Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- - By IB [us] Date 2017-07-13 10:36 AM
If you're racing this weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
Parent - - By jennyO Date 2017-07-13 12:35 PM
Yay, I get to play!

Race name / distance:  Tahoe Rim Trail 50-Mile Endurance Run / 50 miles

Date:  Saturday, July 15

Goals:  Finish without hurting myself, hopefully around 13 hours.  Have a solid training run for Wasatch 100.

I've heard a lot of the snow has melted off the course (finally!), so my anxiety level is down.  I won't have to fiddle with crampons, and I'm 90% sure I won't use poles.  Temps will be warm, but that'll be good training since Wasatch gets very hot during the day.  I'm really psyched, too, that we've got our hotel through Sunday and won't be racing home Saturday night.  Instead, we'll be getting up super early for SNF to pace a friend in the last 20 miles of the 100-mile event. :cool:  I can't wait for him to see the crazy insanely steep hill on that part of the course (the one I've been telling him about for years).
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-07-13 1:55 PM
Awesome stuff right there & very cool that you can relax after the race instead of hopping in the car for a three hour drive. Hope everything goes really well for you.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-07-13 2:15 PM
Enjoy the weekend. There's few places as beautiful as Lake Tahoe.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-07-13 4:51 PM
WooHoo, have FUN with it!:grin: Well, and the training part too. But good and fun running and enjoy the whole weekend!:cool:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2017-07-13 5:26 PM
Sounds like a great week-end. Best of luck to you!
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2017-07-14 10:43 AM
Have a great race!!!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2017-07-14 1:18 PM
Have a great time, Jenny! :hug:
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2017-07-14 2:53 PM
Woot Woot to you both !
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2017-07-16 3:16 PM
Nice job out there!  Looks like it went just as planned.  Hope we didn't save too much snow for you.
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-07-18 1:17 PM
I shouldn't have said "around 13 hours" - that was coming back to haunt me in the last 10 miles!  I kept thinking "I can't cross into 14 hours, I just can't!"  When I raced this 5 years ago, with a bit more of a taper and younger legs (and a cooler day, and no snowfields, and how many more excuses can I think of?) I finished in 12:47.  This year was 13:44.  I kept my effort level pretty mellow since this was really supposed to be a training run, and I felt good and happy all day.  But, honestly, kind of bummed that I was slower than expected.  I wonder if when you get really specifically trained for a mountain 100, you are strong and steady but slower??  That seems to describe me at the moment.  I was pretty sick after the race though (nausea, headache, unable to sleep), which is unusual for me after just a 50.  Wondering if the altitude hit me harder than I'd realized.  Or if I was borderline hyponatremic, since it was a hot day and I only took one salt pill.  (Although I haven't been taking them at all lately and haven't had any problems....)

SNF didn't end up getting to pace because our friend was sick (with the exact same complaints as me, weirdly) and had to drop.  I was kind of relieved because getting up at 4am or earlier to meet him would have been extremely rough.
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) [ca] Date 2017-07-16 1:00 PM
Race name / distance: Torchlight 5k

Date: 7/19/2017

Goals: Sub 16

This is a pretty flat course. Fast guys run. Hoping to just hang on long enough and get under 16. Then have a few beers and Chick-Fil-a sandwiches which will be free, so I feel ok taking them.
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-07-16 6:01 PM
So fast, have a great time hanging on & enjoy the post race festivities!
Parent - - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2017-07-21 2:17 PM
Well, seeing as IB had more important things to do yesterday than post a new "On your mark..." here goes...

8-hour dream

Butler U. (Indianapolis, IN)

Sat, starting at noon (the heat of the day) :mutmad:
     - 94° with a heat index of 104° is being forecasted

40 miles would be very nice...
Parent - By jennyO Date 2017-07-21 2:59 PM
:cool:
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-07-21 3:12 PM
As we were heading over to where a couple of our friends live (to head into SF together) it dawned on me that it was a Thursday. Meant to post a new one this morning.  :blush:

Hope it goes well for you in spite of the heat.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...