that kind of thing but that one works. Good to see you!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 10:57 AM
Thanks!  Years ago a friend of mine told me for months I should consider B12 and I was dismissive, and then I finally tried it (after Gazelle posted something about B12 being a good thing) and noticed a difference really quickly.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-13 11:06 AM
It does make a difference, I find.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-13 9:21 AM
I just effed up my back bad. Like I think it might be as bad as last summer when I got kicked in IMLP :mutmad::mutmad::cry::cry: The plan today was mow the lawn, run 30 minutes and ride for 1:30. Both training things were not hard efforts and were going to be done inside due to weather, dew point, humidity etc. I wanted to mow the lawn in the AM because a) cooler and the yard is more shaded in the AM. SO out mowing the lawn and the mower got kinda stuck on a landscape bed. I pulled to get it out and instant pain. It wasn't even the first time it'd had been stuck that way. I finished the lawn because it needed to be done but it took twice as long. Came in took 800 mg of ibuprofen and iced it for a bit (15 minutes). I can't stand upright and it looks like my back is swollen. I think I'm screwed. I have an appointment with my chiro at 7:40 tomorrow mornign but they are fitting me in today at 4 also. I am so pissed at myself and will be even more if it screws up my training and racing schedule.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-07-13 9:31 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: you know I feel your pain

If ice doesn't help, try heat. Ice just pisses my back off despite there being some inflammation, whereas 15 mins in the hot tub is miraculous
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-13 9:36 AM
I do know you know! IT SUCKS BIG HAIRY DONKEY BALLS! I'd probably broil up if I got into my hot tub right now given how freaking hot it is. My MIl did give me back my heating pad finally so I can dig that out. I'll try icing again first.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 10:59 AM
Swollen!  Yikes!  :shocker!:  I hope the chiro can fix you soon.

ETA:  Last year when I broke my rib and had all the associated soft tissue damage, people kept telling me to ice, but I actually found hot baths seemed to do more to help.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-13 11:03 AM
:shocker!::cry:

Ugh. So much empathy. I hope your chiro can help, and that it is just a minor tweak. Fingers crossed.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-13 11:05 AM
Thinking this should be a day off today. I had a pretty good workout yesterday and my leg muscles need time to recover. If I do anything today, it will be a walk.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 8:46 PM
Sounds smart.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-13 10:44 AM
I managed to get up and run this morning! 3.2. Slow and gimpy and my right IT band is grumbling but I did make it out there.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-13 10:58 AM
Your new tagline is so appropriate for you!  :laugh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-07-13 8:45 PM
I haven't seen you post about it band issues. Is that a recent development?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:41 AM
It hasn't happened before; I think it was the footing (or lack of) on Saturday that caused a bit of grumbling. Seems to be better now.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Stormy Thursdailies