Runango Running Forum - Not logged in
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login Donate
Previous Next Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / So I was following blog links and stumbled into a hot mess
1 2 Previous Next  
- By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:16 PM
I was checking the links to other blogs of a blog I like (a friend's blog) and it's interesting following their links and seeing what kind of weird blogs you end up stumbling upon.  I came upon this woman, who is apparently a doctor (and runner) who is pregnant but appears to have an ED or something.  I follow the link to her boyfriend's blog and learn that he was just divorced within the year and she left her husband for him and he has some serious drama of his very own.  I was totally captivated. 

Have you ever experienced this?  It just feels so dirty to me that I know all about these people now.  I even posted a comment on the woman's blog (out of total terror at the stuff she was writing about how she had only gained a pound at 5 months, only planned to gain no more than 12 and expected to be lower than pre-pregnancy weight within the first week after giving birth). 

I just feel so dirty.  :blush:
"Life itself is the proper binge." - Julia Child
Parent - By sheepWolfsheep (avocados:x) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:18 PM
I love link walking:cool:
im back baby and harder than ever too!
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:20 PM
:laugh: is that what it's called?  It was really fun and totally fascinating.
Parent - By callie [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:18 PM

>expected to be lower than pre-pregnancy weight within the first week after giving birth  :shocker!::shocker!:  :-( 

"Okay Mommy, time to get dressed for work! Now let's see some NIPPLES!!!!"
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:21 PM
Isn't it sad? :-(  It's funny (not ha ha) too because the now boyfriend referred to her as "female athlete triad girl" (or whatever it is) before they "fell in love."
Parent By callie [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:25 PM
That's very sad.  That poor baby is in for a world of health problems, not to mention what the mom is doing to herself.  :cry:
Parent By miniscraper [us] Date 2007-10-26 7:50 PM
:cry:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:25 PM
Scary. You'd think a doctor might think something was off when she typed that out loud.

It should be like, "La de la dee dah dah lee doo dee, Oh SHIT! LOOK AT WHAT I JUST WROTE!! I REALLY AM FUCKED UP BEYOND MEASURE!"
Parent By callie [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:26 PM
:laugh:  I do that all the time.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:28 PM
That's the thing -- it is scary and totally confusing.  And what's scarier is that she insists that there's no evidence that weight gain is important during pregnancy.  She's very matter-of-fact about it -- cause you know she's a doctor so she knows.  The baby will get what it needs.  She also stated that she thinks of all mothers as being fat and out of shape.  She also, I KID YOU NOT, runs literally 13 miles a day.  Every day.  No rest days. 
Parent - By callie [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:32 PM
:-(  I hope this is just a fake blog...someone's idea of a joke to see how many people she can rile up.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:35 PM
Nope.  Definitely not a joke.  :sad:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky [us] Date 2007-10-25 3:56 PM
How do you know for certain?

Signed,
Recently terribly duped. :meh:
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Parent By ski2ski [us] Date 2007-10-26 9:44 AM
What were you duped about?
AKA Runtothebeach
citius, altius, fortius
Parent - By MrsFRK (such a waste of an appendage) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:34 PM
I was all set to be a doctor...and then I started spending a lot of time with doctors.
And many of them are batshit crazy. :shocker!::laugh:
I would think, holy hell physician, heal thyself!!! like 15 brazillion times a day.

I have gone down the blog link wormhole as well. It's scary. :meh:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:35 PM
I agree, and it drives me nuts that lawyers are villified and doctors aren't as much.  They're no better as a people IMHO.
Parent - By MrsFRK (such a waste of an appendage) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:39 PM
Seriously.
It terrified me, once I realized that I would be spending most of my time with these people.
In terms of asshole quotient, attorneys have nothing on physicians.

Pregnancy is a very dangerous time for anorexics.
Though I have been "healthy" for a long time, I still have great fears about my ability to be healthy while pregnant.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:55 PM
I think that if you're aware of the potential and willing to accept help it would be do-able but tough.  For me, I would welcome any excuse to be fat.
Parent By roselanwa [us] Date 2007-10-24 11:17 PM
:laugh: I was like, bring it on, baby!:blush::evil:
I do miss my midnight bowls of Lucky Charms.:hug:
Be happy so long as breath is in you.
Parent By roselanwa [us] Date 2007-10-24 11:16 PM
:hug:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:43 PM
I wonder sometimes which is more stupid, our brains or the way we use them. Of all the addictive behaviors I've encountered in my life, none is as maddening as an eating disorder.

I assume she's wrestled with a variety of problems and come to the conclusion in each one that weight gain should be avoided. My car has poor fuel economy? I should probably lose weight.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:48 PM
Well, as long as she can control her weight gain everything is under control, right?  That's how the universe works.

I just checked her link again and it appears that possibly now that strangers who post comments are reading her blog she's going to backpedal.  It's even more fascinating to me now that I feel like I've influenced a stranger's blog.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-24 10:57 PM
Gaahh.

