Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Changing for the weekend daily
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-15 10:06 AM
Let's have a daily for the weekend!  Please check in and tell us about your workouts and then give an estimate of how many times you change your clothes during the heat of summer training.  Tell us also about food, drink and weekend plans and anything else you care to share. 

Have a good weekend, all!!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-15 11:26 AM
I ran 10 this morning in the stank and of course, a nice rain came just as I was finishing, so I didn't get to enjoy the rain.:sad: When I got home, Blazergirl asked me how far I ran. When I said 10, she insinuated I was lazy (because it is long run day) and made me go to boxing class with her. I am whooped!

I will often change my clothes during a long run 8-10 miles into a run if I happen back towards the house in the summer because my clothes are totally stoked by then.

Nothing big planned except for a party celebrating my trainer's birthday. It will be fun to see everyone from the gym while we are not stanky from a workout.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-15 12:22 PM
Yeah, I do the same, even running at WRL, after one loop, I do a quick change of shirts. Makes you feel so much better.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-15 4:52 PM
BG knows exactly how to play you!: pbbt:
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-15 12:20 PM
We were slackers and started  a bit late so most of our run was in the rain. It was still muggy and warm, but rain makes it o much better. 15 miles, I am still very slow and  towards the end I need more breaks, but getting fitter. :happy: We stopped at the house about 6 miles in and changed. Dripping wet clothes even before the rain.

Food, breakfast at Black Walnut. Something called huevos mexicanos, eggs with spicy sauce, salsa, potatoes and two warm tortillas in which to fill the stuff. Scrumptious. But really I was so hungry, very little that wouldn't taste good. :roll::laugh: Plans, nothing exciting. I have to work some, usual chores. I have a massage appointment. Much needed. Tomorrow is the tri team's team photo day. Will go there. And maybe ride with the group.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-15 4:51 PM
That breakfast is drool worthy!:cool:

Enjoy the massage.:hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-15 6:54 PM
I LOVE Black Walnut! It is great for every meal.
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-07-15 1:00 PM
Today's daily was inspired by me returning from this morning's run, dumping my bag of impressively disgusting running clothes into the washer, then changing out of the clothes I had changed into after the run at the state park.  By 9:30, I was on my third set of clothing.  The run was 14 miles (again :roll:)  Temp was 79, dew point 76.  My clothes could not have been more wet if I had jumped in a swimming pool.  My RP was great!  Last week, she had to walk in the last two miles, and I was afraid she was done with me.  Instead, when I texted to ask if she was in for this week's LR, she gave a strong "yes!" and said she would fuel up better and pay closer attention to pace so she wouldn't bonk at 12 miles.  That's my kind of running buddy!! :cool:  What's even better is she did exactly that and ran strong all the way through in spite of the nasty conditions. 

Other:  this Santa Ana one of my favorite places here, not 20 min from where we live.  It is where I ran and went birding last Sunday and where Roger tripped and fell (and was not pushed :mutmad:) when he and S. were visiting.  :cry::cry:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-15 4:50 PM
I think you're running buddy was afraid you were done with her, she was probably so relieved to get your text!

Nice place to spend time.:happy:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-15 6:56 PM
It is great things are working out with your RP!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-15 4:46 PM
If I can loop back home or to my car during a long run, I'll change my top once, but usually I don't.  For shorter runs on the tm, I'll change my shirt after, so I can do weights in dry clothes. I don't usually change my shorts because then I have to take off my shoes, and if I do that, I'll change my socks, then I'll want different shoes, and by the time I'm done I've talked myself into skipping weights and heading to the shower.:roll:: pbbt:

6 fairly horrible miles this morning. I attribute it to bad eating yesterday, which led to a lot of procrastination today, and I didn't go out until almost 10.:shocker!: My clothes were soaked after a mile. But tomorrow I'm meeting a friend and we're going to a nice park, early, to get in 10 miles. Should be a lot better! Today was a lot of salad and greens, Philip and I went to a ramen place for lunch. And we had ice cream after- chocolate moose tracks! Blather: I can't believe we go down to Savannah this week to pick up Isabella! That went fast! She said it's still her first choice for college, but that was before she saw a ginormous spider in her bedroom (she's in a two-bedroom suite with a little living room outside the bedrooms).:shocker!: She was so funny, she said she saw it, screamed, then her roommate saw it and screamed, so they herded it out of the bedroom and *locked the door.*:laugh::laugh: I was like, gee, I hope that spider can't force the door open!:roll:: pbbt: Then the girl in the other bedroom came out, saw the spider and lost it, so someone else ran in and killed it. Then left it there because it was too big for her to want to deal with.:laugh: Turns out it was a wolf spider, not poisonous. I have to teach Isabella to catch the spiders in a glass and get them outside, but I don't think she'd do it. And now I wonder if that's still her first choice college!:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-15 6:59 PM
If I get to change during a run, I will always change my shorts, rarely my top. Chafing in the nether region is much, much worse than up top for me.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-16 2:33 PM Edited 2017-07-16 2:38 PM
Yeah, I wear some really dorky compression shorts that come almost to my knees to help with chafing. I keep meaning to try some of that stuff triathletes use "down there," I think it's called chassis butter? I really need different shorts!:laugh:
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2017-07-16 5:26 PM
chamois butter. :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-17 8:26 AM
:laugh: Oops.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-07-17 1:37 PM
I use a body glide type product.
Parent - - By PTRunner [us] Date 2017-07-16 8:21 AM
I don't typically change my clothes mid run.  I did change my shirt after my race yesterday, I would have changed my shorts too but logistically it wasn't going to happen lol.

Yesterday I ran a local-ish half marathon.  It was humid and the course is hilly but it was still fun. I was glad it was cloudy for most of it and the sun wasn't beating down on us! That helped.  I went out with friends from my running group which was fun as well.  Last year I heard there weren't enough water stops (and it was much hotter) but this year that was better and there were plenty of people in the community with their own water stops (including people giving out ice cold full water bottles.  Loved that!). I dumped  water over my head pretty much any chance I had and was soaked by the end. Ended up running a 1:38:54 which put me 1st in my AG and 4th woman OA.  Today was 5 easy miles super early before DH left for work.  We have no real plans this weekend except for the race yesterday. Just hanging around today.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-07-16 9:54 AM
It's a big race weekend in Pottstown. Yesterday it was the half and today it's the bike race. Well done on your race! You kicked ass :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-16 2:34 PM
Awesome race!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-16 10:20 AM
I didn't work out at all yesterday unless I can count two 90 minute drives to meet up with guys I went to HS with 47 years ago at a home one owns at the beach.

This morning I did some core & shoulder PT exercises.

I don't recall changing clothes during any of my training runs.  These days I do change my shirt after I teach cycling class before doing the rest of my workout out on the gym floor.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-07-16 2:38 PM
I am impressed you can remember people you went to high school with!:laugh: I can remember exactly one name, she tormented me.:roll: Did you talk about old times?: pbbt:

Many years ago, my mom went to her 35th high school reunion with a friend of hers from the same school in Brooklyn. They both wore poodle skirts.:laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-07-16 4:30 PM
Of course we talked about old times...and most certainly about the guys that were not there! :evil:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Changing for the weekend daily