Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make some Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 5:56 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:12 AM
--We got Sarge Saturday. :grin: When I went in the kennel to get him and put his collar on he would not come to me for anything. His penmate came up to me and I was kneeling down petting her while Sarge ran circles around us and barked and barked and barked. Iowa was not impressed. In fact, during the time I’m getting Sarge to warm up to me he had went and picked out another dog. :meh: Anyway, Sarge finally settled down and I convinced Iowa this was going to work and we filled out the adoption papers. Sarge had no problem getting in the car and rode very calmly all the way home.

--We introduced he and Meadow and it was no problem at all. I let her off the leash and we kept him on the leash for a while and then just let him go too. The dog took off running so fast. He never ran off but he just ran and ran. He has to have some Greyhound, Whippet or something of the like in him based on how thin he is and how incredibly fast he is. He is very smart and listens quite well. Yesterday after his morning run we went down to the garden and he rolled in the dirt and then sprawled out in it. :laugh: I think all these things are so foreign to him. Yesterday after his morning run he didn’t do anymore running. He just hung out close to me and Meadow the rest of the day. :hug:

--I have the perfect schedule today. I start at 10 and do 5 massages in a row and then I’m done. :cool:

--I’m off tomorrow but I’m getting a massage in the morning and then I need to go grocery shopping and mow the lawn at the house. I’m hoping I hear something this week on the closing date.

--I am covered in mosquito bites. :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:21 AM
He looks like a good boy :grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:42 AM
He reminds me so much of Kirby and Laura’s dog, Roger. Meadow really like him too. :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 6:34 AM
Glad you got him! Did Iowa warm up to him more as the weekend wore on?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:42 AM
Oh yea, absolutely. He has conceded that he was all wrong about everything. : pbbt: First, he thought it was going to be a huge adjustment for Meadow and there were going to be some problems. Not the case at all. I know the types of dogs she gets along with and I had a good feeling about Sarge. Second of all, the way Sarge barked at the shelter Iowa assumed he was going to be a big barker. He has not barked once since we walked out of his kennel at the shelter. In fact, the only noise out of that dog is a big sigh when he plops down to go to sleep. :laugh: Iowa also thought he’d be a runner (as in all over where he isn’t supposed to be) and that’s not the case at all. Sarge runs like crazy but he comes right back if you call and he has been very good to stay within sight/range of us. Honestly, he is about the perfect dog for us and I think he got exactly the home that he needs. I can’t imagine this guy cooped up in a house in town. And, he is absolutely so sweet. If there is any ass kicking to be done around here it’s going to have to be Meadow doing it. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-17 7:02 AM
Sounds like a match made in heaven. I'm so glad y'all were able to adopt him!:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:26 AM Edited 2017-07-17 6:36 AM
~Friggin heat wave this week :roll::roll::roll::roll:

~Did an Escape Room with the fam Saturday Night for Suzi's birthday. Pretty fun. Pretty cheesy. I think we were more lucky than smart.

~Went to dinner and met Butch Patrick (he played Eddie Munster). Suzi got her pic with him for her bday. He's in town for Crypticon (a horror movie festival)

~1 full week of 100% Paleo

~Water Park yesterday. Got pretty burned

~Kilian dislocated his shoulder at mile 14 and still won Hardrock with his arm in a friggin sling! :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:  Talk about beating everyone with one arm tied behind his back!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 6:35 AM
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend celebrating her birthday

Dislocated a shoulder, arm in sling and still won a race???
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:36 AM
and still won the hardest mountain 100 miler!!!! He's incredible
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 6:41 AM
woah so 86 miles in a sling?  dang!

Not quite the same thing, but the husband of a girl I know from my Back on My Feet days ran a 5K in like 18:00 while pushing 2 kids in a double running stroller. That was impressive to me
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:43 AM
DAMN! I've gotten my ass kicked by dudes pushing strollers all the time. Pisses me off.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:43 AM
It’s brutally hot here this week too. I think Thursday is 97. That’s the actual temp. Never mind the humidity and dew point and all that other stuff that kills you. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-17 9:45 AM
Suzi's birthday celebrations looked like fun:grin:

You are going 100% paleo and I'm off to pickup my chinese takeout:blush:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 6:40 AM
Weekend had cooler temps in the morning but I didn't run :sad: Saturday I decided to Skype with my grandma since it had been a while and I wanted her to see B. No regrets there. Sunday I was up for like 2 hours in the middle of the night so I didn't feel like running after B got up.

Wanted to go to the pool but with the cooler temps I was afraid the water wouldn't be warm enough. and then Sunday he slept later in the afternoon and we kind of ran out of time. I did put him in his blow up pool for a bit though.

Have to get an ultrasound of my breastfeeding injury today :laugh: I mentioned it to my Dr. Friday at my annual checkup and she wanted me to get it looked at to just verify it is what I think it is and not something bad. I'm pretty positive it is just a milk duct but we will see.

Woke up with the baby monitor in bed next to me as if I grabbed it some time overnight and turned it upside down to muffle the sound or lights. I don't remember doing this at all :laugh::blush:

Old Navy had 40% off online so I ordered a ton of stuff because nothing fits me and I desperately need to find some shorts that fit. I usually like their shorts the best although I tried some on in store and they didn't fit right. Hoping something works out of everything I ordered.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:44 AM
If you don’t mind spending a few extra bucks I’ve had super good luck with Prana shorts.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 8:16 AM
good to know, I've heard of them but have never tried them. If these ON ones I ordered don't work I'll have to track them down. Is it only an online business?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 8:20 AM
I've only ever ordered on line. I don't know if they have actual stores. I live so far away from anywhere that has those kind of stores I wouldn't know. Sierra Trading Post also often has a lot of their stuff.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 8:31 AM
I was just looking at their shorts online and all of the reviews are like "I ordered a size 4 and they're too big" and I wanted to stab them all :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-07-17 10:23 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Their sizes do run large. Depending on reviews and style I wear either a 6 or 8 and I'm at about my heaviest right now.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-07-17 6:51 AM
I hope you're right and the US shows nothing to worry about! :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-17 9:46 AM
Glad it was cooler this weekend:happy:

LOL! Love the baby monitor was muffled:laugh::laugh: You have hit Mom-Level 2:mischief:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-17 9:51 AM
Lovely weekend. Super hot though.

Stone Mountain plans were rained out saturday :mutmad: But their friends came over so that was nice. I am starting to like having kids over. Which is good because Maddie came over yesterday and before i know it the whole gang of kids showed up at my house:laugh: But they were great to have around.

My realtor texted me Sat night with 4 free Braves tix at the new SunTrust Stadium. Delta lot parking right BEHIND the stadium, like 20 feet. Seriously. The tix were in the infinity club so we had a cool, conditioned terminal to eat and drink and watch the game if we didn't want to be in the sun. The freaking bathrooms had the game on. But my favorite feature was the 50spf SUNSCREEN dispensers that worked like hand sanitizer dispensers. How great is that???

House is getting appraised right now for my refinance.

Off to get chinese take out for lunch: pbbt:: pbbt: Yummy!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-07-17 9:56 AM
Sounds like a pretty awesome day at the ballpark! Especially if it was hot out

mmmmm Chinese.  we had quick service Japanese (they make it on the hibachi in the back) and it was so good, I was in a fried rice coma
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-07-17 10:21 AM
OMG i love hibachi! It is the best! Maybe i'll do that for my birthday:mischief:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make some Monday RTTs