It's easy quitting drinking. You never have to do it in moderation.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-24 11:00 PM
That's a very interesting point.  You still have to eat.  But somehow I doubt it's easy to quit drinking. 
Parent By slavin [us] Date 2007-10-26 8:47 PM
You're so right about that and I think that many recovering alcoholics probably also struggle with food.  The addictive personality that doesn't know when to say when spills over into that as well and of course, you can't just stop eating to fix the problem.
Parent By roselanwa [us] Date 2007-10-24 11:18 PM
:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Wha the? You gain weight (or should) because the BABY WEIGHS SOMETHING. AND YOUR BOOBS. AND THE PLACENTA.

Forchrissakes.
Parent By noel (Kilotons of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk) [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:55 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::shocker!::cry:
red hair don't care
Parent By roselanwa [us] Date 2007-10-24 11:15 PM
Oh, yeah, it's crazy to see who's reading what. I mean, shocking.

I had to unsubscribe to a friend's blog bc it was all about her love for another man, not her husband, her perscription drug abuse, etc. I just felt like I was a party to her bad behavior by reading it. I always felt like I needed to take a shower after.:cry:

Good for you for posting about that crazy lady's ED. Hopefully that baby is getting good nutrition.:sad: A doctor? What the hell kind of doc is she?
Parent By IronAllie (Tacky Shitstorm) [us] Date 2007-10-25 6:07 AM
Did you know that my colleague and I are going to write about book about EDs and pregnancy?  Maybe I'll send her a copy when we're done.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 6:35 AM
Wait...you end up on this scandalous blog, come here with a bunch of juicy details...and don't post a link?
http://sampsonrocker.tripawds.com/
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 6:41 AM
Thanks for saying what I was thinkng!  We need a link!!
"He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle"..."now his mind is gone"
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 7:37 AM
Parent By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-25 7:44 AM
Oh god. She is nuts! :shocker!:
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 7:56 AM
YIKES!  I hope I never run into them on a Dr's visit!
"He was very sickly until he started riding around on that bicycle"..."now his mind is gone"
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 8:23 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh...

Her description alone skeeves me out:
I'm a medical/surgical resident and a spiritual runner.
My senior resident and I fell in love.
We made a baby in a call room.
We're moving to Europe in less than a year.
I'm five months pregnant and still so in love.

Erg. And, okay...running with a doc's okay when you're pregnant? Fine. I saw a chick who was almost at her due date doing Grandma's half one year. JOan Benoit ran when pregant. But this chick is nutso. And DON'T RIDE A BICYCLE (esp. in the dark or up a mountain!!) when pregnant. Trainer, maybe...but on the roads?

My brain hurts.

Where are these two from? Looks and sounds midwestern...
Parent - By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:00 AM

>Where are these two from? Looks and sounds midwestern...

don't lump those two wackos in with us midwesterners!! : pbbt:
Camden Matthew: http://www.pbase.com/osuwldr/baby_pics
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:01 AM
Oh, I know plenty of whackos here, too :p

I was thinking if it were like at Mayo or something, I could dig for gossip...
Parent - By jennifer7 (100 mile studette!) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:05 AM
it says "Runningdoctor, Midwest, United States" :p
Gone West!
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:43 AM
I have some friends doing a residency at Mayo... Hmm... I wonder if we could find out more somehow...
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:13 PM
I wouldn't.  That would make me feel bad.  I don't want anyone to get in trouble.
Parent - By puf-daddy [us] Date 2007-10-27 8:09 AM
It's not possible for you to get anyone into trouble.  They can only get themselves into trouble.

It disturbs me greatly that they have these trysts in a hospital.  I hardly think that would be sanitary!  Can you imagine what their supervisors would think?  Imagine what would happen if the local media found out.  It would be a PR nightmare for that hospital.

Theses are two adults acting like a bunch of adolescents with little regard to their actions.  They even had the audacity to post their pictures!  They'd be fired on the spot if the administrators knew what was going on behind closed "call room" doors.

They should reflect on what they post and ask themselves, "What would my patients think if they read this"?
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-27 8:18 AM
I think the runningdoctor has and took his blog down (well it's by invite only and somehow I doubt I will be invited).  I don't think rocker was actually going to hunt this guy down or anything, but I think, as a general proposition, that would be a bad idea.  I mean, I truly can't imagine the horror of having an internet stranger investigating my identity.  Yeah, it's public, and yeah, I mostly don't say anything interesting much less juicy, but that would still be horrific.  I guess it could happen. . . hmmm. . . maybe I'd better become a troll :shocker!::sad: (j/k)  But all that aside, who cares who they are.  I'm not sure what a call room is but I doubt people operate in them.  And, I can relate to wanting to vent about work.  I guess I empathize because I'm a frequently a dumb shit when it comes to this stuff and I feel like I should look out for fellow dumb shits (while engaging in rank voyeurism of course).  : pbbt:

And, I believe in karma.  (Well, my own perverted western version of karma of course).
Parent - By puf-daddy [us] Date 2007-10-27 8:33 AM
I'm certainly not advocating that anyone track these folks down and "out" them.  I hope that was not the message I conveyed. 

