Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 15th of July
- - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 4:06 AM
The weekend has arrived.

What are your plans?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-07-15 5:18 AM
Not much since my back thwarted all my training :meh:
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 7:10 AM
:sad: yeah girl you best heal up. when you back is out there is not much you can do....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-15 6:11 AM
Dang girl, you get up early.

I'm still infusing caffeine at the moment.  And picturing Annabelle jumping from bed to bed in a hotel room in Atlanta.  At least, that's what my girls would be doing.

and we haven't heard much from Mike/Moose this week...Mike check in.   Jane, you too.

Rest day today.  There is an open house at the animal shelter.  We received a large bequest and put on an addition for the dogs.  Today is the big reveal.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 7:12 AM
an exciting day. I'm sure filled with nervous pee spots :laugh:

I was up at 530, the clock on this thing is wrong. Its been 10 years and I still do not know how to work this forum the correct way. :roll:

Mike was doing something if I can remember correct. and yes where is my Jane?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-15 8:26 AM
I changed my settings once and then daylight savings time hit.  And so I changed them again but the wrong way. I'm 2 hours off and decided it wasn't worth messing with.   Mike and Makayla were in Ohio I think.  Jane is probably out stalking people in teal.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 9:59 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: do you mean for real or in teal? either way it's a lovely way to spend an afternoon
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-15 10:40 AM
When Jane and I first met it was at a mall in Atlanta.  I told her I would be wearing teal.  She was stalking teal-wearing-ladies at the mall big time!
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 1:35 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 7:15 AM
okay, so its done. 10.03 miles with 12 x 400. at the same pace as last week. it is what it is at this point. my new mantra is all work is good work and gets me closer to my goal. I've been saying the word "calm" in my head a lot when I run lately.

it is still humid but not as bad as yesterday. we had a storm roll through that calm things down a wee bit. overcast makes a difference.

I spent 5 hours at the mall yesterday with Morgan. We had a fun girls day.

I need to "wash" my house. sigh. don't want to do it
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-15 8:31 AM
You are my hero.  10 miles in humidity after a girls day gets you a gold star.  If I could spirit you away to Illinois I would - I'm wearing a sweatshirt and pulled an extra blanket on the bed last night.   Illinois though - we could be 105 degrees tomorrow.:roll:   I've got a nice 10 mile route along the canal.  Part of the Hennepin 100 race.  You would love it.  Some parts paved, some gravel, some grass, nothin technical.  10k pace the whole way.
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 10:00 AM
I'm gonna look it up. I wonder if I could get myself there what would happen.....
Parent - - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 10:08 AM
it looks great. has lots of options. flights from philly to modine(?) ill is about 500 bucks round trip. a wee bit too pricey for me. but. if I planned right and only did one thing next year, it could happen. I would run a 50 again. (I can't believe I said that out loud)
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-07-15 10:43 AM
Moline.  aka The Quad Cities International Airport when you want to be fancy.   Might be cheaper to fly to O'hare Chicago and take the train out to the sticks.     I think we can talk Moose into it too.  I can be your crew.
Parent - By runnergeel [us] Date 2017-07-15 1:36 PM
they have teams.....
Up Topic Communities / Masters / The 15th of July