Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here! dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-07-14 7:16 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-14 7:24 AM
Thursday’s run turned out to be a 45 minute run on the gym inside track since the dew point was high. I didn’t really sweat much at all but lost a pound during the run. I had weighed myself before and after. There is a percentage of weight that you lose that means you have to replace fluids immediately. I forget what the percentage is. For me that amount is 3 pounds so I was within the limit. It was humid in the gym so maybe that was the reason I lost more than the usual half pound.
Today I’m off to the park and trail. I plan yoga at home after errands.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-14 7:53 AM
Sort of hill training last night. It was ridiculously warm and my back was worse than usual :cry: I did manage one round of the overpass (i.e. 2 hills) but just couldn't face a third. Oh well, a week off now and then it's back into training with a vengeance
Parent - - By LuckiestPenny Date 2017-07-14 8:53 AM
Hey everyone!   We're out of town at a wedding, and I got in just two quick but sweaty miles this morning.  Our hotel is just around the corner from a large park.  Some hills- hilly to me, anyway- and I needed that. 

I finally got the offer last night, so I am officially teaching in the fall!  Full-time, 4 classes.  That means I'll be preparing and delivering EIGHT lectures per week, holy cracker.  I'm glad I brought materials with me to continue prepping.  Lots and lots of powerpoints in my future.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-07-14 9:09 AM
:hug: Great news on the job!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-14 10:45 AM
Yay for the job!!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-07-14 11:46 AM
Great news!  Good luck with all the Powerpoints!  Make lots of backups so you don't lose anything.  <-- voice of sad experience speaking here  :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-07-17 12:50 PM
We had an old saying at work, "There are two types of people: those who backup and those who WILL backup". Once we had a patron, an old professor who had his dissertation on a floppy disk ONLY. It refused to load. :cry:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:26 PM
Yay for an offer! Wow, eight lectures a week. Good luck.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-07-14 11:45 AM
An hour of Reformer Pilates this morning. 

Not sure what I'll do this weekend.  I was planning to use this week as a pretty heavy training week, and then use next week as my taper for our hike (we start a week from today, next Friday).  Because I've been tired/feeling weird I haven't really been training very hard at all this week.  So there would be a logic in doing a four- or five-hour hike tomorrow with a weighted backpack.  However, it will be bejeezly hot tomorrow - 31C/88F which may not sound terrible to many of you but for me is well outside my comfortable realm (especially with hiking boots and a weighted backpack!).  The current conditions on our trail are temperatures in the mid-fifties during the day and the latest trail condition report warns us to be prepared for snow, icy/slippery stretches and "hypothermic environmental conditions" so it's not as if I need to be heat-acclimated for our hike.  : pbbt:  I'll probably ditch the hike in favour of a long stairclimber session in a nice cool gym.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-14 7:03 PM
Great workout today. Took yesterday off, and felt really fresh and solid today, so I went to the local park and did their full 5-mile loop trail. It has hills on the northern section, so it was not flat, but the trail is smooth and even (I am getting so spoiled out here by the wide, flat, crushed granite trails). I ran for a total of 22 minutes out of 65 minutes spent circumnavigating the park. It was a grey, damp day and I mostly had the place to myself, except for that one wedding party taking photos by the lake, and the kids around the playground. Good time to both zone out and think. I have missed that process of being outside and in motion.

Finished in good shape and so drove to the YMCA afterward to bike for an hour and lift weights. Felt tired and amazing by the end. Really grateful for progress. I feel clunky still when I run, but at least I am running.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-07-14 9:27 PM
Welcome to the West with trails that might feature rocks but NO roots. :grin:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-07-17 9:52 AM
Ever have an "elephant day" feeling from the moment you wake up? Like you feel heavy and tired and can't physically wake up and coffee doesn't help? Yeah, that's me today. Totally dragging. T-bone and I ran yesterday in the park, and my leg muscles are tired. Not sore, but just no "oomph" to them. I could possibly be exhausted because I have been spending a lot of mental effort trying to light XH on fire with just my brain; that sh*t'll wear you out! But it is probably the running. : pbbt:

I'll see how I feel in a couple hours, after my appointment. If I have woken up a bit, I'll go hit the stationary bike at the Y for a little while.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here! dailies