If blogging is the method of choice these two choose to vent, then by all means they should do so, but be intelligent about it.  They are physicians, so they are clearly smart enough to know the consequences of posting information in the internet.  My guess is that he, at least, is beginning so see the slippery slope of posting a blog with possibly too much private info, as he as locked his blog out from the general population.

I did venture over and read a little bit of her blog and some of the comments posted.  What they fail to realize is the diverse crowd that is here:  lawyers, doctors, scientists, counselors, ED survivors, mothers, etc.  We're not just a bunch of loonies, though one might come to that conclusion unless they spent some time here.  This place can be harsh, but by far and large, probably unanimously, only wish the best for all those involved, especially the children.

Again, you are not responsible for any consequences.  I saw one comment from, I think it was "Olga" who said the SL didn't need any extra stress since she was pregnant.  Wow.  I didn't realize this forum was so powerful as to cause more stress than being a doctor and living thfe life she freely chooses and posts about!:roll:
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-27 10:08 AM
I see what you're saying and I agree.  I think this whole thing has been sort of an interesting experiment/lesson in the workings and potential consequences of living in the interwebs.
Parent - By jennifer7 (100 mile studette!) [us] Date 2007-10-25 8:39 AM
hmmmm...hers says they are moving to Europe, his says she is leaving him for OK - sounds like communication is off a wee bit ;-)
Gone West!
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:42 AM
I saw that too :shocker!:
Parent By dlynch [ca] Date 2007-10-25 9:43 AM
They're both whack-jobs. :laugh:
Run! Isn't there some kind of special technique?
You put one leg in front of
Parent - By roselanwa Date 2007-10-25 4:05 PM
"That being said, I did a lot of looking at research today and was surprised to find a correlation between low weight gain during pregnancy and low birth weight as well as pre-term delivery. But I've got lots more info about that."

NO SHIT SHERLOCK! I'M NOT A FVCKING DOC OR RESIDENT AND I KNEW THAT!

How mental is sea legs.:meh:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 5:09 PM
"That being said, I did a lot of looking at research today and was surprised to find a correlation between low weight gain during pregnancy and low birth weight as well as pre-term delivery. But I've got lots more info about that, because that runs contrary to the research I didn't do, which states unequivocally that any measurable body weight during pregnancy is risky. I'll look into some of the more reputable Haitian medical journals and of course Wikipedia. The search itself will burn some calories and I'll eventually find what I need."
Parent By roselanwa Date 2007-10-25 5:11 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know about you, but don't LET THIS FUCKING LADY ANYWHERE NEAR ME OR MY LOVED ONES (or enemies) WITH A STETHOSCOPE!
Parent By LLruns [us] Date 2007-10-26 6:35 PM
:O

"That being said, I did a lot of looking at research today and was surprised to find a correlation between low weight gain during pregnancy and low birth weight as well as pre-term delivery. But I've got lots more info about that. I just wanted to get everyone interested in reading the next post."

Well, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_|
Parent By jalashkar (Yahd) [us] Date 2007-10-25 6:54 AM
Do you need to be bathed..?  :evil::wink:
Look, Daddy! I'm stealing!
<sniff> That's my little dude!
Parent - By jennifer7 (100 mile studette!) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:59 AM
I just spent the last hour reading every single archive from the guy's blog - well, skimming.  what a mess!  when he first mentioned The Girl, he referred to her as The Female Athlete Triad Girl :roll:
Gone West!
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:36 AM Edited 2007-10-25 10:38 AM
It's like trying to not look at a train wreck!  I can't beleive it is not a carefully planned spoof.  It's so good she is so proud of her 5 month old no belly baby...
Parent - By littlemary (What do you use? Your finger?) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:34 AM
i feel bad for the kids, parents split, her dad and THE GIRL having a baby, the moms partner having a baby? :sad:
Your delusions of persecution are a telltale sign of early stage paranoid schizophrenia ~Sue Sylvest
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:37 AM
And they take things so casually!
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:37 AM
Dan, were you here when Tescovee had a weird pron surfing coworker?  This dude had a weird blog, too.  Same thing!  His girl left another dude, who was their friend, etc etc. 
Parent - By littlemary (What do you use? Your finger?) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:40 AM
the dancer in lederhosen?:laugh:
Your delusions of persecution are a telltale sign of early stage paranoid schizophrenia ~Sue Sylvest
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:41 AM
GOOD MEMORY LM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :laugh::laugh::laugh:  What was it, clogging or kilt guys or something?
Parent - By littlemary (What do you use? Your finger?) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:47 AM
I just remember that group pic of them, from his dancing group:laugh::laugh:

he was the greasy chronic throat clearer, no?
Parent By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:58 AM
Yes, and there was lotsa pron.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:14 PM
:shocker!: I missed that I think :shocker!:
Parent - By bigbrett [ca] Date 2007-10-25 10:50 AM
I think it's cute when the crazy people find each other..less colateral damage

futur kids fucked though:cry:
at least it was only your finger, i once had my whole hand stuck in there=Trinity
Parent - By jennifer7 (100 mile studette!) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:52 AM
current kids too...he often mentions how fat his daughter is :-(
Gone West!
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:53 AM
And how fat his patients are... And how fat HE is...and...

