Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 14th of July
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 7:10 AM
Post em Peeps. What's up today and for the weekend?

WASHINGTON — If you’re on a diet, July 14 would be a good time for a cheat day.

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts will celebrate its 80th birthday by offering a dozen Original Glazed doughnuts for just 80 cents with the purchase of any dozen at regular menu price at participating stores.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 7:18 AM
Went to Chiro this morning for my bi-monthly cracking. Mentioned my rib and chest pain. He worked on my upper back where the ribs connect. was out of alignment a bit. Hopefully that was the cause and it helps.

Running the Dawn 10k at lunch. It's gonna be a bit nasty. Already hot and humid out there. But I will persevere because of my love for all things Dawn.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:33 AM
And because of that I will share with you that it is 62 degrees in beautiful northwest Illinois this morning with almost no humidity.  And I am out the door to run the Rob 5k right now.  Ready, set, go.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 7:35 AM
:laugh::hug: we are getting some afternoon storms, and then it is supposed to be nicer tomorrow.
Have fun doing The Rob
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-14 8:35 AM
Oh I did.  I did.:evil:
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:59 AM
A good weekend coming up, lots of steps with the EBRP.

And, watch it an you'll like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFv-fqQ9D_Y
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-14 8:40 AM
Hey all!  I did the Rob 5k as opposed to the Naff 5k today.  The Rob is 3.4 miles whereas the Naff is only 3.2 

Actually it wasn't a planned route; I just ran out for a certain number of minutes that I thought would get me to 1.5 and then I turned around and came back.  Of course I had to keep detouring to avoid people so it got a little long.  The nerve of people, being outside on such a nice day.:laugh:

Happy birthday to our Deb today and anxiously awaiting the Sir Paul report from Pam.  anxiously awaiting Krispy Kreme donuts too but I don't think that's going o happen.   Besides, 2 is my limit, what would I do with the rest?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-14 11:42 AM
Aww thank you!! :hug::hug:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 11:52 AM
I am honored. I did 6.37 for you :hug:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-07-14 10:29 AM
Good afternoon! Ray took today off so we've been hanging out and recovering from last night's concert!! We had an absolutely wonderful time! 3 hours of Sir Paul-no opening act and no breaks! HOW does he do it at 75?? He played a song or two from BEFORE the Beatles, lots of early Beatles stuff, lots of songs from their later records, Wings songs and some newer stuff. As much as I love Paul, I wasn't quite expecting such an amazing performance! I was amazed by all of the MUCH younger folks who knew ALL of the songs-not just the Beatles stuff, but everything right through the newest ones! You all will be impressed (or should be!) to hear that we not only stood for 3 hours, but we were eating at Waffle House at 1 am!! I told Ray that you know you are old when you wake up feeling like you have a huge hangover, but you didn't actually DRINK any alcohol!!

Probably won't get in any walking or running today because my feet and legs are very tired from last night, but hopefully will get back to it tomorrow.

Yum....love Krispy Kreme!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 11:52 AM
:cool::cool:sounds like you kids had an awesome time
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2017-07-14 11:51 AM
Happy Bastille Day!!!!

I went to the chiro this morning. Then I tried to run, but my knee was killing me so it ended up being more walk than run. I was surprised I was cold! What?!? It's July!! And I had the heat on in the Jeep going to the chiro. Insanity!!! Tonight going to my favorite farm to table restaurant. What they don't grow comes from other local farms. The food is always yummy!!!!

WASHINGTON — If you’re on a diet, July 14 would be a good time for a cheat day. That is good news since today is my masterfiftysomething birthday!! :laugh::laugh: I did not know Krispy Kreme Celebrated my day too. Too bad I don't eat them. I noticed Panera has a plant based menu now. The items I looked at had cheese on them though. :mutmad: I thought it was funny that Google had candles on their daily doodle. Boy do I feel special!!! My dad use to say "only you would come into the world on Bastille Day" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have a great day all!!!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-07-14 11:53 AM
Happy Birthday young lady :hug:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-07-14 11:56 AM
Happy Happy Birthday! :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-14 1:00 PM
:happy::happy::happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:04 PM
Happy Birthday Deb!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-07-14 2:19 PM
Made it to Atlanta. Last 15 miles took a long time.

No running today or tomorrow.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-07-14 6:06 PM
Spent the afternoon in Luckenbach, where everybody is somebody!  They had music, found a BBQ place and a spot on the Guadalupe River to cool off!  A nice impromptu date!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 14th of July