Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Nude Friday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:03 AM
:shocker!: Its national nude day!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:09 AM
~I've been celebrating all morning at work

~SOOOOOOOO friggin tired I can't hardly keep my eyes open.

~Monday, when you hear your local radio stations talking about the "dumb crook" who hid in the attic of the house from the police and dropped dead.....yeah it happened here

~Booster Club did a YUGE, very nice tailgate party last night. I think half the student body came up and sat with the XC kids at the game. I'm like "hey, why don't a few of you come out for the freaking team, dang"

~So far no parents have complained about our first practice being at Midnight on a Monday Morning :grin::grin::grin:

~Convinced the AD last night to let us order really nice custom medals for our XC meet at over 3 times the cost we originally planned on. He says, "spend money to make money, make it the best meet around."
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:22 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Midnight.  Wow. I understand the reasons but wow. How many will be that early?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:25 AM
This will be our only Midnight practice. Just cuz we're SO excited we wanna practice at the earliest possible second allowed

:grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:49 AM
Between the dirty and Aurora we could the national “you won’t believe this ever happened” news hopping. : pbbt: I don’t necessarily think that is a good thing. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 8:16 AM
Did he die from the heat in the attic?

Yea for the Booster Club and AD!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:21 AM
Started the refi process yesterday. Looks like I may be able to refi and get my mom off the loan and get back to my original monthly payment amount. Which would be a relief. And the bonus would be getting to skip a month's payment.

Bored at work. No one is here yet. I'm always the first one in.

I'm going to be screwed when it comes time to wake up early for school in 2.5 weeks:meh:

2.5 days until GAME OF THRONES returns!:cool::happy:

Going to Stone Mountain tomorrow to climb and see the Laser Show.:cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:30 AM
God it's Back To School Time already, isn't it??  :shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:35 AM
Yup. Almost. Really 2 weeks because we start back on 7/31.

I should probably get Tj registered for kindergarden....:blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:06 AM
Won’t you get hit for a couple grand in fees to refinance?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:29 AM
I have a discounted closing and it will be rolled in (less than 1500). It isn't ideal, but the overall savings will get me back to where in a couple years I can start paying extra on my mortgage again. Last year I paid an extra payment. And if I pay just $100 extra/month that is 5 years off my loan. But right now I can't afford anything extra.

AND getting my mom off my loan is also the 2nd main goal.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 8:17 AM
are there a lot of fees associated with the refi?

How much earlier will you have to get up when school starts?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:04 AM
No and they are discounted. But this is also big picture for me since the mortgage and child support changes. Plus getting my mom off the loan.

We currently get up at 620 and are out the door at 645 to drop kids at my parents house where they eat breakfast and they go to camp later.

When school starts I'll be up at 545 at the latest but i need to get up at 5. I need to get the kids up at 6.:roll: I'm going to try to rearrange the order of our mornings so we have more time and can do more. But i'll have to get them in bed earlier.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:04 AM
--Should be national nude day because it’s so freaking hot. :cry: I don’t think getting naked will even help.

--Need to go get the cats some Frontline today. Bear cat has seemed to have found the ticks. :cry:

--My poor phone is on its last leg. As soon as I have time I need to figure out what I want to do and get it replaced.

--CDL driver at Iowa’s company is quitting. It’s because its a shit job with shit bosses who treat you like shit and give you shit pay. Iowa is not going to drive if I have anything to say about it. They still owe him 9/10 weeks off. Unless they intend to pay him 352 hours of OVERTIME it will not happen if I have any say. I’m sensing a call to the Labor Department may be needed. :evil:

--Got the floors in the barn cleaned (as good as you’re going to get them cleaned) and then put down several area rugs. It’s coming along.

--Had to order more of the shelf liner stuff. One roll only did three drawers. :shocker!: It wasn’t cheap either. Cute, but not cheap. :laugh: I have two more rolls coming. That should finish what I have left. Most of it I had done in this clear liner stuff I have bought at IKEA quite some time ago. It’s nice too but I don’t have immediate access to an IKEA.

--Picked all the carrots from the garden at the house and then ran the lawnmower over the garden and got all the weeds and such knocked down. It pretty much just looks like part of the yard now.

--Worked on one of my long-time clients for the last time yesterday. He’s about as happy as I am to get the hell out of Aurora. :laugh: He took a beating on his house though. Practically gave it away. Someone got a heck of a deal. 3,200 square foot custom-built home (it’s unique and would take a special person), large Morton building ($250K when he built it new) and 50 acres for $300K. Even around here that is dirt cheap.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 8:19 AM
How much longer until Iowa can be done with that company :laugh:

I don't think we have shelf liner stuff here. I know I had it at my old house and a rental townhouse before that because they were "used" houses and it just seemed like what you were supposed to do
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-14 8:55 AM
The cabinets that I had liner stuff (the non adhesive kind that you can take out and wash) in at my house are in much better condition than the ones that I did not. They basically look new. I might as well keep the barn cupboards looking good. Plus, it kind of holds some things, especially in the drawers, in place.

Iowa was just talking about buying his own truck this morning. His company pays their driver $140/day to haul product. That’s terrible pay for a CDL driver, but it is the company’s truck so the employee has no expenses. Then the company turns around and contracts out with drivers to haul at a rate of pay of $200/load for local hauling (you could get 4 loads a day) or $600/load to haul to/from mid Missouri. One guy is getting in two loads per day on the longer haul route. That is some damn good money, even factoring in the expense of a truck and insurance. You can pick up an older semi for a few thousand dollars. $5-6K would get Iowa something that would suffice. Always a possibility.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-14 8:22 AM
Boss told me I should work from home today - so I am!

We are starting to close at 2pm on Fridays, although I have a Dr's appointment today at 2:30 so it doesn't really matter

M works at home on Fridays so it isn't like I just get free reign. We have a Roomba vaccumm (Samsung brand) and I asked him to run it since the app it on his phone. Of course the app isn't working and he's throwing a hissy fit about it. You can run it with a remote so how bout letting it run and instead of stopping it 3 times and trying to get the app to work :roll: Not to mention he just watches the damn thing run the whole time, I get that it gets stuck sometimes but it doesn't need you to supervise :laugh:

Snuck in a workout after daycare drop off since I was up early and therefore logged into work early. Something is better than nothing!

Can't believe it is already Friday, the days just fly by. No plans, maybe take B to the pool or something since I didn't last week.

My car has a possible engine recall and I set up an appointment for it. Apparently they test it and if it passes you essentially get a free oil change out of it (because they have to drain the oil for the test) or if it fails they put you in a loaner and you get a new engine. 2 ends of the spectrum
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-14 8:58 AM
Probably better take your car in. : pbbt:

I got another notice...email this time....about the air bag recall on my car. I still don’t know if I want to even bother. Chances are there is nothing wrong with the airbag but the recall makes them replace them all no matter what.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:16 AM
Nice Boss!

Take the car in!:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Nude Friday RTTs