OMG, it's like a train wreck.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:54 AM
I can't stop looking. I just read through all his old blogs. I don't know who he is, but I think he's a huge dicktard. At one point, he's whining he doesn't have any friends...I just want to yell at him: IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG!!!!!!!!!

And yet, I keep reading... :cry:
Parent By jennifer7 (100 mile studette!) [us] Date 2007-10-25 10:56 AM
we are TOO alike :laugh:

I was skimming until he met THE GIRL, then I started reading everything.  March 2007 is hysterical.
Gone West!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:10 AM
She is an interval virgin but I will fix that. Oh God, please let her like it.

I can't smile in certain ways and I sound like an idiot when I speak.

We couldn't just open the door and walk out so I opened the door and walked out, turning off the light. Then the Girl snuck out a little later.

Last year, when I started coming home to an empty, cold house to eat generic Lucky Charms for dinner, my reality had kicked in quite well.

I got explosive diarrhea from some spice lamb dish that I really liked (while eating it). She had a 300 calorie vegetarian dish that she tolerated well.

She has some weird sleep issues; she couldn't even sleep in the same bed as her husband. She wears a night mask and ear plugs.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: must stop now :laugh:
Some people get buried more deeply than others.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:29 AM
"She had a 300 calorie vegetarian dish that she tolerated well."

That ought to be on one of those inspirational calendars.

People should not blog. I've always thought it; now I know it.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:34 AM Edited 2007-10-25 11:36 AM
it's like a diary. and no one should see those. i don't get the blog thing either..or why people would like random strangers to read and comment.

eta--except for jakes blog. cause i like reading about whitey and it's funny.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:45 AM
I would read jake's blog. Where is it?

Most blogs should not be. They're like self-published memoirs. In most cases, there's a reason people have to resort to vanity presses. Although I am opposed to firearms in general, I do carry one for those times when someone years previous would have told me something in conversation but now says, "Check my myspace page/blog." I'm not so principled about guns that I can't shoot people.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:01 PM
jakes is here on this forum. click on his name and then the blog option.

it's facinating what all this technology is doing information sharing-wise.

i'm not sure what to make of it.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:15 PM
I never looked into the blog feature here.

I think the risk-to-return ratio on blogs is too wacky. For the most part, the blogs I see most are from the kind of people who write their own wedding vows, or this sort of thing. An email gets passed around about some jackass whose blog starts with some variation of "I started this blog so people could keep track of my training. Also, here's some bad poetry." My fear is that a blog appeals to the Aleksey Vayner living in all of us, just waiting for a little viral exposure. I couldn't survive it.
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:23 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:24 PM
Oddly, all this blog talk is failing to drive traffic to my blog.  :sad:
Netherlands? More like Mehtherlands
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:26 PM
:cry::cry::hug:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:26 PM
I go to look at whitey. :hug:
Parent By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:35 PM
He's the biggest blog sensation since emoticon theater.  :grin:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:11 PM
I have a blog but it's pretty boring.  I do it for my parents and some friends and they apparently read it but don't leave comments.  :mutmad::cry:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:17 PM
i shouldn't have been so categorical in my anti-blogness..

i don't get the kind of blogs that are linked in this thread. so much really personal stuff!

i experimented with blogs but then i wanted to erase what was there..but i'm a weirdo anyhow..

another gem from the crazy ed lady

"Anyway, after the race I asked him (her future boss)how he did and when he told me his time, I said "Wow, I'm 5 months pregnant (showed the shirt) and I beat you!" He looked pretty disgruntled after that. But SR and two other residents were laughing heartily. Oh, well."
Parent By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:18 PM
Jackasses! :mutmad:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:18 PM
I would read your boring blog too.

I have a certain blog in mind and it's the source of 90% of my anti-blogginess. You know which one.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:21 PM
I do know which one.  I'm bored of that one, though I still read it pretty religiously.  I thought I sent you my boring blog?  Maybe not.
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:23 PM
Send me your blog.
Parent - By greenie (Pea counting punk) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:46 PM
Why don't I get to see your boring blog? :-(

What's the other blog?  I am agnostic toward them but am eager to be anti-blog.
You're the greatest asswipe on runango.:mutmad:
--buckaroo 8/12/10
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:49 PM
Just a general observation:

I find it interesting that people on this thread have commented that they don't get blogs, nor do they want one, but they are interested in reading other people's blogs (i.e. "send me your blog" comments).
"Jello wrestling - its pretty much the greatest show on earth."
- Some dude on the Peoples Court
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:04 PM
After realizing blogs have invaded even the fine peeps at L&O, we're backpedaling. It's an awkward mixture of cowardice and politeness.
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:08 PM
:hug:

I have no problem with blogs.  I've learned a lot from blogs.  If people want to post their affair in great detail, then that is their dealio.  I will say that you will see a lot more blogs and other like communication means in the future.  Welcome Web 2.0!

(Can you tell I work for a tech company?)
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:10 PM
I'm taking a Web 2.0 class next week so I can make wikis. :roll:
Parent By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:21 PM
:laugh:  I hear "2.0" all the damn time.  Ugh.  But its my life at the moment.  It pays the bills.
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:17 PM
In a general way, I don't think much of blogs, but I will always check out things my friends create. Friends are less bloggy because they're friends.
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:08 PM Edited 2007-10-25 1:11 PM
No...I still don't get them, nor do I want one. But I DO like reading them--esp. the train wreck ones. It's all about voyuerism, baby.

And helllll no, I don't want my personal shizznizzle out there for everyone to make fun of. But if someone is silly enough to put theirs up, I will be more than happy to point and laugh at it.
Parent - By greenie (Pea counting punk) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:11 PM
I didn't say I hated them, just that I'm agnostic. :-)
You're the greatest asswipe on runango.:mutmad:
--buckaroo 8/12/10
Parent By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:12 PM
But you commented above that you are eager to be "anti-blog." 

And it was general observation - I replied to you, but was commenting in general :-)
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:27 PM
so when your parents or friends call, you can just say--oh, go read my blog! : pbbt:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:50 PM
No but they will have seen it and ask me questions about it or comment. 
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:53 PM
in a way, it would be the perfect communication device for my family since i hate the phone..but i don't think they are all that interested in what i'm doing anyhow :blush:
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:17 PM
I don't get blogs, either.

My life really isn't that interesting...why would I write about it and let everyone read it. Besides, i sucked at keeping a diary when I was a kid. Why would I be any better now? Esp. when I lack even the basic motivation provided by the cute little fabric covered book with the tiny little lock and key.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:19 PM
If it's like mine, with blah blah blah this is what I did this weekend, you can tell all your family without having to individually tell them :p  It's lazy.  And my family and friends like to see my pictures. 
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:20 PM
My mom's head would explod if I tried to get her to navigate cyberspace :laugh:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:20 PM
if your blogs were like some on the stuff you write here, it would be a favorite!!!

you're a really good writer/storyteller and funny :happy:
Parent By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:23 PM
EXACTLY.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:21 PM
I write a lot. It's all shit. A blog would be a shitty way to share my shitty shit shit.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:23 PM
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:24 PM
nuh uh :hug:
Parent - By ellapritch [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:14 PM
you're finally getting it. :laugh:
Bono didn't make the crap. He IS the crap.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 3:25 PM
:blush:

I was running along at around mile six of a big long race this past May. My brother was socializing in the back of the pack and my training partner was stopping to puke every half mile. With no one to talk to, I began listening to the two guys in front of me. If for some reason, Ella, you ever get bitten by the ultra bug, you'll discover as I did that no matter what race, what distance, what time of day or night, the guys in front of you are talking about shoes. Always. I listened in on the shoe conversation, learned there's an important distinction between running in Mudrocs and Roclites. For instance, you might wear the Roclites in a road race, but you'd never wear the Mudrocs on the road. Oddly, the reverse is not true. You might wear the Roclites or the Mudrocs on the trail. It all depends. Could go either way. Here at Massanutten, the guy in front of us had opted for the Roclites, but not without some trepidation. As riveting as the shoe conversation was, I was pleased to hear them take a break from it and move on to a different subject. It seems they were greatly offended by some whimsical running stories they'd found on the internet and were comparing them with another set of whimsical running stories they'd found on the same site. One of the "authors" was getting dragged through the mud. I like a good mud-dragging, myself, so I was thinking about joining them, saying things like, "That idiotic son of a bitch!" and "Derivative. Entirely derivative." Sadly, I was to discover they were talking about me. :cry:

Later that night, I was fumbling along and I was coming up on a small group crossing a particularly rocky-bouldery stretch. I heard "...and I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the way these Roclites have held up on the technical stuff here." The Montrail Continental Divide is one tank of a shoe. Not good for much, I found, what with the mangling it did to my heels. But I tell you what, as bad as it hurt my feet, it probably was ten times worse for that guy to find one lodged in his ass as he fell down Short Mountain. My brother wanted to know why I'd done that. I said it needed to be done and he seemed to accept that.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 5:34 PM
:cry::cry::cry:
Parent By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 7:42 AM
:laugh::laugh::cry:
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:23 PM
How is blogging any different than posting, say, a race report or funny story here?  I keep a blog to keep my family up to date on what I'm doing here in CA without having to write a bunch of emails.  And its a mini-diary as well, but I realize its public and I don't want to expose all my doings. 

And Rocker - I think you are freaking hilarious.  Your gift for the written word is great - I'd read your blog. :hug:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:24 PM
I would too!  I have to admit I love reading blogs.
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:24 PM
So do I, but I would qualify that with "I love reading well-written blogs."  There are a few blogs where I was tortured by the lack of basic language skills.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:09 PM
I am surrounded by those types of people at work. It pains me.
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:10 PM
Ouch.

A lot of my co-workers have blogs ... and for the most part, they are very well-written and articulate.  I work with a ton of smart peeps ... and its kind of intimidating.
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:22 PM
I work at a university, and, sadly, am surrounded by morons. :cry:  Actually, not all of them. But a subset. Mostly "business educators" who think they can write, and I get stuck editing their stuff and it makes me want to go all killkillkillkillkillkill. :laugh:
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 3:01 PM
I find people's use of language fascinating. I'm sure my opinion of what is good and bad is more instinctive than anything, but I am sometimes just as intrigued by a badly described idea as I am a well-crafted one. I see what you're saying about something being well-written, but in and of itself, that doesn't make a thing worth reading to me. Sometimes, being able to write well just means you reveal your neuroses with greater precision. What is a vague, formless Rorschach test in a person who has poor language skills gets carved into a proper Oedipus complex by someone more talented. I think the doctor whose blog kicked off this discussion has perfectly demonstrated that intelligence and education can be used to support a bad idea.

Generally, I have more respect for people who I think write well -- envy, in a way -- but I've never found the value of ideas discussed changes dramatically between a perfect sentence and a grammatical nightmare.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:37 PM

> How is blogging any different than posting, say, a race report or funny story here?

It isn't much, though one key difference to me is that anything you post here is intended to be part of a conversation. I don't have as big an objection to blogs as I've made out here. I've just seen too many of these viral blogs: self-absorbed nutters who end up being the butt of a joke they don't understand. Too many of my daily thoughts would qualify for this kind of exposure.
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:45 PM
See - I like blogs because it puts the crazies out in the open.  Its easier to figure out who is crazy and who is more level-headed. :wink:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:02 PM
True. Much the same thinking goes into justifying bluetooth devices: they make douchebags more obvious. (I am wearing one right now, but no one can see me. :blush:)
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:06 PM
Bluetooth S&F:  I told you to impact that sonofabitch, dammit!   :cool:
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:07 PM
:mutmad:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:10 PM
Well, thank you :blush:

But I still wouldn't have enough content to keep up a blog. :-)
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:10 PM
I read it all :cry:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:46 AM
"Her eyes always turn fluorescent green when she is tired."

OMGFG!! Is this a joke? :laugh::laugh::laugh::meh:

Is this SRA? :shocker!:

"At some point, a guy ran by, crossing the trail, going in the opposite direction. I know I shouldn't, I know it's petty, but once in a while one has to have fun; I took off down the trail after him. Not surprisingly, he didn't want to get passed and started spriting down the trail. Ah, the cheap motivation one gains when effortlessly passing a runner like that, on a soft trail, on a beautiful evening."
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:02 PM
:cry::cry::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Oog [us] Date 2007-10-25 11:49 AM
oog think no need leave LO for hot mess.
me stop to use bathroom as opposed to me just doing it as me walk
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:11 PM
You've got a good thing going with LO.  :hug:
Parent - By dk [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:21 PM
Of course, while I was developing my God complex, my wife decided to leave me but there you have it.
You think its time you get up, crunch time, like a sit up, come on keep pace...
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 12:24 PM
I thought that was rather brilliant myself.  :laugh:
Parent - By retardedpossum [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:06 PM
I'm living my own hot mess right now:laugh::laugh:
if you don't like it, suck it. jwd quoting RWO
Parent By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:11 PM
START A BLOG ABOUT IT!!!
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:18 PM
Okay, so at the reccommendation of Jenn7, I spent some in depth moments in March 2007. I lread the last entry...and then skipped back to the first. Well, WOW there is a world of difference in just 30 short days. :laugh:

Today, I drummed up a weight loss competition at work. Four residents trying to lose as much weight as possible in 2 months. A dinner is on the line. We obviously don't all have the same weight reserves. Our chief resident has some healthy upholstry so his goal is more than 10 pounds. On the other end of the spectrum is a hot little waif of a woman, who really shouldn't be losing weight at all. We have made up a sort-of percentage chart so we compare our actual loss to desired weight loss.

Yeah, one of my colleagues has the very classic female athlete triad. This, of course, consists of low BMI, amennorhea and osteoporosis. Seriously, this girl has not had more than a few periods in 5 years and had a stress hip fracture a few years ago. The weird thing is I really admire her dedication, although what she does is technically nto healthy.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

And 30 days later, she had left her husband, Dr. Douche had inseminated her, and they spent all their free time a-boinkin' like bunnies in the coat closet.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:21 PM
Oh noes!!!!!! NOw they're maikn' out in his daughter's bed! Eeeeeeeeeeeew!
Parent - By skibabe [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:25 PM
DUDE.  I skimmed, and I ran across that comment.  Ewwwwwwwwwww.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:37 PM
Later, they actually HAVE SEX IN IT. :shocker!::shocker!:

Okay, yeah, when my High SChool boyfriend and I did it in my parents bed, well...that was rebellious and funny. But when two grown ups do it in the 6 year old's room. Eeeew, dude. Eeew.
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:31 PM
and that was like their 2nd "date"
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:40 PM
That night my 10 year high school reunion was quite enjoyable. It was fun to introduce SR to everyone. And to show the ultrasound pictures. The girls from my class looked really good. I was proud to hear about their jobs and the fun many of them seemed to be having. The most interesting conversation was about 20 HETE protein and its role in cerebral ischemia.

But on March 13th, he asked me in to his house to fold laundry and I told him I was in love with him and never should have gotten married. He stared at me for a long time. He told me I was perfect and that "the flood gates would open," so I better be sure.

Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:43 PM
Okay, so check out June. This is the month of the immaculate conception.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:45 PM
:laugh:
it's starting to make me sad though too.. i'm not sure why.
Parent - By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 1:51 PM
It makes me wonder if it's real... I mean, seriously... who says stuff like this:

When the Girl and I were backcountry camping some weeks ago, we both drank out of the streams during our runs. We thought it would be romantic to both get Giardiasis at the same time.

I can't decide if it's more sad if it's real, or if he's making it up for attention or something.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:00 PM
holy crap.

i was wondering if these blogs would be good fodder for some hollywood writer, or comedian, or something..
it just doesn't seem real.. i mean, i know people can be fvcked up..but wow. it might be easy to figure out who they are if you can find the race where he came in first and she came in second..and some of the other race references..
Parent By mmrocker13 [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:06 PM
I'm guessing he's a resident at Mayo. The weather patterns match, it's about 800 miles from Mayo to Oklahoma City, and some of the bloggers he recommends are also from MN.
Parent - By roselanwa Date 2007-10-25 5:12 PM
JUST BRILLIANT WHEN YOU'RE PREGNANT.
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-25 5:42 PM
My husband got giardia once and said it was AWFUL.  The worst?  Foul farts.  And they were travelling. 2 parents and 4 kids in a little car from Rochester NY to Yellowstone :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:   I'm surprised they didn't tie him to the roof to fart in open air. 
Parent By roselanwa Date 2007-10-25 5:45 PM
:laugh::cry::cry::cry:
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:04 PM
my dog has giardia :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:15 PM
I drank from the wrong creek once. Lost nine pounds in three days. At the worst, it was about fifteen minutes between trips to the bathroom and that really was around the clock. That doesn't clear up overnight, either. It goes away very gradually.

You do not ever want to get this bug. Ever.
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:16 PM
I don't know. . . 9 pounds in three days?  That's possibly even better than the master cleanse : pbbt:
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:17 PM
Oh, it was a master cleanse alright. Sweet mercy.
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 6:14 AM
Did you fart poison?  I mean, that is the most interesting part. 
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-26 9:55 AM
Technically, there were no farts. Too risky, so everything was offered at the porcelain altar.
Parent - By dk [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:09 PM
When I got to Wife's house, Daughter was planted in front of the TV eating Chicken McNuggets whle Wife and the Lesbian were in bed watching "the L word".
You think its time you get up, crunch time, like a sit up, come on keep pace...
Parent By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 6:15 AM
I saw that.  They can't prepare a real dinner?  Jerks.
Parent - By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-25 2:46 PM
They climbed a mountain to take the PG test - damn - that guy knows romance!
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-25 6:00 PM
Yah, well now you know why the first wife took off with another lady.  : pbbt:
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:03 PM
Parent By slowerpoke (Swamp Fucker) [us] Date 2007-10-25 9:19 PM
tramp tracks..... :laugh:
Wyoming Bandits? -J
Parent - By IronAllie (Tacky Shitstorm) [us] Date 2007-10-26 6:38 AM
I spent about an hour looking at this last night :meh::cry:  It made me feel sick to my stomach.
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 9:58 AM
This needs to disappear. I really hope these are fake people. He's a total douche and she's batshit crazy.
Parent - By IronAllie (Tacky Shitstorm) [us] Date 2007-10-26 9:59 AM
It scared me.  Really. :meh::cry:
Parent By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:00 AM
What kind of kid will they raise? Will they allow him to eat if he doesn't do tons of exercise?
Parent - By Morticia [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:02 AM
:laugh:  Totally.  I spent about an hour reading those blogs too, like :shocker!: .  I am really hoping they are fake but why would someone put the time and energy into that many posts, if they weren't real?  

Could they have any more pictures of them looking into each other's eyes?  :roll:
Parent By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:10 AM
Hee heeee.

"I'm so glad I cheated on my husband with you.  I'm so glad we made a baby in a call room.  I'm so glad your wife left you for another lady."    WTF is sea grass eyes?
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 9:58 AM
DD, I browsed the first page of each, didn't go back to archive and I found it really strange.  Not only does she run, she comes right home and bikes and swims, too?  She is so proud of herself, as tho she accomplished something mere mortals could never do, it seems.  He cheers her along, besides.
Parent - By IronAllie (Tacky Shitstorm) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:00 AM
Apparently she works out 5 hours a day (including 12 miles of running everyday).  SHe ran a 1:47 1/2 5 months pregnant.  :cry:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:04 AM
Mr. SG knows a woman who did that sort of thing. She was an aerobics instructor. She's teach 3 classes, run, swim, bike, stayed skinny throughout pregnancy. The kid was born with major neuromuscular issues. :sad:
Parent By Morticia [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:05 AM
:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Marty Moo [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:07 AM
:shocker!:
yikes :cry:

I knew it was good that I was a lazy slob throughout both my pregnancies :roll:
j/k - I know there is a happy medium

very sad :sad:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:09 AM
It has to be a disease because you must know you're basically starving your baby before they ever get a start. SO sick that she cares more about her size and weight than a healthy baby.
Parent By Marty Moo [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:11 AM
Yes, you've got to at least home that it's something beyond their control.  Although it's hard to imagine loved ones not stepping in.
Parent By Zippy [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:54 AM
But there's no proof that there is problems with chidren born to mothers that don't gain wieght:roll::roll::roll:

I yi yi!!!  Why would you ever want to push the limits on that stuff!  She may as well try fasting for 9 months.  I'm sure she can't find proof that that is bad either!
Parent - By adamswims (FAT, ICE CREAM EATING FUCKER!) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:11 AM
there were some women I used to swim with in AZ that were going on club bike rides during their 8th month. :meh::meh:  Just silly considering the dangers.
mut doesn't do sheit
Parent By IronAllie (Tacky Shitstorm) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:43 AM
:shocker!: If and when that time comes, I am not getting on my bike again until the kid is out of me.
Parent By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:04 AM
Okayyyyyyy, when does she work? 
Parent - By Morticia [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:10 AM
I just went to go look at the crazy guy's blog and he's changed it so it can only be viewed by people he invites to read it.  :laugh:
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:13 AM
:laugh: I hope they find this thread. Whackjobs.
Parent - By Morticia [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:15 AM
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:27 AM
I'm cracking up. She's a complete nutjob.

What are the odds one or both of them signs in to runango and we hear directly from them?

"You've taken it all out of context! The eating disorder, the God complex, the lesbian ex-wife, everything! We are not whack-jobs! We are physicians!"
Parent - By Morticia [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:30 AM
What are the odds one or both of them signs in to runango and we hear directly from them?

One could only hope.  It's quiet here today.  :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:33 AM
Did you see "Olga's" comment about how our thread is disgusting?  :blush:

The link you put in to discussion is disgusting. I understand by blooging to the world we are exposed to any types of comments, but I hope to never read about mine.
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:38 AM
I did. Olga is right, of course: Blooging does carry with it certain risks. Sadly, now she can read about hers.
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-26 12:24 PM
You're a blooger : pbbt:
Parent By cowboyjunkie [us] Date 2007-10-26 11:08 AM
<"You've taken it all out of context! The eating disorder, the God complex, the lesbian ex-wife, everything! We are not whack-jobs! We are physicians!">

yeah, there are no physician whack-jobs :roll: They are GODS!!
Parent By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2007-10-26 12:17 PM
I hate bumping this thread, but they would actually fit right in here.  JOIN US DOCTORS!!! :grin:
Parent By mutiger [us] Date 2007-10-26 2:41 PM
:shocker!::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

woooohoo pagerank :-D
Yes but it was a fabulous explosion of awesomeness in my mouth! - RG4
Parent By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:22 AM
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:15 AM
HOLY SHIT SHE FOUND US OUT!  Ok, now I feel really mean.  :sad:

"Wow. Thanks to everyone for your responses. And I'm feeling so good today after sleeping 9 hours and having amazing sex before going to bed. I can't say I have ever felt so healthy and womanly in my life.

And I've found a fun forum that talks about SR's blog and mine quite a bit. Here is the link to it, if any of you are interested. http://www.runango.com/forums/topic_show.pl?tid=62300

It is really fun to see people talking about the blogs, whether or not they agree "

PLEASE FEED YOUR BABY.  PLEASE EAT SOME FOOD. 
Parent - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:18 AM
I don't feel mean. I feel concerned.
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:20 AM
Well, I have mocked them, and now I feel like  a bitch. 
Parent - By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:21 AM
Do you know these people?
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:27 AM
:blush:  No.  But I still care.  : pbbt:
Parent - By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:28 AM
I hear you, but you don't know them. Don't worry about it. They're whack jobs. :hug::happy:
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:29 AM
Well.  :meh:  When you meet me, you'll find that I, too, am a whack job.  As is my husband.  He is, however, much much worse.    : pbbt:: pbbt:
Parent - By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:30 AM
:laugh::laugh::hug:

Are you meeting us next week?
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:31 AM
Of course!  I'll do my best, my company was just purchased so we have to do a 'special' financial month end close. 
Parent - By TBDBITLalum9700 (Pole Vault) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:32 AM
I'm looking forward to meeting new peeps. :hug:
Parent By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:33 AM
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Parent - By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:35 AM
DB, that's what makes you a good peep and not a meanie.
Parent - By DancingBear [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:36 AM
I was kinda mean up above.  :sad:  I won't edit it, but I really wanna.  :laugh:
Parent By soundandfury (100 mile stud) [us] Date 2007-10-26 10:45 AM
Mean can sometimes be instructive. Some very important lessons can be learned because we got our feelings hurt only after we'd ignored all the opportunities to learn something we needed to learn.

Addicts often need to be broken down totally before they give up the addiction. DB, I know a lot of people who owe their lives to the fact someone hurt their feelings.
Previous Next Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / So I was following blog links and stumbled into a hot mess
1 2 Previous Next